Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Do it, do it

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Blckshdw said:
bi-xenon Lexus RX350s. They're 3" and took up a little more real estate than I thought they would when I bought em.

Also, all the shrouds that TRS sells that say they fit on these, are wrong. The mating surface is more like 2.75", so I will have to get creative to mount shrouds on them, since the centric rings are too small to fit, and the shrouds themselves are too big on their own. :mad:
There was a guy on hidp asking whether X oem projector would fit in his tbss lights and of course no one knew so I invited him over here (imagining if anyone knew for sure what could fit or not would be you) but he declined the invite. :no:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mounce said:
There was a guy on hidp asking whether X oem projector would fit in his tbss lights and of course no one knew so I invited him over here (imagining if anyone knew for sure what could fit or not would be you) but he declined the invite. :no:
I think outside of the Lexus LS430/460 and Mitsubishi Outlanders (they have that lower reflector bowl like the previous examples) everything else should theoretically fit. It just comes down to how you want to mount them.

If I opted to mount the RX350s permanently with JB Weld, then I'd have no problems with needing a top mount, or clearance underneath the bowls for nylock nuts. Just cut a big hole, tack it with some epoxy gum, slather on the JB Weld and call it a day. But because I want the adjustability factor, much more work is required.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
New bat hitch vs. Old

I like how this guy changed up the receiver end. No way for water to get trapped and cause rusting, kudos

uploadfromtaptalk1442246400275.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
STILL no red LED eyes to tie into the parking lights. So FAIL!!
That'd look cheesy for a batman theme, if it was a vampire one yeah lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Don't make em big, cartoony, Mickey mouse lookin eyes, just very small ones, like in your avatar. Put the LEDs behind them, wire into the trailer hitch bundle and you're good to go. They won't be seen during the day, only at night when the parking lights are on.

If I ever come up there to meet you and Brandon, I'm gonna mod your hitch while you're sleeping. Then the next day while you're enjoying your chicken nuggets, be like "Hey Aaron, there's something different about your ride today, I wonder what it is?" :laugh:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
Don't make em big, cartoony, Mickey mouse lookin eyes, just very small ones, like in your avatar. Put the LEDs behind them, wire into the trailer hitch bundle and you're good to go. They won't be seen during the day, only at night when the parking lights are on.

If I ever come up there to meet you and Brandon, I'm gonna mod your hitch while you're sleeping. Then the next day while you're enjoying your chicken nuggets, be like "Hey Aaron, there's something different about your ride today, I wonder what it is?" [emoji23]
Lol I know what you meant brother on how to go about it.

Oh god dude don't do that. When me and Brandon did my lifters (which werent even bad, go figure) and we were putting everything back together afterwards, he put different bolts on my alternator bracket and I got annoyed Lol, I never got annoyed by him before. I'm very anal about changes to my rig that aren't run through me first. Lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Duct tape some racing stripes on there

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Duct tape some racing stripes on there
I've seen that before....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Me too. Had a car back when I turned 21 we used to draw on with permanent markers drunk. It was pretty out there. Lil Maxima that would talk to you. $200 of awesome

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Me too. Had a car back when I turned 21 we used to draw on with permanent markers drunk. It was pretty out there. Lil Maxima that would talk to you. $200 of awesome
Me and my bud who's also a wrenchie we're supposed to buy a project or "ramp car" to fuck with for like $500, but we never got around to making up our minds. We were gonna ramp it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We used to always have derby cars in high school. Wish I had kept a few instead of us just wrecking them into nothingness.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
We used to always have derby cars in high school. Wish I had kept a few instead of us just wrecking them into nothingness.
Buuut its fun to wreck junkers, they're already messed up

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Holy hell Kyle Lol
Where are you? I've never even seen a recent picture of your mug

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Always had a white hat backwards back then.

Wife swears I am not in those pics. Says I look way different

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So I've decided to mount my gauge pillar, non functioning gauges, except for RPM's. Realized I have to hook up my water temp to lower radiator hose. Need a new radiator, so no point in doing it now and doing a coolant flush. Might as well wait until I'm at Brandon's again to finish that gauge and mod. And I'm too lazy to hook up the trans temp gauge and finangle about underneath trying to get to the test port. *sigh* Guess this mod will just be more for looks until January

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like gauges

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
uploadfromtaptalk1442327538039.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That would kill my visibility offroad

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
That would kill my visibility offroad
Actually didn't obscure my view honestly

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I already have to change positions to see around obstacles width the width so i know any addition would be worse. Our pillars are wide enough anyway I find it annoying.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
I already have to change positions to see around obstacles width the width so i know any addition would be worse. Our pillars are wide enough anyway I find it annoying.
Yeah I know you offroad guys need as much visibility as possible crawling and such [emoji6]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You got to love the on-road heads up display though

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Is adding an inverter a mod...

Reactions: xavierny25

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Not yet. Thinking about it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Its not factory...so....therefore...mod

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
xavierny25 said:
Here's where I have mine. It's been there since last summer.
attachicon.gif
20140730_102934.jpg
I was thinking passengers seat. My door speakers amp is there currently.

Three questions for you.
1. Output. 1500 watt 2000? What do you have?
2. What wire gauge did you run?
3. Did you run the positive and ground leads straight to the battery?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
littleblazer said:
I was thinking passengers seat. My door speakers amp is there currently.

Three questions for you.
1. Output. 1500 watt 2000? What do you have?
2. What wire gauge did you run?
3. Did you run the positive and ground leads straight to the battery?
1. It's a 2000 watt from harbor frieght. Pretty cheap but works well.
2. I used 4 gauge wire for both ground and positive.
3. No .... I just tapped into the fuse box under the rear seat and added a inline fuse. The ground I went straight to the seat bolt.

I hardly use it at all. My son get the most uses out of it charging all his gadgets and what not. I use it to vaccum. Lol. But it will always be there for when the time comes that I do need it. It has 2 usb ports and 2 recepticals.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oooo guys I like dat der mod y'all. Simple enough. But I'd have no use for it...

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
xavierny25 said:
1. It's a 2000 watt from harbor frieght. Pretty cheap but works well.
2. I used 4 gauge wire for both ground and positive.
3. No .... I just tapped into the fuse box under the rear seat and added a inline fuse. The ground I went straight to the seat bolt.

I hardly use it at all. My son get the most uses out of it charging all his gadgets and what not. I use it to vaccum. Lol. But it will always be there for when the time comes that I do need it. It has 2 usb ports and 2 recepticals.
Cool. Any power drop issues? I'd imagine you'd be limited to only about 800 watts since the rear fuse block is run with 8 gauge iirc. I plan on running my leads straight to the battery since I expect when I will use it, I will be putting on large sustained loads. That would be convenient for vacuuming too.... :undecided:

Capote said:
Oooo guys I like dat der mod y'all. Simple enough. But I'd have no use for it...
You'd find something I'm sure. :yes:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
ArmorAll vacuums guys....duh. Me and David have em.

Like what though?

Reactions: Sib

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
littleblazer said:
Cool. Any power drop issues? I'd imagine you'd be limited to only about 800 watts since the rear fuse block is run with 8 gauge iirc. I plan on running my leads straight to the battery since I expect when I will use it, I will be putting on large sustained loads. That would be convenient for vacuuming too.... :undecided:

You'd find something I'm sure. :yes:
No power drop issues so far. the only tool I've ever plugged into it was my d.a polisher with no problem. I've been planning to get a new wire and attach it to my rear fuse block for my amps since I have 2 empty slots. And have 0 gauge power running back there from the battery. btw no need to run the ground all the way to the battery just keep it as short as possible to any body bolt on the rig. uploadfromtaptalk1442451982812.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
xavierny25 said:
No power drop issues so far. the only tool I've ever plugged into it was my d.a polisher with no problem. I've been planning to get a new wire and attach it to my rear fuse block for my amps since I have 2 empty slots. And have 0 gauge power running back there from the battery. btw no need to run the ground all the way to the battery just keep it as short as possible to any body bolt on the rig.
attachicon.gif
20150828_133027.jpg
I'd need to upgrade my chasis ground then.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Yes sir. Might as well do the big 3 while your at it. We'll worth it. I've never had a issue with voltage drop or my lights dimming since the big 3. I'm also pushing about 2000 watts of amplifer and 5 farad capacitor just to insure no drop in voltage and to save th e battery. uploadfromtaptalk1442453996884.jpg I so have to clean up the wireing it's not working for me.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
What're the big 3 again? Tracking engine ground, what're the other 2?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online