JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Aww, someone should go give them a hug.

**1-2-3 Not it!!** :rotfl:

I volunteer Stef :raspberry:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I'm still on "Global Ignore". Funny, I never posted any "ridiculous links".

Sure would be nice if someone with an account would go over there and set the record straight on the "malicious changes" that were made. I'm pretty sure all of us volunteered for our signatures.

Of course whatever is written will be deleted. I'm sure they're only interested in a one sided conversation.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
It was probably Ghoster :raspberry:

It twas It twas...I seen'em done it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I volunteer Stef :raspberry:

The perfect liason between the sites!

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I for one know for a FACT there was no back end sabotage. If there was, I would have been the one who could do it since I was not banned from there until recently. This is completely false and misleading information. The only other person who would have had access to the back end would have been Jman. He and I did not set out nor did we ever plan on or intend to do any harm to the integrity of the site and its programming.

Hi everyone,

Over the last week you would have likely noticed a few things odd with the site and how is operating. I would like to take a moment to explain what you have been seeing.

Long story short, some of the staff members took into upon themselves to start a new site. Im sure this is not news to you by now. They stated that they wanted to the sites to co-exist however upon their exit, maliciously changed many members’ signatures and deleted a lot of posts from the site. They also disabled software features and plugins on the back-end and changed settings for the board before they left. Some of the members also decided to litter popular tech threads with site urls and ridiculous links. Because of these actions many of those members were put on a global ignore or banned then leading us to turn on moderation for new members.

We aren’t trying to hide anything or deter people from viewing other sites. Our main focus is to ensure this community is healthy and is here to provide Trailblazer and Envoy owners with the information they need to fix and maintain their vehicles.

So I apologize for the state of the site over the weekend and would have liked to have commented sooner, however we have been very busy in the background restoring and fixing what had been broken and sabotaged.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them… However, this will not turn into a finger pointing blame game just to try and hurt this community.

Thanks

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
I for one know for a FACT there was no back end sabotage. If there was, I would have been the one who could do it since I was not banned from there until recently. This is completely false and misleading information. The only other person who would have had access to the back end would have been Jman. He and I did not set out nor did we ever plan on or intend to do any harm to the integrity of the site and its programming.

I don't think any of us here think for a second there was any "sabotage". That's just spin to paint this site as a bunch of vandals.

I basically got told to go fly a kite regarding removing my content. I'm on global ignore, so it's not visible to the public anymore, but I am researching the parties I need to contact to file a DMCA takedown notice with the second they republish them.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
It's like watching a bad PR campaign after a political leader was caught with his pants down... :squint:

One train wreck after another. :no: eesh.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
harmless said:
It's like watching a bad PR campaign after a political leader was caught with his pants down... :squint:

One train wreck after another. :no: eesh.

Unfortunately, as with other bad PR campaigns, it may work against masses of uninformed people.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
jusbarron said:
I am sure it will get deleted but....

View attachment 1280

For the record, the act of changing people's signatures was requested by each and every person that it was done for. As for the "malicious" actions they are claiming... it was the act of deleting extremely off-topic and inappropriate images and posts that were made by members, not staff, during the transition phase. Myself, Joe, or any of the moderators never had any intention of "sabotaging" TrailVoy, as the idiots at VerticalScope have suggested, we fully expected that at some point, we would be asked to step down and pursue our new site. Using our well known identities to sabotage a site that WE all built, not them, is ridiculous.

VerticleScope is now in the process of trying to harm this community with legal action, but we'll hold off with that until their mistake has played out.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
They claim that things were done "maliciuosly". We did change users signatures! At the request of the users! Those requests are in a thread on here for public viewing. Thats not malicious.

Read the last line..... "However, this will not turn into a finger pointing blame game just to try and hurt this community."

Someone want to point out to them that by posting what they did, THEY JUST POINTED THE FINGER!!!

:hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I saw this thread on the OS and I replied to it.. they haven't banned me yet.. and the Admin actually replied to me... I don't believe for a second that people sabatoged the site.. however, there were things done that I would've done differently... there are still people over there, that like us at one point, are new to the GMT platform that were looking for answers to their questions... their threads shouldn't have been overwhelmed like that...

At the end of the day, the OS has a plethra of knowledge along with ssowners, and so on... I highly doubt anything will change on the OS and I am here to stay on this one.. all TV stickers have been removed from my SS and I will be awaiting the arrival of new ones from this site when it is all said and done... too bad to all those people over there that don't have access to all these great people here.. I've spread the word as discretly as I could, in fact I got Spong to come over here today through an email.. I've posted the links on my FB page, etc... so word is getting out there...

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
jimmyjam laying down some truth

jimmyjam said:
The value of this site is determined by one thing: the information gathered here by enthusiasts. That is the only thing generating web hits.

While these people are generating income for you, free of charge, you've refused to give anything back in terms of site improvements, only taken away resources, and added ads. The jaguar bar was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Now you vilify the people who's information you hold as an asset. it was a very short sighted business strategy: maximize profit and ignore the people generating your web hits for free. dumb move. your golden egg laying geese have flown the roost. (do geese have roosts? idk... anyway) :tiphat good luck

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
VerticleScope is now in the process of trying to harm this community with legal action

Saw that coming... but I'm sure you guys did too.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I saw this thread on the OS and I replied to it.. they haven't banned me yet.. and the Admin actually replied to me... I don't believe for a second that people sabatoged the site.. however, there were things done that I would've done differently... there are still people over there, that like us at one point, are new to the GMT platform that were looking for answers to their questions... their threads shouldn't have been overwhelmed like that...

At the end of the day, the OS has a plethra of knowledge along with ssowners, and so on... I highly doubt anything will change on the OS and I am here to stay on this one.. all TV stickers have been removed from my SS and I will be awaiting the arrival of new ones from this site when it is all said and done... too bad to all those people over there that don't have access to all these great people here.. I've spread the word as discretly as I could, in fact I got Spong to come over here today through an email.. I've posted the links on my FB page, etc... so word is getting out there...

We gotta keep in mind that the "Admin" is just a puppet of the true master - VS. His hands are probably just as tied as our volunteer Admin team was. Their like the person you speak to when you call into a call center... just another underpaid gofer.

Not that I condone anything he's saying because I'm calling BS on most of his statement(s). But as someone above mentioned, his statement will probably herd the rest of the new sheep back into their corral and they'll never know any better. :lipsrsealed:

It's a shame though that there might be a legal battle coming down the pipes... :no:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Perfect. Then we have no worries.

(Does anyone know what their accusations are? Are we, as members allowed to know?)

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:

The thread I linked in the Off-Topic forum has posts indicating VS's history of attempted legal strongarming. The jury's out on how successful they've been.

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
It has seriously gotten to legal action? Does this mean as members we might get summoned to go to court. Well I have just the tie to wear.:rotfl:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
was just over @ the OS. i had change my signature (early last week) to: gmtnation.com come on over. just a statement, not a link
someone changed it to "trailvoy.com" come on over.
also the jag. banner did not come up. seems to load a little faster now.
tried to delete pics in my gallery, could not. any way to do that?
it also said current viewers (my Gallery) were me and like 177 non reg. users? really.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
fletch09 said:
was just over @ the OS. i had change my signature (early last week) to: gmtnation.com come on over. just a statement, not a link
someone changed it to "trailvoy.com" come on over.
also the jag. banner did not come up. seems to load a little faster now.
tried to delete pics in my gallery, could not. any way to do that?
it also said current viewers (my Gallery) were me and like 177 non reg. users? really.

Its a script they are running(I would imagine thats whats causing alot of the problems)

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Admin said:
right now im soo disappointed by the way a few members handled themselves no. Until this can cool down and the **** flinging ends I would lay off for now.

i have not personally refused any kind of update of improvement. Now had this been brought up to my attention correctly then there might have been something to talk about. Are there people to blame, I dont know.

If there is something you want let me know and I will see if its feasible.

Stew

That makes me want to scream

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
If you go back to the first post in THIS thread, I clearly asked that people not get carried away, but that we keep things professional and clean. Members are allowed to express their opinion, and their opinion was that there were too many ads and not enough features. The staff has silently grown tired of the BS, and when we finally did something about it, VS staff was no where to be found. Anything the staff did during the transition was legit, we can only do what VerticalScope allows us permission to do. While that could allow for malicious activity, it is obvious that aside from expressing opinions and spreading the word throughout the community, the site is still standing... if a malicious attack was the goal, I doubt that would be the case.

We moderated/deleted posts as needed when things got out of hand. That is what we have always done. They claim they are not pointing fingers at anyone, but I think you all see what we see... we don't have to tell you what to think.

I do not agree with how some members handled the transition, but I was not sitting at your keyboards when you posted your content. You did not see any posts come from my account (Jman423) as an administrator on TrailVoy, nor did I utilize a shill account. My hands were tied with the responsibilities of building this new site, which went from concept to grand opening in record time. All of the requests to alter people's signature, which I did not create, are still visible on this site, and I am sure they are still sitting in my PM box on TrailVoy... I did not force anyone to display anything. I simply did what I would have done as an admin when someone had a hard time getting their signature to work. Malicious? No.

What's next? They will promote some new staff, and they too will become tired of the lies and bullshit before VerticalScope completely ruins their desire to be an enthusiast anymore. While I would certainly respect anyone that took the position, I would also pity them... they are in for disappointing ride.

As for their claim that we never asked for improvements... all I can say is that there is a whole forum section of posts from several years in which the staff conducted business behind the scenes. This is typical of most large forums. That section contains all of the requests and complaints, some of which you have seen, that we have attempted to get VS to respond to, but I digress.

VerticalScope has to ask themselves why "we" (the WHOLE staff) would throw away years of hard work and networking with the community for no good reason. 1 person, fine... they might get tired and walk away. But when the WHOLE staff decides it is time to go (at the same instant), how could you even doubt that anything we claimed VS did or didn't do was anything but the truth?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
***Getting my bag of popcorn***
popcorn3.gif

They have got a set of balls on them :hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Jman423 said:
If you go back to the first post in THIS thread, I clearly asked that people not get carried away, but that we keep things professional and clean. Members are allowed to express their opinion, and their opinion was that there were too many ads and not enough features. The staff has silently grown tired of the BS, and when we finally did something about it, VS staff was no where to be found. Anything the staff did during the transition was legit, we can only do what VerticalScope allows us permission to do. While that could allow for malicious activity, it is obvious that aside from expressing opinions and spreading the word throughout the community, the site is still standing... if a malicious attack was the goal, I doubt that would be the case.

We moderated/deleted posts as needed when things got out of hand. That is what we have always done. They claim they are not pointing fingers at anyone, but I think you all see what we see... we don't have to tell you what to think.

I do not agree with how some members handled the transition, but I was not sitting at your keyboards when you posted your content. You did not see any posts come from my account (Jman423) as an administrator on TrailVoy, nor did I utilize a shill account. My hands were tied with the responsibilities of building this new site, which went from concept to grand opening in record time. All of the requests to alter people's signature, which I did not create, are still visible on this site, and I am sure they are still sitting in my PM box on TrailVoy... I did not force anyone to display anything. I simply did what I would have done as an admin when someone had a hard time getting their signature to work. Malicious? No.

What's next? They will promote some new staff, and they too will become tired of the lies and bullshit before VerticalScope completely ruins their desire to be an enthusiast anymore. While I would certainly respect anyone that took the position, I would also pity them... they are in for disappointing ride.

As for their claim that we never asked for improvements... all I can say is that there is a whole forum section of posts from several years in which the staff conducted business behind the scenes. This is typical of most large forums. That section contains all of the requests and complaints, some of which you have seen, that we have attempted to get VS to respond to, but I digress.

VerticalScope has to ask themselves why "we" (the WHOLE staff) would throw away years of hard work and networking with the community for no good reason. 1 person, fine... they might get tired and walk away. But when the WHOLE staff decides it is time to go (at the same instant), how could you even doubt that anything we claimed VS did or didn't do was anything but the truth?

Well said Jman... well said..

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
right now im soo disappointed by the way a few members handled themselves no. Until this can cool down and the **** flinging ends I would lay off for now.

i have not personally refused any kind of update of improvement. Now had this been brought up to my attention correctly then there might have been something to talk about. Are there people to blame, I dont know.

If there is something you want let me know and I will see if its feasible.

Stew

He probably didn't officially deny or refuse anything..... that would have required a response!! Without dragging names around in here, I have personal knowledge of 4 staff members attempting to get a response from vertical scope for various things. Hell, we didn't even know which "handler" we should address week to week. If you want a simple way to look at it, we use vbulletin to run our forums. As did Trailvoy. Trailvoy is 23 versions BEHIND!! We couldn't get them to update it!! That doesn't even include many many other updates that were needed.

So for them to say they never refused anything..... well they may not have actually said "no".... but they sure as hell never said YES either.

Typical misleading corporate bull shit.

:hissyfit::hissyfit:

Sorry for the rant.:cool:

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Ghoster said:
He probably didn't officially deny or refuse anything..... that would have required a response!! Without dragging names around in here, I have personal knowledge of 4 staff members attempting to get a response from vertical scope for various things. Hell, we didn't even know which "handler" we should address week to week. If you want a simple way to look at it, we use vbulletin to run our forums. As did Trailvoy. Trailvoy is 23 versions BEHIND!! We couldn't get them to update it!! That doesn't even include many many other updates that were needed.

So for them to say they never refused anything..... well they may not have actually said "no".... but they sure as hell never said YES either.

Typical misleading corporate bull shit.

:hissyfit::hissyfit:

Sorry for the rant.:cool:

They will take the position that there are SOOOO many sites in their network, but it comes down to them not wanting to spend the money on licensing and putting in the effort to keep the sites secure.

That 23 versions that they were behind did NOT include security patches, nor did it include alpha, beta, or release cadidates.

For the record... I offered to perform updates, fixes, and the addition of features that we requested... all of which I did before VS purchased the site... most requests were not answered, and some were just open-ended responses.

I spent several hours on the phone with VS when they bought the site, pleading to let me further the work I did for the community... after jumping through hoops and long periods of silence... I gave up.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Stef,

Thank you SO much for saying what so many of us want to say over there. You are taking them to task in a calm, respectful but forceful way that makes every point they refuse to address erode their case.

You sir, are a true statesman. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
harmless said:
Taken care of. Politely, I may add.

Politely blunt :biggrin:... well said though.. i defended the actions as well..and well you saw what he said to that..

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I'm being groomed to be a "negotiator" where I work.

Can you tell? :cool:

And you're all welcome.

(I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by doing so...) :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online