so who still uses the old site?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Well I found out 3 things since my last post.

1. The mods from TV watch this site like hawks, any time I post something and screen shot it immediately after, the thread is closed/deleted within 10 min. (will continue this later)
2.They are either running scared or strictly on damage control
3. I got banned, well only if I try to reply, I can still login and go to user cp, not sure about PM. (dont really care, surprised it took this long)

View attachment 18636

Now I posted a thread last night around 10, I did screen shot but did not post it here. The thread was just deleted 10 min ago. If it I had posted a screen shot it would have been gone a lot faster, no matter what time of the day it was.

View attachment 18637

It did get 40 views, before getting deleted. So hopefully it got a few people over there to notice whats going on.

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #016 - 'Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum' - forums_.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #016 - 'Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum' - forums_.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 22
  • FireShot Screen Capture #015 - 'New tools_ - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy For.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #015 - 'New tools_ - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy For.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 21

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
blazinlow89 said:
The mods from TV watch this site like hawks, any time I post something and screen shot it immediately after, the thread is closed/deleted within 10 min.

Indeed. One of them is in this thread right now.

They are either running scared or strictly on damage control

They have to delete what they see from here. The admin might be a member here, too. If he went through this thread and saw some of these posts, and then saw that those posts were still up on the other site, the nooberators would be in the hot seat. They could lose their position as an unpaid volunteer who works for a company who bought the site counting on the community to do the real work, for a profit.

I got banned, well only if I try to reply, I can still login and go to user cp, not sure about PM.

I got an error message when I tried to look at your profile. :frown:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
What a waste of time it was for me to make that thread on the old site. Never got one response. WTF?????

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07ChevyTruck said:
What a waste of time it was for me to make that thread on the old site. Never got one response. WTF?????

Just goes to show you where the true enthusiasts are at :yes:

Annd.. I'll be discrete as we have trolls... but people are still coming over here... shhhhhh... can't say how :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, I'm surprised he didn't make the switch... let's see how long it lasts with unanswered questions...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Boricua SS said:
...I'm surprised he didn't make the switch..
You have to wonder who would stay behind and continue to post.

• Low post count members who didn't visit during the Great Exodus, know nothing, and don't think anything of the missing few hundred other regulars. Numbnuts, in other words.
  • Noobs who don't know what it used to be like. The Blissfully Unaware.
  • Folks who think they can be new Kings of Trailvoy now all of us post whores are gone. Mod Wannabes.
  • Apolitical people who think Change is Scary so they stay behind, hoping nothing will be different. Delusional.
  • Scowling folks who never liked "us" happy social joiners and just wanted our annoying asses to leave "their" perfect site. Folks Not Like Us.
  • Members who hardly ever posted, but still expect free answers from human shop manual volunteers. Parasites.
  • Shallow thinkers who don't see the difference between the for-profit sites and enthusiast-owned and -operated sites. Clueless.
  • Or they see the difference and prefer the VS business model. Evil.

. let's see how long it lasts with unanswered questions...
To Vertical Scope, unanswered questions are still valuable. As raw post count. And the members who sign up to post their ONE unanswered question are still valuable. As raw membership numbers. To try to sell to advertisers as evidence of a valuable and thriving community.

Love Canal, New York certainly LOOKS like a thriving community, eh? If you didn't know the history of it as the poster child for the EPA's Superfund toxic waste clean-up mission. :wink:

View attachment 18927

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 10

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
I'm curious if the OS is throttling download speeds of revolutionary members known to have jumped ship. I ask since my recent log on attempts have timed out; but as a guest user, the site loads fine.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Dear God, how low can they go?

I knew this kind of thing existed and the concept has for a long time on other boards. I've just never run a board so never had to worry about it.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
There are worse things out there....but it's best not to mention them on the public side, if you know what I mean.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
kardain said:
That sounds a bit like this forum plugin:

Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

That's exactly what it is, and it was installed on TrailVoy while we were still there. Once the new mods figured out how to use it, they went overboard with it. It is meant to make the user get tired and leave the site. The work around is so easy that people often overlook it.

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mark20 said:
Dear God, how low can they go?
They certainly have a lot of dirty tricks to try to suppress the truth.

Certainly are a LOT of zero reply intro threads. Well, actually only 37 intro threads updated in the last WEEK. Average of five a day? Not so many after all. And many misplaced technical questions in the intro forum. Poor noobs.

View attachment 18936

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 38

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011

Attachments

• OS_unanswered.jpg
    OS_unanswered.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 54

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
petetard.jpg

Dear person from Trailvoy,

Hundreds if not thousands of folks will say that the procedure that I showed works. I know it works because I tried it in my own TB first. Since the video, I have used it in close to two dozen TB/EVs without a problem. Your copy paste advice is from 2007 and it should stay in 2007. Get with the times, sucka.

When I do have to disconnect the batt, for instance if the batt is being replaced, I use a memory saver like the one shown in this pic. I don't want to cut power to the hvac controller unless it is absolutely necessary.

0802000841a.jpg

I hope you've learned something today. I've learned that I can still count on the OS for a good laugh!:cool:

Sincerely,

The person in the video

Feb 24, 2012
I was on occasional lurker over there, never ended up buying the Rainier I thought I would. Occasional enough visits that I knew something had gone awry and people were disgruntled but not what exactly.

I couldn't find any reference to the new site, but googled "MAY03LT", found his youtube page mentioning this site and here I am!

Glad to see you guys have a full size section, since I did end up picking up a YukonXL2500 8.1 to meet my towing needs... Will create a post in the intro section, glad you guys have a happy home.

-Derek

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
the roadie said:
Petevw? Big frog wannabe in a small scummy pond. :no:

He's on that line between mod wannabe and folks not like us.

deekster_caddy said:
I couldn't find any reference to the new site, but googled "MAY03LT", found his youtube page mentioning this site and here I am!

BOSS! Welcome aboard man!:wootwoot:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
As you can see, TV has already chewed up the first two moderators that attempted to revive what we already knew couldn't be saved. You hardly see either of them anymore, which is lucky for us... :lipsrsealed:

If this new character thinks he can do it better, I'm looking forward to the show :popcorn:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
It's obvious that around late 2010, I stopped doing many of the duties I normally kept up with over there, a good example is that the last SS to be entered into the registry was APPROVED in October 2010. I bet there are tons of entries in there that never got to see the light of day.

View attachment 19086

Attachments

• 2-24-2012 10-31-57 PM.jpg
    2-24-2012 10-31-57 PM.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 24

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
a good example is that the last SS to be entered into the registry was APPROVED in October 2010. I bet there are tons of entries in there that never got to see the light of day.
I'm glad I made it in when I did. :biggrin:

Oh...wait...I'm "no longer with them", so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. :rotfl:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
As you can see, TV has already chewed up the first two moderators that attempted to revive what we already knew couldn't be saved. You hardly see either of them anymore, which is lucky for us... :lipsrsealed:

If this new character thinks he can do it better, I'm looking forward to the show :popcorn:

Looks like they've been checking in; just not posting. :confused:
A couple regulars have become the support-de-jour, but it has the flavor of a Wal-Mart greeter. Idle problems - aisle 4. Tire sizes - thread #4. Transmission fluid questions - thread #12. :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to go back and poke around, came across this thread, Trailblazer EXT tailgate replacement When I saw the first post from 2012, I was like "What are you talking about, my response is right there?" :confused: Then I remembered I'm on global ignore... :hopeless: :duh:

Man things are pretty damn quiet over there these days. :yawn:

qbenplaya00

Feb 25, 2012
sorry guys. i didnt know. i am new to the gm truck world and i joined "site whose name should not be mentioned" first. and then learned about all this thought a different forum all together. tbof. .... so glad to be here tho. sucks that i have a reg. username some where else. i hate signing up for 3 different forums to only use yours :crazy:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
qbenplaya00 said:
..."site whose name should not be mentioned"...

It's not like that over here, you can say "TrailVoy" all you want. Members can't help that they find that site first, it has been around since 2004... we just started up in December of 2011. TrailVoy WAS a good resource, but it became cluttered with counterproductive rules and advertisements and the parent company refused to support the staff and member's requests to improve the site.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Indeed. Think of us as an open and democratic society with Freedom of Speech. The OS is like North Korea or the USSR before the fall. The thought police are listening in, reading PMs, and banning noobs who dare ask where the regulars all ran off to.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
And, it's not like we're trying to hide that we all participated in the development of TrailVoy... we're just ashamed that we contributed to VS for so long before we finally realized we were only lining the pockets of VS as opposed to providing a helpful community resource.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
we're just ashamed that we contributed to VS for so long
Yeah, shame on you. :raspberry: :rotfl:

Oh wait, I was there doing that too. :lipsrsealed: :redface:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I thought this was weird. Under the staff page, the mods are the only ones that appear. I remember the admin used to show up as well as the other admin accounts. Now all that's left are mods. I also like the last active dates. :biggrin:

saywhatttttt.png

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:
Yeah, shame on you. :raspberry: :rotfl:

Oh wait, I was there doing that too. :lipsrsealed: :redface:

:rotfl:

i remember sending you the congratulatory PM for the promotion...:duh:, what was i thinking :crackup:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:rotfl:

i remember sending you the congratulatory PM for the promotion...:duh:, what was i thinking :crackup:
I remember that too. At the time, it was a great honor...and still is. Jimmy selected me to assist in running a great site and a great community. At the time, it really wasn't clear that VS was nothing more than the greedy company that it is. And now, I don't have any regrets. I don't think of my efforts as a support to VS as much as a support to the people who used that site. I really enjoyed my role as the Ohio rep as well as a staff member. It was also an honor to be invited to continue to support the members of this site as a community leader. As it has been said many times...I don't hate Trailvoy. Just the owners who turned it in to the billboard it is today. But, it's the people who matter. The people who have followed us to this new home. :grouphug:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:quiverlips:, such a heart warming post Sam :raspberry:

but definetly stating the truth... hell, i wouldnt of met half of the people i have without your guidence as the Ohio Rep and setting up the meets that we attended... :grouphug:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I remember that too. At the time, it was a great honor...and still is. Jimmy selected me to assist in running a great site and a great community. At the time, it really wasn't clear that VS was nothing more than the greedy company that it is. And now, I don't have any regrets. I don't think of my efforts as a support to VS as much as a support to the people who used that site. I really enjoyed my role as the Ohio rep as well as a staff member. It was also an honor to be invited to continue to support the members of this site as a community leader. As it has been said many times...I don't hate Trailvoy. Just the owners who turned it in to the billboard it is today. But, it's the people who matter. The people who have followed us to this new home. :grouphug:

This moment has been brought to you by....

Hallmark.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also thanks for cleaning up all my messes on TV, I promise I'll try and behave more...:biggrin:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I got the ever popular "you havent posted in a while...blah....blah...blah.blah.....blah:hahano:"

Im greated with this as well

View attachment 19168

I was looking at a write up for something (can't remember)

I have no Permissions LMAO, place is a joke.

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #019 - 'rear bumper removal - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC .png
    FireShot Screen Capture #019 - 'rear bumper removal - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC .png
    4.8 KB · Views: 235

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
"You haven't posted in a while... AND YOU NEVER WILL AGAIN!!!"

:hahano:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I had this sitting in my email this morning, what do you guy think, should I renew? :rotfl:

aefd5638-db41-c94f.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
draphus55

Members Online