What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Ordered a 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT (the v6). I didn't want to leave the GM family but just am not a big fan of the new camaro's driving experience. I am in love with classic muscle cars so this was the best compromise for that flavor with modern power, conveniences and MPG (305hp, 27mpg hwy), all for only a few grand more than buying a Honda Civic commuter car :smile:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Waiting to get the call to pick up Phantom. It's been a bit delayed with all the snow.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Pew, Pew, Pew

c827e346827f11e2896422000a1fb003_7.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Researching making an EMP box for my PCM while it is still on the truck, however I think I will just have to hide a new PCM in an EMP box just in case shit hits the fan like that :biggrin:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
Almost peeing in my pants, waiting to get off work. Going to pick up Plast-Dip for my wheels. Then off to the out-laws, to check out my new head-unit, GPS hard-wire, Mag-Lite mounts for the truck, and front door speakers. I order the shipping supplies at work, so i've been able to pick up (2) 3 D-cell Mag-Lites, for free from U-Line. The plan is to hard mount one Mag-Lite somewhere in the cargo are, and the other in the cock-pit or passenger area.:celebrate:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
It's snowing here but no trails to ride unless you drive 4 hours. So me n a buddy booked a 2 room suite in New Liskeard (Temiscaming Shores), google map says 555Km's and 5 hours 30 minutes drive. Thurs-Sun. The latest date I've ever rode my sled was March 19 2005, looks like it will be a new record this year, riding on March 24th. Now to start getting all my gear n stuff together. Trails are mint up there and riding will be awesome, rail beds, hydro lines n hard wood forests. :thumbsup:

here's a pic from a ride earlier this year with my son.

Attachments

• DSC03087.jpg
    DSC03087.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
Cleaned my gun, went to the cigar lounge and laughed a lot, then started drinkin, all in all an ideal day.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Don't know yet.. I just woke up, don't even know if I am going to work yet. Being on call SUCKS!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
It's freezing rain here and school is closed, both kids are home and my wife stayed home too. My friend, a framer (with a big garage) stayed home as well . Soooo, I'm going to pick up 2 front wheel hubs and a 35 mm socket and give it a go to change them in my friends garage. Taking my laptop too, I have Mooseman's service manual, you tube videos, and threads here at the Nation, oh and the camera too. I also will be looking for the clunking underneath as well. Hopefully all goes well, I'll update later in a thread....

Wish me luck, doing a job like this is very new to me...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
It's freezing rain here and school is closed, both kids are home and my wife stayed home too. My friend, a framer (with a big garage) stayed home as well . Soooo, I'm going to pick up 2 front wheel hubs and a 35 mm socket and give it a go to change them in my friends garage. Taking my laptop too, I have Mooseman's service manual, you tube videos, and threads here at the Nation, oh and the camera too. I also will be looking for the clunking underneath as well. Hopefully all goes well, I'll update later in a thread....

Wish me luck, doing a job like this is very new to me...

Good Luck. Really is a simple job. Pop off the wheel, remove brakes(I use a ziptie to hang caliper from spring), undo the three bolts from the backside and the ABS wire, remove axle nut, pop it out and then do reverse to install.

Takes about an hour, maybe two since you are new. FYI-- 36 MM works as well and may be easier to find.

Check you swaybar links for the clunk, may as well check out the ball joints and tie rods for any extra play too.

Good Luck and enjoy the feeling of doing it yourself and saving money.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Good Luck. Really is a simple job. Pop off the wheel, remove brakes(I use a ziptie to hang caliper from spring), undo the three bolts from the backside and the ABS wire, remove axle nut, pop it out and then do reverse to install.

Takes about an hour, maybe two since you are new. FYI-- 36 MM works as well and may be easier to find.

Check you swaybar links for the clunk, may as well check out the ball joints and tie rods for any extra play too.

Good Luck and enjoy the feeling of doing it yourself and saving money.

Perfect, thanks! I was just logging on say I could only find a 36 mm, on with the job...

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
johnstonjohnr said:
Today I got my XM radio activated for free on a 2 month promotion. :wootwoot::wootwoot: I wanted to see how much I will actually use it before I make a yearly commitment.

I did the same...found I only listened to 3 stations and the content got old in the 2 month span. I chose not to renew, they tried automatically billing the gift/credit card I used without luck obviously, and now they sent that bill to a collection agency. Make sure you actually cancel if you don't want it...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Fulfilling a few orders for my metal stamping hobby/business or whatever you want to call it lol I have an order of 6 pet identification tags and a wedding gift for a bride from the groom of a stamped penny with their wedding date, it will be in the form of a keychain.

Just a few examples...

View attachment 27387

View attachment 27389

Sorry the pictures are so huge!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130210_130056.jpg
    IMG_20130210_130056.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20130209_201503.jpg
    IMG_20130209_201503.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
Trying to find stuff to do, to keep my mind occupied, as I wait for my 8.6" axle to be delivered, here at work. I know if I leave to go to lunch, it will show up, and I really want to be the one to tow-motor it off the truck.

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013

Sure enough, went to lunch, and when I got back, the freight company was waiting. Went to Subway, where they were out of meatballs, which I really wanted. Oh well, my "new" 8.6' axle makes up for it.:wootwoot:

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
Voymom said:
Fulfilling a few orders for my metal stamping hobby/business or whatever you want to call it lol I have an order of 6 pet identification tags and a wedding gift for a bride from the groom of a stamped penny with their wedding date, it will be in the form of a keychain.

Just a few examples...

View attachment 13612

View attachment 13614

Sorry the pictures are so huge!!!

i think you and my wife would get along great

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Waiting for the UPS truck to come with my new grille, the anticipation is killing me lol staring at the channel that shows the front door of my apartment to see if he just walks in to write a notice and walks out (its happened multiple times without them buzzing my apartment #)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 27

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Waiting for the UPS truck to come with my new grille, the anticipation is killing me lol staring at the channel that shows the front door of my apartment to see if he just walks in to write a notice and walks out (its happened multiple times without them buzzing my apartment #)

LOL, I think that would make the anticipation that much worse! I too am waiting for the man in brown. Four beers later and I am still waiting...

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
LOL, I think that would make the anticipation that much worse! I too am waiting for the man in brown. Four beers later and I am still waiting...

Hahahahaha i didnt wanna miss it and then have to wait till monday :tongue: but its all good, package came and grille is in!

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
driving home and snapped a pic (south bound I-35) I think they are headed to Texas...View attachment 27538

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366314987.358783.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366314987.358783.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 91

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
redleg6 said:
driving home and snapped a pic (south bound I-35) I think they are headed to Texas...View attachment 13807

That cell phone video of the fertilizer plant explosion was pretty wild!!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Spent the day with the big guy on the deck and drinking some Blue Moon.

View attachment 13632

Thats a big dog, i had a wolf/leonberger mix pup but had no room so i had to give it away :frown: is that a full doberman or a mix? Cause it looks too bulky and muscular to be full doberman

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
redleg6 said:
driving home and snapped a pic (south bound I-35) I think they are headed to Texas...View attachment 13807

Thats a nice looking PREVOST. We build the D13L engines and I-Shift transmissions for those.

Ryda55555 said:
Thats a big dog, i had a wolf/leonberger mix pup but had no room so i had to give it away :frown: is that a full doberman or a mix? Cause it looks too bulky and muscular to be full doberman

Yeah he is a full blooded Dobie, but when we cut his tail we took it all the way down. I do not like the look of the little 4in tail. He is definitely strong and has a big chest, but he is also on a diet lol. Recommended weight for his age (He is 6) is about 100lbs. He is 115lbs.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
picking up a new style ('07 LT) front bumper cover at lunch today

sidenote: my wife approved this

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Going to attend an event for Organ Doanation in support of my lil bro that has recieved 3 kidney transplants and my mom that donated one.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Probably moving my head unit again (either today or tomorrow)

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366390075.533960.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366390075.533960.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 96

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
it has a 1/2 inch scratch on it, instant discount

they also have a new LS bumper w/fog light holes (textured lower) for $60...same discount

i'm getting the SS mesh grille from them for $88...they can't get the cross bar section for some reason

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Local U-Pull yard got in an 02 TB saturday. Going to go see if the dash is still there along with the cabin air filter door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online