Trailvoy (Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
...aaaaaaand they're fixing the bottom Jag/Yota bar.

Only took 500 people leaving for them to actually listen.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Does it even show me viewing the thread at all? I know nothing else of mine can be seen :undecided:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Does it even show me viewing the thread at all? I know nothing else of mine can be seen :undecided:

Nope. I doubt you can see me viewing it either.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I can't tell you how hard I am laughing right now.

He is so seriously disconnected from what is going on that he thinks he has it all under control. I won't explain what was done, but members got what they were promised, no thanks to VS. If you recall... contributors were not supposed to see ANY ads.

Also, if he had just looked through the site suggestion box, he would see where MEMBERs were livid about the advertisements... not the staff.

He can point at me all he wants, but his story is unraveling. They got TONS of free work out of us, made tons of profits, and we upheld the community at the expense of having lost interest in the reason we accepted staff positions.

It took the events of this past week to get their attention, and only NOW will he attempt to start changing things... TOO LATE.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Trailvoy won't like you place a URL link to this site. I tried to comment on the new Envoy thread there and it automatically changed my link to the PICS here at GMTnation, to a Trailvoy URL. That's cheesy; I only wanted to show the Envoy thread folks an ugly Asia market 2013 TB, and what they can expect.

Did someone make them :mad::eek:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Politely blunt :biggrin:... well said though.. i defended the actions as well..and well you saw what he said to that..

I know I and I did. Guess it's just the way I lay things out. I've been around long enough for everyone to know I don't sugar coat nothing. :biggrin:

Besides, these are words I live by... "Walk lightly and carry a big stick". :poke:

(we also now have confirmation that he's visited our new playground...)

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
They have got a set of balls on them :hissyfit:

... and I went and gave them a little shot to remind them that they have some. :wink:

Me007gold said:
That makes me want to scream

Agreed. Seems like he's wanting to try to be honest but he's got his wee wee stuck in a VerticalVice. He's caught between being a corporate puppet and putting out a fire he's barely got control of.

Kinda feel bad for the kid. :redface:

Ok, that moment's passed. :rotfl:

fishsticks said:
...aaaaaaand they're fixing the bottom Jag/Yota bar.

Only took 500 people leaving for them to actually listen.

:crazy: 500+ and counting... :biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:

I saw that and I'm sure they have even signed up. But I'm sure even though they may not be able to tell us, Jimmy and the rest of the other mods know who is who around here.

Just call me Fox Mulder

fox_mulder_fbi.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
harmless said:
Jman, can you still see what's going on over there?! :confused:

I am not contributing to their ad revenue, but I am getting the play-by-play from members they think are banned.

I am actually doing things to this site for the benefit of the members.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:

Thats obvious to us.... how else could they send us DMCA take down notice.:cool:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Maybe I am just speaking for myself here but I agree with jman and the other moderators that we as members here and some of us still there need to just let the piece's fall where the will the members here know that this site is very well run and will continue to be about the members of this site. So with that said can we focus on putting up useful information on here. Rather than having a he said she said debate.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:
Thats obvious to us.... how else could they send us DMCA take down notice.:cool:

Over what? :dunce:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
I am not contributing to their ad revenue, but I am getting the play-by-play from members they think are banned.

I think with adblock enabled I'm not contributing either... though maybe I'm wrong.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm interested to know what grounds they are trying to file their lawsuit on :confused:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:

You telling me that my being present on both sites is contrary to the benefit of this site?

I'm playing ambassador and I'm holding the attention of one of the supposed higher ups ... and yet with that post I can't help but feel like I'm suddenly a black sheep for this forum... :frown:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
You telling me that my being present on both sites is contrary to the benefit of this site?

I'm playing ambassador and I'm holding the attention of one of the supposed higher ups ... and yet with that post I can't help but feel like I'm suddenly a black sheep for this forum... :frown:

yes and yes

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:

What you are/have missed, is that they will NOT be cooperating with us ever. They say they may, but would they be filing lawsuits against us if that were true? We don't need an ambassador, we need a lawyer.:cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
harmless said:

Ain't no suddenly about it homey!!! :raspberry: :poke:

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
harmless said:

You can do whatever you want to do. I have made it clear that I am not interested in "GMTNation vs. TrailVoy", we are doing this for the benefit of the members of the community. I was not able to contribute to TrailVoy, even before they banned me, but now I have full control and the features here, I promise you, will far exceed TrailVoy.

Your visiting their site, Ad Blocker or not, is contributing to their statistics of which are used to sell advertising space, and make them revenue.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I only visit when I truly need to find an old post, but most of what I need has been hidden anyway at this point.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:

I do appreciate it (as many here do I'm sure) but unfortunately I suspect Ghoster and Jman are right :sadcry:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I can't help but feel like I'm suddenly a black sheep for this forum... :frown:

I've always been the black-sheep :raspberry:

black-sheep.jpg

Ghoster said:
We don't need an ambassador, we need a lawyer.:cool:

I took a Business Law class, does that help? :rotfl:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Although if that last post is an indication of the spamming they've been doing to get absent members to come back to generate hits, I think the few of us who still have access aren't making that much of a difference. Besides, things are still "hot" right now, once things cool down and we get more of our content in place, we won't need to go back there and it will be all noobs helping noobs.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
High Voltage said:
yes and yes

You, sadly, I expect nothing less of at the moment. If you have something you'd like to say, PM me, or do it here, I don't care.

Ghoster said:
What you are/have missed, is that they will NOT be cooperating with us ever. They say they may, but would they be filing lawsuits against us if that were true? We don't need an ambassador, we need a lawyer.:cool:

If I had access to a good one, I'd send him your way, let me tell you. BTW, I haven't missed anything. I don't recall any rules saying that we coudln't flirt with both forums when signing up. I've pulled out all my info and relinquished my Chapter to the powers that be. I'm just a regular joe there now, IMO. Just like I'm a regular joe here.

It was suggested that we not burn the place down when we leave. It was partially burned. Some got chastised for it. It's a messy time. I get that.

What I think some of you may have missed is that many members will still be in bed with the OS, whether by need, curiosity or simple want. I still see the names of people here online over there when I'm posting to the Admin thread.

I'm here doing what I've always done, being me.

I'm over there trying to convince some suit that he needs to fix the damn place for the greater good of all of us, past, present or future and to possibly leave us alone in our new playground.

Now, can someone please explain to me how that is BAD for anyone out here in cyberland? :confused:

Blckshdw said:
Ain't no suddenly about it homey!!! :raspberry: :poke:

Hey, aren't you being housed in the same kennel as me. :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
harmless said:
Hey, aren't you being housed in the same kennel as me. :raspberry:

No sir, you're not muzzled like I am, as indicated by the new direction of this thread. :quiverlips: :missing:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
You, sadly, I expect nothing less of at the moment. If you have something you'd like to say, PM me, or do it here, I don't care.

You asked a question I answered it.

Why is the wind suddenly out of the south?

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
harmless said:
I'm over there trying to convince some suit that he needs to fix the damn place for the greater good of all of us, past, present or future and to possibly leave us alone in our new playground.

We understand that... and while you are doing that, we are over here focusing on making this site bigger and better so we don't have to plead to a "suit' who repeatedly says that all you need to do is tell him there is a problem or request a new feature... he is too dense to understand that we have been doing that for a LONG time now, and nothing has been done, which is why this is all happening.

And God Bless jimmyjam, he is saying every bit of what I am thinking... the things that need to be said. I have to admit that I am surprised that you haven't been either banned, posts deleted, or moderated... yet.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The Admin's thread needs somebody here to make three points, two minor, one absolutely critical.

1) The Admin was ignoring member Visitor Messages. Probably didn't even know they were being posted.

2) The claims that the contributions like PLATINUM were to be used SOLELY for the benefit of the community was a lie. True in the past; not true when a corporation was in charge.

3) They shut down the sticker store, and weren't sending out anything promised to contributors.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Nicely put Jman, nicely put.

I called the Admin out but stated I hope he can fix the problems over there. I will use it as my signoff post, I will only refer to information from there and tell everyone that Ive met about GMTNation.com. Ive spread the word to most the active NW Chapter members from the OS, but those who I havent got to yet will be informed soon.

I say everyone just stops replying over there and let the pieces fall where the fall. VS will realize they royally f%$ked up soon enough, lets not tarnish the image of this fantastic site. :thumbsup:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Nicely put Jman, nicely put.

I called the Admin out but stated I hope he can fix the problems over there. I will use it as my signoff post, I will only refer to information from there and tell everyone that Ive met about GMTNation.com. Ive spread the word to most the active NW Chapter members from the OS, but those who I havent got to yet will be informed soon.

I say everyone just stops replying over there and let the pieces fall where the fall. VS will realize they royally f%$ked up soon enough, lets not tarnish the image of this fantastic site. :thumbsup:

Damn.... its like I've watched you grow from a smart teenager to a smarter man......:thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
Damn.... its like I've watched you grow from a smart teenager to a smarter man......:thumbsup:

logo_hallmark_lrg1.jpg

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I read through that whole thread, and I agree, thank jimmyjam for calling him out. I said it a lot gentler in my reply to that thread, wonder if it'll put me on their radar and get me banned. Dont care now, Im done contributing to a site that doesnt value the input of its members.

GMTNation FTW! Thank Jman for all the hard work, as Ive said before, if you need help just let me know. :grouphug:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
The Admin's thread needs somebody here to make three points, two minor, one absolutely critical.

1) The Admin was ignoring member Visitor Messages. Probably didn't even know they were being posted.

2) The claims that the contributions like PLATINUM were to be used SOLELY for the benefit of the community was a lie. True in the past; not true when a corporation was in charge.

3) They shut down the sticker store, and weren't sending out anything promised to contributors.

I think they will come over here and read it. Of course then they claim its LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!!!:biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:

Done.

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
I am as many others are being moderated on TV. If I was not being moderated I would have called out the Admins as did JimmyJ and Eric and much more softly harmless(really I was expecting you to tear into them).

As I have said before; I came to TV in 2008 because I had questions on my Voy. But then life changed and didn't come back much until 2011 and when I came back the world was upside down.

When I purchased the TV I had some issues with binding in the 4x4, I took it into the dealers and they said that it was due to this and that(really can't remember) but gave me a verbal quote of $2100 to repair. So I asked some friends and they said that it was probably a B.S. Dealer. But they were both ford guys and so didn't know if the drive systems were different and after asking here and then getting PM's informing me to look at the 4x4 threads. I came to understand that what I was experiencing was normal and user error caused.

I was young and never had a dealer flat out lie to me like that. I will never forget the help that I was provided on TV. But it was the people that were the wise ones and provided the help and care, not the site. I think VS forgets that. Saving me $2100 in flat out repair lies is well worth getting moderated on the TV site, in trying to tell people how the good people have moved to this site.

Again Thanks to JMan for starting this. Every day when you think you are overwhelmed just think of the money you are saving people.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:

07 TB RIDER said:

Awwww, thanks fellas. :rotfl:

And yep it feels that way Ghoster, when I signed up in April 2005 I wasnt even 16 yet (July) and was a sophmore in high school. Here I am, 22.5 years old and 4 days away from graduating college. Crazy! Ive learned a lot and grown a lot during my time on the OS, and Im sad to see it degrade to where it is now.

Nov 18, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Awwww, thanks fellas. :rotfl:

when I signed up in April 2005 I wasnt even 16 yet (July) and was a sophmore in high school. Here I am, 22.5 years old and 4 days away from graduating college. Crazy! Ive learned a lot and grown a lot during my time on the OS, and Im sad to see it degrade to where it is now.

Congratulations on your accomplishments, I wish you the best in your years to come. Its so nice to know that regardless of the wrong that's presented itself between the two sites, you have shown how to maintain a more mature behavior.:thumbsup:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ms SilverBullet said:
Congratulations on your accomplishments, I wish you the best in your years to come. Its so nice to know that regardless of the wrong that's presented itself between the two sites, you have shown how to maintain a more mature behavior.:thumbsup:

Thank you, I sincerely appreciate it. Ive always tried to be mature and levelheaded about my involvement online and in person. :smile:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
ScarabEpic22 said:
Ive always tried to be mature and levelheaded about my involvement online and in person. :smile:
I knew you were special when you were 16 and trying to hide it on-line to not get stereotyped. Was on my bucket list to meet you in person and in Vegas I got to check that off without paying for a plane ticket. A grateful Roadie thanks you for spending more money than I did to make the meet. :thumbsup: :rotfl:

Seriously - my house is open if you ever want to visit San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen