What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
We're aware of the server issues causing the multiple dupe postings for some members. We're trying to stay on top of them. :popo:

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Got new bulbs for my NF lights. :2thumbsup:

Attachments

• 47FDCC74-247C-4BAC-835C-260ECF297794.jpeg
    47FDCC74-247C-4BAC-835C-260ECF297794.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 646DCDF1-9468-40B6-A3B6-517723278CAE.jpeg
    646DCDF1-9468-40B6-A3B6-517723278CAE.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 9

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
Well,I bought another trailblazer today,couldn't resist,deal was too good to not buy it. Now we are the proud owner of 4 trailblazers lol

2003 Trailblazer LTZ 153.000 miles, paid $380 USD(I'm in Canada so $500 cad,248.000km). Always dealer maintained,pristine condition but completely plugged catalytic converter. Brought cordless drill with me and drilled a bunch of holes in front end of cat to be able to drive it home :smile:

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Got new bulbs for my NF lights. :2thumbsup:

Great score. I'm always looking around for some northface lights. There's just something about them!! Are those regular bulbs? Why not try Leds?

On my end noticed that I am nearing 150,000 KM on my TB. I'm thinking if it'd be worth it to give it to the dealer for PMS at 150K?! No major issues but would be nice to have a complete run through of the vehicle. :undecided:

Found some really nice rear led lights for the TB. 650 SR ($200) for the pair. Has built in resistors to avoid hyper flash. Was about to jump on them! Until I realized my pockets were empty 😥😥.

Am also looking around for some Led bulbs to replace my high beams and maybe even the HIDs in the projectors!

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Great score. I'm always looking around for some northface lights. There's just something about them!! Are those regular bulbs? Why not try Leds?
Because the lenses are already amber so why bother putting more expensive bulbs in if they're going to be orange no matter what. What I would really like would be smoked NF lights and mirror lights so I could entirely delete all the amber.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Finish setting up the new large format and then on to training.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Finished up some system report requests, and some data cleanup. :compu-punch:

Reading about lighting mods is making my mod bug twitchy. :squint:

We need to come up with a solution to these north face lights not being available!! I'm pretty sure the wiring should be easy. It's just the lens......

Reactions: Adamc0909

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
We need to come up with a solution to these north face lights not being available!! I'm pretty sure the wiring should be easy. It's just the lens......

That was actually a project of mine about 6 or 7 years ago. Tried my hand at making a silicone mold of my plain roof rack cap, (since it was much harder to find EXT lights compared to the SWB) planning to cast a clear polyurethane resin, and paint the outside areas black to mimic the NF caps. Rig up a mount for a small 194 socket, and try not to pull a muscle from patting myself on the back. :biggrin:

:no: :Banghead: :suicide: It was an epic failure on my part, didn't do nearly enough research on mold building, and my molds sprung leaks at the seams, causing a huge mess in my kitchen. After that expensive lesson in what NOT to do, my love affair with the NF lights took a dirt nap. :diggrave:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
The wiring is super easy. Took me between 30 minutes and an hour

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
That was actually a project of mine about 6 or 7 years ago. Tried my hand at making a silicone mold of my plain roof rack cap, (since it was much harder to find EXT lights compared to the SWB) planning to cast a clear polyurethane resin, and paint the outside areas black to mimic the NF caps. Rig up a mount for a small 194 socket, and try not to pull a muscle from patting myself on the back. :biggrin:

:no::Banghead::suicide: It was an epic failure on my part, didn't do nearly enough research on mold building, and my molds sprung leaks at the seams, causing a huge mess in my kitchen. After that expensive lesson in what NOT to do, my love affair with the NF lights took a dirt nap. :diggrave:

That was 6 years ago 😮!! I was thinking more like 3D printing the exact part. Or I was at one of these after market car accessories shops and found quite a few of the cab lights they had on the older suburban and pick ups. Was thinking maybe one of their lenses might fit the overall profile and we could seal it up to avoid moisture or water seeping in!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Might have been longer than that. Switchbacks were pretty new on the scene back then, I had just gotten my first set, and went with the Type 1 (AW). Whew, how our mod bugs grow... I don't think 3D printing was affordable for home setups at that time, or at least not nearly as popular as it is now.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Might have been longer than that. Switchbacks were pretty new on the scene back then, I had just gotten my first set, and went with the Type 1 (AW). Whew, how our mod bugs grow... I don't think 3D printing was affordable for home setups at that time, or at least not nearly as popular as it is now.

I agree!! Who knew when I bought my TB it would look the way it does today!! I remember seeing all the projector retrofits you guys had and thinking I can never do that!! Yet today I am rolling around with a Retrofit that I can be proud off. 😎

Since 3D printing is getting more affordable day by day, I think it would be the easiest method of making these lights. Who knows maybe it'll turn out to be a great little business just like @TXBlazer s turn signal mods 😊

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Trying to figure this out...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180815-234707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180815-234707_Chrome.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 7

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There is a security certificate that expired today. if you choose advanced and then set an exception to access the site.

It is being worked on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Started registering with the VA, something I should of done back when I left the service, not nearly 3yrs. later...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Man am I ever glad it's Friday! :wooot: Didn't sleep great last night, plus woke up at 5am without being able to fall back asleep, so I'm dragging a bit today. :nighty:

Helped a few people move from office to office, and tinker with the little work that I had. I'm supposed to be in a meeting right now with a newly promoted director to discuss some data that she's going to want reports on, but she's nowhere to be found, so I'm trying to stop nodding off at my desk until she surfaces.

Reactions: Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Sitting at work. Nothing is happening today.:suicide: Hoping to get out early

I'm trying to stop nodding off at my desk until she surfaces.
I fell asleep at my desk yesterday and the president of my company walked in and my coworker chucked a pen at me just in time for me to wake up before he noticed.

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Woodward today. Will there be any gmtnation representation down there today? Couldn’t take the TB because the parents want to “go as a family”...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Prepared a couple of chickens for smoking tomorrow (made my own St-Louis rub and Spatchcocked). Just having a beer before spaghetti dinner.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Disassembled my laptop as the keyboard was not working

20180817_155000.jpg

Need to put it back together again 😅

Made something for the old man, cause I was getting bored

20180817_153512.jpg

20180817_170018.jpg

20180817_165905.jpg

Now relaxing with a........

20180818_173213.jpg

P. S Dunno why my portrait shots are uploading tilted to the side 🤔

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
P. S Dunno why my portrait shots are uploading tilted to the side 🤔

Seems to be a phone thing. Another had the same issue. Works fine with computer.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Well fixed up two laptops for a fraction of the price of getting it done outside. One was pretty straight-forward just needed a new battery. The other laptop had to replace the keyboard. Was a nice fun experience, and as a bonus when I originally got the laptop it didn't have a backlit keyboard. Now it does 😎. Had some issues sticking it back to the base, so I had to resort to some 'old techniques'.......

20180819_220306.jpg

Double sided tape for the win!!!

20180819_222032.jpg

End result was worth it though

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members