so who still uses the old site?

May 5, 2013
Tried to go and have a glance over there but alas, I'm no longer with us lol!!

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
When I was shopping for my Envoy earlier this year I looked online a lot and found the OS in a lot of searches. Scattered somewhere in a post was a single helpful response, that also had mention of this site, and so I came here and was pleasantly surprised by the contrast from there to here. I'm a member on many online forums and communities and even though I don't post a lot here, I feel very welcome and happy that there is a ton of knowledge available; many times I don't NEED to post because I can find my answers via the search function. I'm still a newbie, but happy to be here and for all the mods/admins do. :smile:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: ... Apparently, I do!! Woke up this morning to a Trailvoy email in my inbox, indicating someone sent me a PM. :confused:

I guess the global ignore status only applies to thread posts, since he saw some of the pics I posted in the galleries (I forgot all about those) and had some questions. I sent a response, any of the former mods remember if PMs go through if you're on GI? :undecided:

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
I am still "active" as I signed up there a few months back when i got my truck and got absolutely no responses besides someone telling me to check here. And I did and am here to stay. Sorry to hear of what used to be going to waste and having to start over. Seems there is a great thing going here though and i'm glad to be tagging along!:thumbsup:

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
Decado said:
When I was shopping for my Envoy earlier this year I looked online a lot and found the OS in a lot of searches. Scattered somewhere in a post was a single helpful response, that also had mention of this site, and so I came here and was pleasantly surprised by the contrast from there to here. I'm a member on many online forums and communities and even though I don't post a lot here, I feel very welcome and happy that there is a ton of knowledge available; many times I don't NEED to post because I can find my answers via the search function. I'm still a newbie, but happy to be here and for all the mods/admins do. :smile:

Most things can be found with a search, but sometimes if you run into a snag I find I have to ask others here.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Dubai Credit Cards: Special Bonanza - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

One spammer starts a thread about offshore credit cards. ANOTHER spammer follows it up with a "free credit score" scam post. There is TRULY nobody minding the store anymore. Spammer #2 (sidehopper) has had an account there since Jan 2012 and has posted 103 spams without ONCE been noticed by anybody with the power to nuke him.

In this thread, he follows up yet another spammer:
An account on pet classifieds - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Vertical Scope LOVES spammers - they increase the member AND post count, without needing to be fed or watered.

Indian real estate spam:
“Flats at Kakkanad: Game Changers in Property Market” - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:rotfl:

I like how PowerFreak offers to send all his bank account #'s and social security # to this guy. I hope no one follows that lead. He is an identity thefts dream :no:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I used to. Honestly I remember finding offroadtb and maybe this site a while back but my memory's crap so I had forgotten it but remembered TV.

So I would pop on once in a while, read around, ask questions, see if I could answer something... honestly I was hardly ever on so I never noticed the graveyard in the background. But I did notice Roadie's thing on his posts said "No Longer With Us," which I took as meaning he was like dead or something, til I figured it out. Personally, I found his explanations and experience to be very trustworthy, I'm not good at describing rattles and clanks but he still tried helping me.

Other day, I saw someone saying to someone else "ask this question at G M T N A T I O N . C O M (no spaces)." Not my thread, but I came over anyway and found the wonderful community I thought I had lost touch with. My inaugural post was pictures of my old burnt brake pads, it's been smooth sailing from there, and I've even managed to answer someone's question for once! Well not directly... he wanted to know if he could hook a digital RSA into a manual rear HVAC... but I did tell him what wires did what which seemed to help him.

Also, I like this setup. Ad at the top, ad at the bottom. No stupid "inline" ads dropped in as legitimate-looking posts cluttering the thread continuity.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Got this email this morning from the Evil Borg Empire. They are not even smart enough to cancel premium accounts of those they banned. Glad I didn't set up a recurring Paypal payment for this insanity:

Dear the roadie,

Your "Trailvoy.com:Platinum Supporting Member Special" donation is about to expire.

To renew this supporting member tier or choose another tier of support, please visit Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Thank you very much for supporting our website.

All the best,
TrailVoy Staff

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
the roadie said:
Got this email this morning from the Evil Borg Empire. They are not even smart enough to cancel premium accounts of those they banned. Glad I didn't set up a recurring Paypal payment for this insanity:

Dear the roadie,

Your "Trailvoy.com:Platinum Supporting Member Special" donation is about to expire.

To renew this supporting member tier or choose another tier of support, please visit Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

All the best,
TrailVoy Staff

So... what did you reply with? You did respond, no?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Playsinsnow said:
So... what did you reply with? You did respond, no?
I forwarded it to some VS addresses with a sternly worded note to stay the fuck out of my in-box.

Odd thing was, they sent it to an address at roadie.org (which I own) that THEY had edited to be mis-spelled after they banned my ass. To assure that I NEVER would be able to receive email from trailvoy members looking to see if I had died or moved to another site. The thing they forgot was that, unlike Hotmail or Gmail or any other email provider, since I *own* roadie.org, I can set it up so email sent to ANY address at roadie.org gets to me. A catch-all email configuration.

They are so stupid. :raspberry:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Maybe I had just forgotten, anyone remember the super-inline ads? I'm not talking an ad pretending to be a post. I'm talking if someone types "brake pads," it automatically turns it into a link selling what I assume is brake pads.

I clicked on that link provided ^^^ about "whining / grinding front wheels" to see what people were providing as solutions and noticed a whole bunch of this. Also one of the actual inline ads (pretending to be a post, says Sponsored Links for the title) is literally a TrailVoy ad.

View attachment 32458

If I hover my mouse over things like Forums and Articles, the appropriate submenu opens IN THE AD, and the links they direct to are direct links to different areas of the site, no ad site middlemen. What in the world?

Edit: Scrolled back up, both "picture" ads heading the thread are the exact same thing. Who broke their ad network? :rotfl:

Attachments

• whatinthe.jpg
    whatinthe.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 15

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
What a clusterf**k, not sure who broke the ad network. However I will still take credit for breaking the moderators.

I just realized that woman from their customer support did not reactivate my account, I am still a miserable user. What if I need the expertise to diagnose something, I don't want to be miserable about it.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
I get decal request from members there all the time.
I have not and will not make any!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
High Voltage said:

Make one with the outline of this guy:

View attachment 32460

This guy's name is Dennis Voy. Owns the radio station KMAQ, and the Voy 3 Theaters (and a drive-in) in Maquoketa, IA. They want TV decals, make them one of this guy that says Trail above it or something creative :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Or for TV requests, send them a GMTN one. Let's see the bans and filters get around that :undecided:

Attachments

• 00-Dennis.jpg
    00-Dennis.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 68

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
the roadie said:

Dear the roadie,

All the best,
TrailVoy Staff

I've seen a lot of your posts over there, I thought the 'no longer with us' meant you quit going there and you put that on.

Just shows how bad they really are. It took about 3 months to get my account activated, no reponse from the mods, adds everywhere, I'm on that site less and less now that I know about this one.

Anybody who searches for a problem for their vehicle tho, usually TV shows up at the top of the list. There is a lot of good info, but not much action. I've posted on TV about doing a fog light mod for our '03.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Too Fast said:
I've seen a lot of your posts over there, I thought the 'no longer with us' meant you quit going there and you put that on.

Just shows how bad they really are. It took about 3 months to get my account activated, no reponse from the mods, adds everywhere, I'm on that site less and less now that I know about this one.

Anybody who searches for a problem for their vehicle tho, usually TV shows up at the top of the list. There is a lot of good info, but not much action. I've posted on TV about doing a fog light mod for our '03.

Instructions for a mod? It's your content, feel free to transplant the post over here. Some are very stalwart against ever having the OS's URL even typed in their browser bar, it wouldn't hurt to bring it on over.

Yeah the ads everywhere are killer, man. If I hadn't figured out how to disable stupid tap-to-click on the laptop touchpad, I'd have racked them up so much money because no matter where your cursor is it's on an ad, and this thing has a touchy touchpad sometimes :rotfl:

It's like the Million Dollar Homepage [Wikipedia] except it pretends to have some intention besides blasting ads. At least the MDH is honest that it's designed to be an ad page.

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Instructions for a mod? It's your content, feel free to transplant the post over here. Some are very stalwart against ever having the OS's URL even typed in their browser bar, it wouldn't hurt to bring it on over.

Yeah the ads everywhere are killer, man. If I hadn't figured out how to disable stupid tap-to-click on the laptop touchpad, I'd have racked them up so much money because no matter where your cursor is it's on an ad, and this thing has a touchy touchpad sometimes :rotfl:

It's like the Million Dollar Homepage [Wikipedia] except it pretends to have some intention besides blasting ads. At least the MDH is honest that it's designed to be an ad page.

I'll look and see if anyone here has posted a mod like I did to our fogs. Basically, I wanted the fogs on with the parking lamps. There was no way from the factory that I found to do that, the headlights would always be on no matter what if I wanted fogs, and only low beams at that. I have it so the fogs are on whenever any exterior light is on. One bad thing for some is you cannot only have parking lights on, with no fogs. But for us, that's how we want it.

And I hate, I mean HATE, how that other site (or any site) has the double underline links to ads. Accicently roll on something, to get an ad.:mad:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
IllogicTC said:
Also one of the actual inline ads (pretending to be a post, says Sponsored Links for the title) is literally a TrailVoy ad....Who broke their ad network? :rotfl:
That's not broken! That's evidence they CAN NO LONGER SELL ENOUGH ADS TO FILL THE SPACES THEY DEDICATE TO THEM!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vertical Scope is going down!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Too Fast said:
I'll look and see if anyone here has posted a mod like I did to our fogs. Basically, I wanted the fogs on with the parking lamps. There was no way from the factory that I found to do that, the headlights would always be on no matter what if I wanted fogs, and only low beams at that. I have it so the fogs are on whenever any exterior light is on. One bad thing for some is you cannot only have parking lights on, with no fogs. But for us, that's how we want it.

And I hate, I mean HATE, how that other site (or any site) has the double underline links to ads. Accicently roll on something, to get an ad.:mad:

Weird, if I turn my headlamp switch to P then push the foglight button, I get parking + fogs. It's just not automatic. Switching to P also overrides DRL from what I've seen. You can even use the toggle to turn everything off except the fogs.

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
^^^Well, here's hoping that the '03 did it differently, so it's not just me.

I tried various ways to override the DRL, and the auto light (don't like that anyway).

I could turn all off before I did the mod, then turn on the park lamps, but when I tried to turn on the fogs with only the park lamps on, the headlights came on.

I think when I tried to turn only the fogs on, nothing happened unless an exterior light was already on.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I got an e-mail message that someone sent me a PM from a member over there asking about my sunroof repair thread. Can't reply to the poor member. I didn't think of this before, but if anyone that is on the other site wanna message ENVLAZ3R and see if you can get him over here. I'm muted on the site now.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Too Fast said:
That is the EVIL Intellitxt ad system IntelliTXT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's trivial to add an AdBlockPlus entry to nuke them all.

Visiting Trailvoy without an aggressive AdBlockPlus filter is like wearing a coating of advertiser pheromones and walking into the advertiser mating grounds at the height of advertiser mating season surrounded by a horde of drooling horny advertisers.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
High Voltage said:

It's good to see you back Jeff, I thought you fell off the face of the earth.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Short Bus said:
It's good to see you back Jeff, I thought you fell off the face of the earth.

High Voltage said:

Were you using apple maps?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Missed you, Jeff! Glad to see you again.

Here's a stab from the past - while looking for something else in my work desk, I ran across this old business card I used to give out at meets and slip under windshield wipers at the mall.

View attachment 32485

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 39

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MORA. View attachment 32487 A cautionary tale for why large trail rides need to be 100% pre-run, not 50%. And why having two people in charge can lead to things falling in the cracks between them. And why the Skipper got in trouble on the Minnow on what should have been a "3 Hour Tour". And why Banjo music is scary.

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 38

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
There was someone in charge? :banghead:
We had fun....just would have been better to have had time to sit around the fire and tell stories!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online