What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2013
Laundry, maybe chili nachos later on...

Reactions: CaptainKD

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Worked till morning, had to finish a few molds up so we can have the new seals made per some customer revisions. Went bought a new cordless drill on my way home. Now just doing the Saturday chore/honey-do list

Reactions: Mounce

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Going to run to the hunt control building on fort knox and get my 2015 state and post fishing permits then go see if the lakes are frozen.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Replaced blower motor resistor. Rewarded myself with free Qdoba, with my rewards points. Then off to work here in about an hour. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425163543.625218.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Picked up Angel (Triz) this morning and ran down to Bradenton to visit David (Decembersend), and pick up his G80 rear end. On the way there, I had that phantom "oil pressure low", engine shutdown issue when a red light turned green. It didn't restart right away like other's have posted, so we had to push it into a turn lane. Couple more tries, then it fired up, and we were on our way. :ugh:

20150228_114301.jpg

20150228_120204.jpg

After some wrenching, lifting/lowering, pulling and hammering, we got it out, and loaded in my truck for the trip back.

20150228_124731.jpg

Before heading out, checked out the progress he'd made getting the engine bay broken down for his LS2 swap.

20150228_130346.jpg

While navigating our way through downtown Bradenton, some clueless driver entering traffic took an extra wide turn into my lane, and ran us into the oncoming traffic lanes (there was no center turn lane) Fortunately, the oncoming traffic was 2 blocks away due to a red light that had just turned green, so they had enough reaction time and distance to see what happened and stop short.

I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a second, and then when it started beating again, it almost beat its way out of my chest. Rear end slid around a little bit, scraped up the side panels some. :mad: Got back to our side of the bay and dropped off the G80 then got some lunch.

For tonight, heading out for some wings, and catch some UFC action. Should be less eventful than the day's activities.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Thank god there was some distance between you an oncoming traffic. Monday it will be 3 weeks since the head on collision at 55mph in my work van. Had it not been for the cage separating the cargo area from passenger compartment i may not be here today.

Reactions: CaptainKD and Sib

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah man, that scared us pretty bad. Thankfully that area was only a 35mph zone. But if I hadn't been watching that woman, she would have put her driver's side headlamp in Angel's lap. I'm not up to speed on my physics, but having that heavy ass rear end with the studs pointed at his back, would have ended especially badly for him in a head on collision. I should probably go buy a lottery ticket first thing in the morning, now that I think about it.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

wehowardjr

Nov 12, 2014
Loaded up and ready to roll. There is an inaugural bike show & swap meet at Biff Burger on 49th Street North in St. Petersburg today from 12 to 4. It's being hosted by New Belgium Brewing Company. If it's a success they will do this more often. Friends from northern Florida and the east coast are coming over to show off their custom builds. Good times ahead.

Attachments

• Bikes n trailer.jpg
    Bikes n trailer.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 25

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Shoveling some snow. We're hosting a surprise 30th birthday party for my cousin this afternoon. After that I have our second official practice. I'm really excited to run routes and get down to business

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching DVR

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cleaning, putting gear together

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Started my search on a place to rent. It's difficult to find a place around here that hasn't had the price jacked through the roof because the oil fielders get a living expense budget.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Had to work today.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At the office doing little as possible

Reactions: Blckshdw

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
"Attempt" to figure out what is causing lack of electricity to the outlets in my garage. I don't know a bunch about electricity so this is gonna be a learning experience.

Reactions: Sib

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
CaptainKD said:
"Attempt" to figure out what is causing lack of electricity to the outlets in my garage. I don't know a bunch about electricity so this is gonna be a learning experience.
Just remember, lick your fingers before you stick them in the power socket to test for power
zx11shocked_zpsdfac430b.gif

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At the cube today...

CaptainKD said:
ummm what is going on? Are they all on the same breaker?

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
djthumper said:
ummm what is going on? Are they all on the same breaker?
There is 5 outlets on the walls and an outlet on the ceiling for the garage door opener. Outlets on wall don't work but garage door outlet works fine. I checked circuit breaker and seems to be fine.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CaptainKD said:
I got 3 outlets in my house on same circuit only putting out 37.5 volts, seems strange but I'm gonna start with changing the 3 outlets to new ones and see what happens. I hate electricity too, learned the hard way about split receptacles when I changed one with power still on and didn't know about breaking off the lil tab, was a hell of an experience when I hooked up the last wire...

Good luck

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
I got 3 outlets in my house on same circuit only putting out 37.5 volts, seems strange but I'm gonna start with changing the 3 outlets to new ones and see what happens. I hate electricity too, learned the hard way about split receptacles when I changed one with power still on and didn't know about breaking off the lil tab, was a hell of an experience when I hooked up the last wire...

Good luck
Nice going Sparky :raspberry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Nice going Sparky :raspberry:
Hey now don't get us mixed up!

....Even if I did the same thing once.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ordering my new hood from fleabay.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sitting at work. Yippee!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Getting annoyed with stupid people at work.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
"work"

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Looking for a new employer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Been a busy day since I walked into a problem...
CaptainKD said:
Picking my ass at work.

[not literally]
Yeah sure....

Reactions: Sib and CaptainKD

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Researching. Preparing to move. Trying to find some place for a single person that doesn't have the rent jacked through the roof just because the oil fielders get living expenses paid by their company.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Beer n dvr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online