What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Purchased a lightly used Fisher F2 metal detector for a sweet price so I can look for my wedding band I lost Sunday while cleaning up leaves. :diggrave:Tried using a Tracker IV from the BIL but too many false signals and I need more info on what I'm sweeping over.

Hopefully will resume searching later in the week.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
CQ Worldwide CW (Morse code) contest on amateur radio. Its over in an hour. Headphones have done my head in.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
WarGawd said:
Quoting Jeff Dunham's character Walter?

[video=youtube;OR2xMw5-FZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2xMw5-FZ8[/video]

Absolutely! :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back at work, but wish I was hunting.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Picked up a new phone this weekend. Finally, today I got a chance to explore the Samsung GS3. :2thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
WarGawd said:
We've all seen those Walmart Customer photo collections - keep your camera phone close by!! :biggrin:

We were warned not to do that on day one. :no:

I'm working my regular job today and Wally world tonight...same tomorrow and Friday.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Took the boy (4YO) and went to my Dad's place to clean up his leaves.

My son was just as excited to ride around on the tractor as he was to take the tractor and the "leaf-washing-machine" and put them into the big trailer. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1201121532b1.jpg
    1201121532b1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 31

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Pulling apart my Stampede to see what broke. Either needs a new diff, or one of the other many plastic idler gears. Buddy was drifting it in the parking lot last night. Brushless motor on a standard 12T stampede=lots of broken drivetrain parts.

Oh well gives me an excuse to upgrade to steel.

gmcman you want to come vacuum up my leaves. Glad I waited since Monday is supposed to be nice, just going to mulch them into the grass.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
gmcman you want to come vacuum up my leaves. Glad I waited since Monday is supposed to be nice, just going to mulch them into the grass.

I just cleaned all mine up 2 weekends ago and I have the same amount as before.....filled that sucker 5 times and lost my wedding band in the process. If I had some time I would....only gas money and beer.:biggrin:

Rest of my weekend into Monday is leaves, searching for the ring, watching the Skins beat the snot out of the Giants. :cool:

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Pulling apart my Stampede to see what broke. Either needs a new diff, or one of the other many plastic idler gears. Buddy was drifting it in the parking lot last night. Brushless motor on a standard 12T stampede=lots of broken drivetrain parts.

Oh well gives me an excuse to upgrade to steel.

When I see talk of this, makes me want to dig out the toys. :yes:

Brushless is sick now, gonna stick with the nitro for now though. Just some food for thought...I have a RB motor in my Maxx and it pulls the wheels in 2nd. With the forward only conversion I left the driveshafts plastic and the center shaft the original small size so it's the weak link.

Unless it snaps every time you are under full throttle may be best to leave something plastic, maybe steel gears and plastic driveshafts.

Michblaze02

Nov 20, 2011
On the job hunt since early Sept. Few close calls, but nothing solid yet. Have another interview down in DET this Friday for sales engineer. Will be about 50% travel though which I’m not a huge fan of. There are plenty of jobs, its just a matter of how much experience you have. For me its not a whole lot, so I ask, how do you get experience when you don’t have much? Someone has to cut me some slack and give me a chance.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Michblaze02 said:
On the job hunt since early Sept. Few close calls, but nothing solid yet. Have another interview down in DET this Friday for sales engineer. Will be about 50% travel though which I’m not a huge fan of. There are plenty of jobs, its just a matter of how much experience you have. For me its not a whole lot, so I ask, how do you get experience when you don’t have much? Someone has to cut me some slack and give me a chance.

I've had no job since January and looking since September. I'm starting to realize now that I'm looking that my problem is I have 28.5 years experience doing the same sales job in the same industry. Now I'm limited to where I can go with my experience. I've had steady pay increases over those 28.5 years and now I can't find anything that pays as well either. Wish I could trade some of those years experience into post secondary education. It sucks cuz no one will give me 6 weeks holidays that I had nor will I be able to retire with full pension at 55, I have to wait till 65 to get that pension now without penalties. In a few months I'll have to take what I can get and accept it. I haven't had an interview in 29yrs and I'm sure they aren't the way they use to be either. I'm starting to really hate waking up every day searching on the laptop for something that doesn't seem to be there:frown:...

Michblaze02

Nov 20, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I've had no job since January and looking since September. I'm starting to realize now that I'm looking that my problem is I have 28.5 years experience doing the same sales job in the same industry. Now I'm limited to where I can go with my experience. I've had steady pay increases over those 28.5 years and now I can't find anything that pays as well either. Wish I could trade some of those years experience into post secondary education. It sucks cuz no one will give me 6 weeks holidays that I had nor will I be able to retire with full pension at 55, I have to wait till 65 to get that pension now without penalties. In a few months I'll have to take what I can get and accept it. I haven't had an interview in 29yrs and I'm sure they aren't the way they use to be either. I'm starting to really hate waking up every day searching on the laptop for something that doesn't seem to be there:frown:...

Ya, its rough when you don't hear back from places youve applied at. Your left wondering if your still in the running or not. A handfull of places ive applied at have atleast informed me they are moving on to other applicants. Ive had 5 interviews since mid Aug, and everyone has been a bit different. My last one was the worst. It was 2hrs long with two groups of two people interviewing using behavioral based questions. As soon as I left, I instantly got a headache. You would think with your experiance there would be something atleast close that you could apply your skills in. I would recommend putting your resume on as many job hunting sites as possible. I really only use indeed.com to search and apply, but I have been contacted from people who search or only use some of the other sites I just have my resume sitting in. I wish you luck on your job search :thumbsup:

Also, within your resume, try to put as many specific things as possible. Alot of times people search for those with certain backgrounds, and if you list those within your resume, your resume will be one of the first on the list. If you just say sales, im sure there will be 100s of people that pop up.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
All i have done today is lay on a heating pad. Damn back is killing me.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Took my sled to my buddies shop to start working on it for this upcoming season. Pulled the suspension out and all the shocks, they are being rebuilt by another buddy. The shop is what my friend built, it has a heated floor, big and small roll up doors, high ceiling with dormers, insulated and gas heated, the floor isn't on yet but he keeps it about 65 degrees all the time throughout the winter. Its a great place to be able to go wrench on the sleds. Our trail system starts behind his house. Here's a few random pics, my sled tore apart, an old Wizzer bicycle and a few other toys.

Attachments

• DSC02909.jpg
    DSC02909.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02910.jpg
    DSC02910.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02911.jpg
    DSC02911.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02912.jpg
    DSC02912.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02913.jpg
    DSC02913.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02918.jpg
    DSC02918.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02917.jpg
    DSC02917.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02916.jpg
    DSC02916.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02915.jpg
    DSC02915.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02914.jpg
    DSC02914.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02919.jpg
    DSC02919.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 16

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Gun shopping :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working then loading the truck up to be ready to go this weekend and lift another pavement draggin TB

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Going to a double wake tonight and another one tomorrow to comfort my friends. One of my friends had his uncle pass away on Sunday. He had finished making all the arrangements at the funeral home on Monday. His birthday was yesterday and he woke up to a phone call that his mother had passed away. Tonight's wake is for the 2 of them (brother n sister). My other friend who also had his birthday yesterday had his dad pass away on Monday, that wake is tomorrow. That's 3 deaths in 3 days. :frown:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not sure what to say.... my prayers and sympathy are sent north

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
prayers sent as well my friend...

and i just got home from the gym and i couldnt feel better... now for some Ramen noodles and bread for dinner...

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Prayers for your friend and family.

As for me I'm hosting my inlaws for the weekend, been fun! My daughter is having a blast with her grandparents!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Today, I finally tackled a project that I've been putting off. Installed my generator transfer switch.
So far:
A) furnace
B) sump pump
C) basement refrigerator
D) kitchen refrigerator

2013-01-27_20-02-49_801.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thought I would watch the ProBowl, but the players arent playing like it could be the end of their careers, so it bored me. Time to play video games..

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Well today I'm getting licence plates as I got a ticket for not displaying my front one and found out I don't have any so I had to park the truck on the side of the road and now I'm at ICBC getting new plates ugh this bites

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Packing for a 4 day sled trip to North Bay :woohoo: so doing some running around in the Envoy as well. Beer Store :Lager Louts: liquor store :tequila: done, carton cigars done, xm boombox and laptop and camera done, still have to get some groceries and munchies, I like munchies :biggrin:. Gotta go thru all my gear and pick proper layers for the temps. Leaving the Envoy at home which is good because I think the front wheel bearings are going, I'll post a thread on that when I'm back. Going in friends 2500 HD diesel pulling a 4 hauler enclosed trailer. Probably 16-20 of us in total at the hotel but we ride in separate groups (4-6) so the sledding is still fast paced, too many people in a group is a slow way to go. Of course we party every night as a whole group. I got the camera so I'll post some pics of the trip.

All this and I still gotta plan something for next weekend too!

johnstonjohnr

Dec 29, 2012
Today I got my XM radio activated for free on a 2 month promotion. :wootwoot::wootwoot: I wanted to see how much I will actually use it before I make a yearly commitment.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I took my son sledding today. We hooked up with my Newfie neighbor (he's in the black and grey jacket) and hit the local trails for the day. The trails were pretty busy and the Police had a checkpoint going that we got stopped at....well I almost blew right past the Police, because I don't wear glasses in my helmet and couldn't read Police on their jackets. I thought they were sledders standing on the side of the trail. My neighbor, well let's just say he has all the right stickers but they are all in the wrong place and he could of got a $110 fine for that. Ended up at Lake Conestogo Clubhouse for a beer a burger n a couple hot dogs. They're having a Chili Cook Out tonight at the clubhouse so it'll be kinda busy. Gonna be sledding tomorrow and then again on Monday. Monday is "Family Day" here so this is a long weekend for us :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC03087.jpg
    DSC03087.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03086.jpg
    DSC03086.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03085.jpg
    DSC03085.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03084.jpg
    DSC03084.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03083.jpg
    DSC03083.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03088.jpg
    DSC03088.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03089.jpg
    DSC03089.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 15

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Got up at 4:00 AM to take my wife to the airport. She's spending a week in Fort Myers with family.

(now, why didn't I plan an Ohio meet at my house?) :duh:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
The hubby and I will be doing the wiring to my new sub and amp so that I can at least use it once before the truck goes to the shop for a week. I also plan on giving it a good bath inside and out before the day's end. Then I'm picking my younger 2 boys up from their dad's, taking them birthday shopping at gamestop and then coming home to make cupcakes with all the kids.

It's going to be a busy day :crazy:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I just went for a drive around town n enjoy a cigar and a coffee :coffee:. I took a couple pics along the way of our recent snowfall. A pic of our historic public Library that they preserved by enclosing it in glass. It should last forever now, climate controlled, looks kinda cool. The grey tape pieces on the glass look bad but I guess that's so people don't walk into it. Going across our single lane steel bridge. And how about our train crossing, note the stop signs so the train has to stop before crossing the road. Years ago the road was a single lane over the tracks, really steep on one side, and controlled by a traffic light. We use to see if we could get the car air born cresting that hill, and succeeded many times, with the green light of course. Due to the cost of repair to the train tunnel they ripped out the road and made a level crossing with stop signs for the train. Oh how I miss the good old days, before microwaves, cd's and cell phones...

Attachments

• DSC03116.jpg
    DSC03116.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03115.jpg
    DSC03115.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03114.jpg
    DSC03114.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03113.jpg
    DSC03113.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03112.jpg
    DSC03112.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03117.jpg
    DSC03117.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC03118.jpg
    DSC03118.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03119.jpg
    DSC03119.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03120.jpg
    DSC03120.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03121.jpg
    DSC03121.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03122.jpg
    DSC03122.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03123.jpg
    DSC03123.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bigytwotone said:
Well it's my 21 birthday and I'm off work early so I think I'm going to go look at getting a custom dual exhaust

Happy Birthday to you!!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Well I'm finishing up packing along with the Mrs. We got fed up of living in KSA so we're shifting to Bahrain and I'll be commuting back and forth daily now ! Well worth it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.