so who still uses the old site?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
The_Roadie said:
Let's hijack the thread for a short interlude and play "guess how old I'm gonna be in 3 weeks."

Couldn't find the thread where you gave hints but I'll guess 64. Old wise one :hail:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
blazinlow89 said:

:raspberry:
There's a thread where members are talking about first rides or wives and he mentioned college and a wife. Sh!t, there's a random guess or look for an answer?

I have a feeling he is older. Respect your elders right? Or :poke: and :smiley_kill: ?

:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
62, but my mind is stuck in a loop at 27. Har....

Feb 16, 2012
The_Roadie said:
HAHAHAHA! The most recent mercenary profit-monger admin cannot even spell. :redface:

And he thinks we've quit coming to the site. He can't even be bothered to read the posts immediately ABOVE HIS that ever-so-subtly mention GMTNation.com!

He should be IDENTIFYING candidates to be moderators. Here, we have three times as many qualified candidates as we can reasonably use. There, nobody wants to be in charge of jackasses and spammers.

I would not be astonished if a spammer volunteered to be a mod, just to clean up his COMPETITOR'S spam. They're certainly not going to have a contest to see who has the most accurate technical posts and promote THEM.

Super Administrator

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Silver Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4

looks like they have all stopped coming to the site. In unrelated news, does anyone want to volonteer to become a site moderator?

PM me if you would like to volonteer.

Will somebody please clue the potential volunteer sucker in? :wink:

I think the funniest part is that they seem to not even be editing referenced to the Nation here. Some came right out and said the name, I hid it in my message. Last year this was ban-able immediately!! :rotfl:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
The_Roadie said:
Let's hijack the thread for a short interlude and play "guess how old I'm gonna be in 3 weeks."

Makes you an Aries :thumbsup: : You need an emotional outlet -- and that doesn't mean a punching bag! Unless boxing is your preferred means of venting, you need to find a non-aggressive method for handling all this. Me thinks you have the right position here to vent... :rotfl:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Robbabob said:
Makes you an Aries :thumbsup: : You need an emotional outlet -- and that doesn't mean a punching bag! Unless boxing is your preferred means of venting, you need to find a non-aggressive method for handling all this. Me thinks you have the right position here to vent... :rotfl:

Funny, I just happen to have one at my desk... :biggrin: Sometimes my coworkers use it more than I do. :crazy:

20140311_112558_zps0m2szdkg.jpg

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The_Roadie said:
62, but my mind is stuck in a loop at 27. Har....

I was right. I used an "educated" guess, as in using the Mod tab down at the bottom and searching profile.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xxxxxx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Got this message when I went to the 'meet the staff' page. Are there going to be secret mods again?:undecided:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
Got this message when I went to the 'meet the staff' page. Are there going to be secret mods again?:undecided:
Naw, I still get it fine, not logged in. They must have banned you. Log out, clear cookies, and go look again.

There are no mods still. The Admin can't afford to be picky, though. Not when you have spammers fighting other spammers for post count. :rotfl:

Somebody should start a thread: "Trailvoy Spam Whores for fun and profit!"

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I still get banned quickly. I don't understand all the hate.:no:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Imagine Wal-Mart.

Now imagine going into Wal-Mart, but everything was labeled with all upper-case everything and in sometimes terrible English.
Now imagine all these terribly-labeled items are just strewn all over random aisles instead of being on their proper shelves.
Now imagine all these terribly-labeled items laying around, don't have directions so people decide to make directions for the various things, and half the time the directions are completely wrong and require you to buy other items you didn't actually need.
Now imagine everywhere in this ill-kept store, there doesn't seem to be any employees minding the shelves or the customers at all.
Now imagine people taking advantage of the lack of supervision to try soliciting their wares, writing on the shelves. "Free iPhones," they say. "+30HP," they say.
Now imagine an automated system that is horribly broken attempting to mind the clutter, except all it does is remove phrases on products and replace them with their own phrase.
Now imagine most of the savvy shoppers have noticed this place looks like a disaster, and decide to set up their own shop elsewhere.
Now imagine the store, in an odd move of actually doing something, try to make it look like those regulars don't shop here anymore because bad things happened to them here and there, as life tends to do.
Now imagine the store offering you all of the terribly-labeled, disorganized, misinformed products they have for the low price of being slapped in the face literally every few feet by a billboard advertising something.
Now imagine trying to find anything in this mess, but being required to sign up for a club card (free!) in order to use the in-store computer search.
And above the exit is posted.... Thank You For Shopping TrailVoy!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
IllogicTC said:
Imagine Wal-Mart.

Now imagine going into Wal-Mart, but everything was labeled with all upper-case everything and in sometimes terrible English.
Now imagine all these terribly-labeled items are just strewn all over random aisles instead of being on their proper shelves.
Now imagine all these terribly-labeled items laying around, don't have directions so people decide to make directions for the various things, and half the time the directions are completely wrong and require you to buy other items you didn't actually need.
Now imagine everywhere in this ill-kept store, there doesn't seem to be any employees minding the shelves or the customers at all.
Now imagine people taking advantage of the lack of supervision to try soliciting their wares, writing on the shelves. "Free iPhones," they say. "+30HP," they say.
Now imagine an automated system that is horribly broken attempting to mind the clutter, except all it does is remove phrases on products and replace them with their own phrase.
Now imagine most of the savvy shoppers have noticed this place looks like a disaster, and decide to set up their own shop elsewhere.
Now imagine the store, in an odd move of actually doing something, try to make it look like those regulars don't shop here anymore because bad things happened to them here and there, as life tends to do.
Now imagine the store offering you all of the terribly-labeled, disorganized, misinformed products they have for the low price of being slapped in the face literally every few feet by a billboard advertising something.
Now imagine trying to find anything in this mess, but being required to sign up for a club card (free!) in order to use the in-store computer search.
And above the exit is posted.... Thank You For Shopping TrailVoy!
Your walmart isn't like this?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The_Roadie said:
Naw, I still get it fine, not logged in. They must have banned you. Log out, clear cookies, and go look again.

There are no mods still. The Admin can't afford to be picky, though. Not when you have spammers fighting other spammers for post count. :rotfl:

Somebody should start a thread: "Trailvoy Spam Whores for fun and profit!"

Oh cheese and crackers. I can see it as a guest.

On a semi-related note I got banned with 0 posts and 0 private messages. edit - account was from July 2012.

Currently Active Users: 2761 (181 members and 2580 guests)

I'm one of the 2580 guests now.:badday:

IllogicTC said:

:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
When we were all back there, spammers didn't last ten minutes usually. Mods FOUGHT with each other to nuke 'em. I was frustrated being on the west coast because the morning east coast crew got their pick of spammer carcasses first.

Here, they mostly don't even survive registering for a new account! Rare to see a spam get posted for a member to even hit the "report this post" button.

A Vertical Scope Admin that has to time share among 50-60 forums under his responsibility couldn't possibly keep up with spammers, and Vertical Scope is too cheap-ass to pay for more staff admins to do the clean-up. And they'll never get competent unpaid volunteers anymore to be mods.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Too Fast said:
OMG.................I see I was the last poster on one of those you screen-shotted. I was a last poster on the beer thread back in December.

Hope y'all forgive this newb....

It's cool. While we all poke fun at the old site, we aren't forcing anyone to make a choice between "us" or "them." People can make up their own minds on where they want to be, right? :thumbsup: There are some topics which have come up over there and haven't over here yet, and so sometimes it is a necessary evil to trudge the graveyard ruins in hopes of a treasure to bring back to the light side :rotfl:

Also, people are still doing requests in the Carfax thread :crackup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I see the "post pics of your wife or girlfriend" thread is still alive :rotfl:

I wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back looking through the nonsense in that thread.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Too Fast said:
OMG.................I see I was the last poster on one of those you screen-shotted. I was a last poster on the beer thread back in December.

Hope y'all forgive this newb....
But you weren't one of the majority of posters there who were spammers. What could we possibly be be annoyed with you about? That you didn't get the memo that we had all left trailvoy in Dec 2011? That's not your fault that you were led into the Vertical Scope trap by Googling for stuff. You woke up and found the community. Now tell others who need to be led to the promised land. Carefully, so you don't get banned. :wink:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The_Roadie said:
But you weren't one of the majority of posters there who were spammers. What could we possibly be be annoyed with you about? That you didn't get the memo that we had all left trailvoy in Dec 2011? That's not your fault that you were led into the Vertical Scope trap by Googling for stuff. You woke up and found the community. Now tell others who need to be led to the promised land. Carefully, so you don't get banned. :wink:

Pictured: Subtlety.

View attachment 33249

Dude's been doing this a while and nobody's stopped him. :rotfl:

Also reading through the spam. I love the horribly broken English, and the replies like "OMG MORE SPAM!!!" :crackup:

Update: I found a spammer "karven" (the post about building blocks), who claims to have a... get this... 2008 Olds TrailBlazer LT EXT. Okay, so an EXT beyond their year of manufacture, and somehow also an Oldsmobile. Reminds me of Johnny Cash - One Piece At a Time.

Attachments

• TCA100ST_300.jpg
    TCA100ST_300.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
If I'da known that I would be banned anyway I would have posted in the "How to be Attractive to Girls" spam thread.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
IllogicTC said:
Pictured: Subtlety.

View attachment 20741

Dude's been doing this a while and nobody's stopped him. :rotfl:

Also reading through the spam. I love the horribly broken English, and the replies like "OMG MORE SPAM!!!" :crackup:

Update: I found a spammer "karven" (the post about building blocks), who claims to have a... get this... 2008 Olds TrailBlazer LT EXT. Okay, so an EXT beyond their year of manufacture, and somehow also an Oldsmobile. Reminds me of Johnny Cash - One Piece At a Time.

Haha I seen that and is a good technique. I have been using that in a couple PMs and threads to see how the mods would react. Highly doubt they even seen it.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Haha I seen that and is a good technique. I have been using that in a couple PMs and threads to see how the mods would react. Highly doubt they even seen it.

Don't know how they don't see Mark20's, uses the maximum-size font :rotfl:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
IllogicTC said:
Don't know how they don't see Mark20's, uses the maximum-size font :rotfl:

Damn, you just blew my cover!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I got banned for doing that in PM's and in every thread possible. :twocents:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have been doing a little recruiting myself. I see their Admin is hard at work recruiting. Found this in a thread, "Is the staff alive" :rotfl:

Some reason he thinks the spammers have stopped coming to the site.

View attachment 33254

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 12

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
I have been doing a little recruiting myself. I see their Admin is hard at work recruiting. Found this in a thread, "Is the staff alive" :rotfl:

Some reason he thinks the spammers have stopped coming to the site.

View attachment 20746

That is old news... Maybe you and illogic should volunteer and then unban those of us that are banned.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
djthumper said:
That is old news... Maybe you and illogic should volunteer and then unban those of us that are banned.

My bad. This is the first time I have been over there in months. I thought it was funny that was his way of recruiting compared to the approach Roadie took. Tons of threads for cell phones. What a waste of time.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
djthumper said:

Volonteer. Canadians and their strange use of vowels. :raspberry:

In related news I was banned for first arguing with a mod and the admin. Then for post whoring gmtnation in many threads. One made it 2 days before they caught on. I also had an email conversation with the VS customer support to try and get my screen name unbanned which never did occur. Then a few shill accounts got the ax. Pretty blatant with the name gmt360nation.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
My bad. This is the first time I have been over there in months. I thought it was funny that was his way of recruiting compared to the approach Roadie took. Tons of threads for cell phones. What a waste of time.

My bad, it was posted in a different thread with that Volonteer request.

I got banned because my sig said gmtnation.com

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
blazinlow89 said:
Volonteer. Canadians and their strange use of vowels. :raspberry:

In related news I was banned for first arguing with a mod and the admin. Then for post whoring gmtnation in many threads. One made it 2 days before they caught on. I also had an email conversation with the VS customer support to try and get my screen name unbanned which never did occur. Then a few shill accounts got the ax. Pretty blatant with the name gmt360nation.

Haha. I have been spamming the many cell phone adds with g m t n a t i o n . c o m (no spaces). I figured if they are leaving the nonsense cell phone adds, then they will not care about my post either.

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
The_Roadie said:

Yep that's exactly how I found that site, we bought our TB last June. First one we've had, replaced our Cherokee. I don't Google stuff 100% anymore, not just bc of this, tho.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online