What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
The wife's last demand for today clean out the trunk. Lol. It's not going to stay that way for long I guaranty you that. Lmao. The pink/purple/black bag is her bowling stuff. God forbid I even think of moving it. Hey Capote you left something in my trunk see if you can find it. BTW what the fudge where you doing back there. Lol uploadfromtaptalk1443223851360.jpg

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Went to work, then came home and loaded the truck up with boxes and took a load to the new house. Then went with the boss to the Pumpkin Festival in Barnesville.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Driving 295 miles to Woodstock, VA to meet a few guys from a BBQ forum I'm a member of.

Reactions: djthumper

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:salivate: A BBQ forum? That would NOT be good for me at all.

I'm gonna try making some pulled chicken tacos. Just loaded up the crock pot, although I don't think I had enough ingredients to go with the amount of chicken I put in there. We'll see how that tastes later today.

Got some running around to do, gonna stop by Autozone and get my battery load tested. Sometimes on startup, the DIC resets on me. The radio will have blips of silence like the amp is turning off and on, a couple times the radio didn't turn on at all, and my HIDs flicker and dim for the first minute or so in the mornings. If the battery is fine, will be replacing the ignition switch, and rewiring my HIDs through the empty relay harnesses, instead of the fog light connections.

Reactions: Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Helped my neighbor with his 93 chevy lumina. Had a bad throttle body that was sticking at the gas pedal(kinda scary) and a very high idle. Chased one done at a local junk yard changed it out. All is good now.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
xavierny25 said:
Helped my neighbor with his 93 chevy lumina. Had a bad throttle body that was sticking at the gas pedal(kinda scary) and a very high idle. Chased one done at a local junk yard changed it out. All is good now.
Forgot to post pics for you guys. So here's the engine bay and throttle body.uploadfromtaptalk1443314270975.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443314194442.jpg

Reactions: Eric04 and Capote

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Cleaning up the garage after swapping a ball joint on the wife's Uplander. GM used some quality rivets! I know, should've bought the entire arm, but Zon had Moog joints for $34.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
In my travels around the area yesterday I passed about 8 Envoys. Surprised by the number I saw.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Fixing the forum so the abbreviated Youtube links embed properly moving forward. :compu-punch: (hopefully I've caught any stragglers already)

:undecided: Since I've been productive for the day, I wonder if I can go home now? Probably not. Besides it's raining, and people forgot how to drive. 3 accidents in front of the nearby grocery store :hopeless:

I suppose cube life will have to do for the next 7 hours.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life after a nicely extended weekend

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Almost done with the cube and realized it is bowling night. Should be a good time.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work stuff. The usual.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Work and then taking care of my pooch. She had a stroke Sunday evening and is paralyzed in her hind legs. Round the clock care for her now.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Work and then taking care of my pooch. She had a stroke Sunday evening and is paralyzed in her hind legs. Round the clock care for her now.
Sorry Juan.

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx Mate. She's doing fine, just needs some extra love and care from her daddy (me). We go today to get a harness fitted on her so I can carry her easier (100 lbs of dead weight is weighing its toll on me. Shes a big girl!) than wrapping a towel around her belly to pick up her hind legs. She also starts therapy. Laser treatments and water therapy to try and stimulate her legs and reduce the imflammation. She had the stroke in her spine and a piece of cartilage from her disk broke off and entered the blood stream clogging the supply to her hind legs. She'll never walk the same again, but the hope from therapy is that she can stand, stabilize herself, and go potty by herself. If that happens, the it's a success. She's not in any pain, she's just frustrated because she tries to move and can't unless I help her.

Here's Sasha. 8 1/2 yr old German Shepherd...
20150928_064443_zpsscm0o5cb.jpg

Other than that, it's a half a day at the office today and our appt is at 2pm. No night job tonight.

Reactions: Sib and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That sucks man. Hope it works out ok.

I am back in the cube....boo

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx bro. Such is life. Just playing the hand we're delt ya know.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Back in the office after a while, Doing a little bit of everything for this internship.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Patrolling the city

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Attempt 2 with the lifted snowblazer went better than attempt 1 but, attempt has 2 taken over 11 hours between some silly ass shit. Weather it be getting wrenches stuck on spring compressors, crowbars wedged, or rebuilding the strut assembly atleast 10 times.

The SnowBlazer is still at my buddy's since I have a 0:00 cerfew. I'm pissed at that thing right now..
.especially since it deprived me of lunch and dinner.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then play with the truck

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Back to some normality today. Sasha is doing OK and has regained some function in her right leg already. So it's back to normal and have to work both jobs...

Reactions: Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Property Manger asked me how long it would take me to repair a few holes a x - tenant left behind so I told him 45 minute and Of course he didn't believe me. So I told the super to pick me up a few supplies and sure enough 45 minute later It was done. The painter is in there now giving it a final sand primer and paint and all is good at the Habitat building.

Then I get call from the property manager that I'll be getting a added $200 bonus on my check for doing the work. He explained that the x - tenant was deducted $200 for damages left behind and felt it should be me to get it. It's always nice to know that I'm recognized in such a pretty big company with over 40 building. And the super has never heard of any one getting bonus for extra work work they might do. We'll I did lol. (btw he still couldn't believe I got it done in 45 minutes.lmao)uploadfromtaptalk1443715782762.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443715687529.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443715724420.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
xavierny25 said:
Then I get call from the property manager that I'll be getting a added $200 bonus on my check for doing the work.
:wooot: That's pretty sweet. Unexpected money showing up is always a good thing.

Whenever I've had to mod drywall for something, I will at least put a blank wall plate up to cover the hole. Have never had a deduction from my security deposits that way. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fixed plenty like that in our rentals, but hard to get a bonus when it is family owned. :smile:

The blank wallplate is kinda brilliant cause most would not notice. Honestly it is kinda hard to keep damage deposits if they fight you on it in my experience.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Blckshdw said:
:wooot: That's pretty sweet. Unexpected money showing up is always a good thing.

Whenever I've had to mod drywall for something, I will at least put a blank wall plate up to cover the hole. Have never had a deduction from my security deposits that way. [emoji106]
Alot of tenants here only hold a 1 or 2 yrs lease. So they basically don't do much to the apt except hang a few pictures and paintings. If they do paint or modify the apartment they have to contract a company to paint and patch before they hand over keys. Which is what 90% of them do. The other 10% try to do it themselves but just end up leaving the painters or myself more work to repair.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
HARDTRAILZ said:
fixed plenty like that in our rentals, but hard to get a bonus when it is family owned. [emoji2]

The blank wallplate is kinda brilliant cause most would not notice. Honestly it is kinda hard to keep damage deposits if they fight you on it in my experience.
I'm in nyc leases and the legal department handle all that. Besides these people pay on average $3500 a month on a 1 bed room. I don't know what kind of money there making to even bother to fight for $200. It's jus plain crazy to me.

I live in a 1 bedroom private house in brookly for under $1000 a month with bills so I think I got it made.lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
The blank wallplate is kinda brilliant cause most would not notice.
That was the idea. Fortunately it paid off each time. :cool:

xavierny25 said:
Alot of tenants here only hold a 1 or 2 yrs lease. So they basically don't do much to the apt except hang a few pictures and paintings. If they do paint or modify the apartment they have to contract a company to paint and patch before they hand over keys. Which is what 90% of them do. The other 10% try to do it themselves but just end up leaving the painters or myself more work to repair.
I thought the last place I was renting would ding me good, as poor as their service was with pretty much everything I asked them to do. Only 2 of the 3 upstairs bedrooms had a cable outlet, and of course the one without it, is the one I rented out to my friend.

So I drilled a decent sized hole into his room from the back of the closet of the adjoining room (where the cable was dropped) and fed the wire through. Bought a wall plate with the coax adapter in it for his side, and a plate with a hole in it for the closet side. Done deal.

It was in my lease that if I didn't have the carpets cleaned by a professional company, they'd dock me $200. I even checked with them just before moving out if I could just Rug Doctor it and call it a day, and they said no. So all I did was vacuum real good, left a pretty pattern in the carpet, and they forgot to charge me for the carpet cleaning. :celebrate:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Driving the wife to work, post office, auto zone to pick up a air filter. Also Going to be wiring up my headunit for screen mirroring from my phablet. And a few odds and end in and around the house and whatevery presents it's self.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life for now.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Cube life for me as well. Looking at tools and stuff that I sorta want, cuz they'd be cool to have "just in case" but I have no real current need for. Seems to be a habit of mine :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online