so who still uses the old site?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
christo829 said:
so all I'm seeing is this side of things.
Not much to see on the OS. Anything of interest is being posted here in the form of a screen shot. Basically, you have a couple of noob-erators over there, trying to save a sinking ship with no assistance from the owners.

I don't understand why they haven't figured out why we jumped ship. :confused:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
christo829 said:
I haven't visited TV since Roadie PM-smacked me for responding to someone on a thread
I had been subscribed to,
Oh, man. I didn't want anybody to quit LOOKING over there. Just not support them by adding to the post count. Yes, it's hard to ignore the plaintive cries of desperate noobs, but the noobs have to figure out where the community went to, since VS can't bear to lose members that need help. They'd rather capture and hold their eyeballs exclusive hostage. More than anything else, that proves how little VS values the individual members who need assistance.

BO TIE SS said:
I don't understand why they haven't figured out why we jumped ship. :confused:
They know perfectly well why we jumped ship. They are simply motivated by different things. One is a disaffected youngster who (playing amateur psychologist) doesn't think very deeply about larger issues like economics or politics. The other is a more experienced member who saw a chance to become king of the hill as a mod and play Roadie-wannabe and collect a flock of adoring noobs. :rotfl:

You gotta ask how thin the barrel is, if this pair is the best VS could find. There aren't six people over there qualified to accurately answer questions without extensive searching, and how many of them are mature enough to be mods and guard the culture? Oh, right. There is no more trailvoy culture. It moved with us over here. :crazy: What's left is the Trailvoy Gulag. :mad: An armed camp with barbed wire installed in the direction to keep the inmates IN the asylum. Odd culture that needs to protect its own existence by keeping the members in the dark about what just happened.

It's laughable that they just deny that many of us were "banned" because that might make the inmates suspicious. They just don't want to confront the truth, members who ask anything, or that they are guarding a horseless barn.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I haven't beenback since I joined here. I am in the process of taking screenshots of all the articles and then my ass is heading for a life boat.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
blazinlow89 said:
I haven't beenback since I joined here. I am in the process of taking screenshots of all the articles and then my ass is heading for a life boat.

Don't worry, some of the more popular articles no longer reside on TrailVoy (at the author's requests), but you can still find them here.

Slowly, but surely, GMTN members will use articles on TraiVoy to create new articles to be posted here. Articles that are formatted better, and updated as needed.

As soon as VS tries to update to vBulletin 4 :smile:rotfl:smile:, that article system is toast. The author abandoned it years ago. But Drew knows this, he is 21 and he knows about computers. Actually, the burden doesn't fall on him, but instead falls on VS... Stew! Stew is overly-involved in the TrailVoy community and he is going to ensure that TrailVoy gets updated the 20-something versions it is behind. Either way, they are up the creek.

GMTN members are more than welcome, and encouraged to use TrailVoy articles to execute a project on their vehicle, but take your own pictures and put the steps into your own words. At that point, you can submit it here if you would like.

Those guys don't even know how to use the articles system. It was a LOT more difficult than the system I use here now, which is why I used to hate doing articles over there. You can pretty much tell when I got tired and walked away from the site, the article submissions piled up, but the articles hit a wall and nothing new was published.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I love the "No longer with us" user titles we are all wearing over there. That just proves that we are a whole lot more valuable than they think we are. People want to know why the most familiar names in the community are banned. Because they banned so many people, they were getting bombarded with questions... some from shills, some from actual members that haven't yet found us.

The good part is that we are on our way to the top end of Google results. Searching some of the more unique usernames over there will show our profile pages over here within the first few search results. Unfortunately, "the roadie" is not such a unique "phrase" but an extra keyword or two, and his profile page pops up. Too bad VS can't control those methods... huh?

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Was just looking over there and could not believe the adds that are being plastered to the point of putting them in with the discussion topics. It is sad there .:yes::yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Something that came to mind - if they feel that Trailvoy is still the best site for the GMT360 platform, then why do they see the need to squelch any reference to here? After all, if it is the best they should have no problem retaining their members, right? :biggrin:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
The good part is that we are on our way to the top end of Google results.
You're right!
I googled myself. The first 3 hits lead to this site. Number 4 is LibertyPSE.com and number 5 is TV.

(as little as I've posted on Liberty...and it still came in above TV)

View attachment 18407

Attachments

• botiessgoogle.JPG
    botiessgoogle.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 13

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
BO TIE SS said:
I googled myself. The first 3 hits lead to this site. Number 4 is LibertyPSE.com and number 5 is TV.

I googled you too, and found 2 libertypse results (where you're a newbie) and 2 results from here, 1 result from 355Nation, then a result from TV.

I googled me, but got photography, tailored suits, and Edward Jones.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Notice I did NOT post about the 3" body lift for sale over there!!!!
If they are not here or ORTB they do NOT get one!!!:raspberry:

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I still visit every day for the comic relief.

I think it is fun to see how long before the noobs stumble upon the REAL solution to problems. One poor lady has a plugged cat converter and she has no clue ... and no one there is smart enough to tell her. One guy had his truck die on the freeway after losing oil pressure and a traction light that came on. Lord, I want to scream "ignition switch, you morons!!" but of course I won't.

Sadly, as these vehicles age, there will be more and more plugged cats and no one to tell them what to do or where to go for a free diagnosis. (I bought my own exhaust backpressure gauge kit in anticipation of helping some folks around Manitoba ... plus now having two Trailblazers in the family of course.)

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I'm famous...

GMT-2.png

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sparky said:
Something that came to mind - if they feel that Trailvoy is still the best site for the GMT360 platform, then why do they see the need to squelch any reference to here? After all, if it is the best they should have no problem retaining their members, right? :biggrin:
The two noob-mods are answering only about 10% of the noob questions. And they have almost no help. If they cared about the needy members, they'd have to spend 2-3 hours a day trying to keep up, but that seems to be too much of an investment for them. I used to REGULARLY spend 2-3 hours a day monitoring things and answering questions and researching schematics and the like. Add up all the volunteer hours among the mod and admin team and you can see what a resource VS lost access to. And they think two noob-mods can keep up? Feh.

Who do you think they should promote to be the third noob-mod? :confused: Could there be a fourth? :no: Nah.

Fire06 said:
Was just looking over there and could not believe the adds that are being plastered to the point of putting them in with the discussion topics. It is sad there .:yes::yes:
Visit as an unregistered member, and it's even more ludicrous. Google ad space at the top and bottom. And in short horizontal lines you might be suckered into clicking for the advertisers too cheap to pay for a large placement. And ads IN THE THREADS as you mentioned, disguised as honest posts. And ads at the BOTTOM of linked pictures from photobucket and the like. Inconceivable. :no:

View attachment 18419

View attachment 18420

View attachment 18421

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 14

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
So, while they are over there working their asses off to prevent people from finding out about us, it is a losing battle for them. While the information there goes stale and/or unfound, we'll rise in popularity and familiarity.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Roadie, you forgot to highlight the "Google Search" field in the left column, they get paid each time someone mistakes that for the site's search engine.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Got in a sparring match with TrailblazrI6 the other night over a pm that got sent to me and I responded to( From an innocent victim). I basically told him that his lack of understanding of these great vehicles was fucking up the site. He responded back to me by asking if my mother knew how I was talking to everyone. I responded back to him asking if his mother knew how much stupidity she released to the world when he was born. Today, I was notified of this.........

View attachment 18422

Attachments

• DSC01744.jpg
    DSC01744.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 24

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jman423 said:
Roadie, you forgot to highlight the "Google Search" field in the left column, they get paid each time someone mistakes that for the site's search engine.
I didn't know that! They managed to monetize even what looks like an honest search button?

rcam81 said:
Got in a sparring match with TrailblazrI6....
You got into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. :dunce: Specifically.... unarmed with wits - he still owns a ban hammer. Funny thing about that - when the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
rcam81 said:
Got in a sparring match with TrailblazrI6 the other night over a pm that got sent to me and I responded to( From an innocent victim). I basically told him that his lack of understanding of these great vehicles was fucking up the site. He responded back to me by asking if my mother knew how I was talking to everyone. I responded back to him asking if his mother new how much stupidity she released to the world when he was born. Today, I was notified of this.........

Dude... He's from Kentucky... No

NBL, Wink!

Speaking of which, in a conversation with some reps of ours from Kentucky, the other day, I found out that Kentucky is the only place in the world in which the "chrome" rattle can spray paint is NOT called "Kentucky Chrome"... Whoops...

Mike

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
rcam81 said:
Got in a sparring match with TrailblazrI6 the other night over a pm that got sent to me and I responded to( From an innocent victim). I basically told him that his lack of understanding of these great vehicles was fucking up the site. He responded back to me by asking if my mother knew how I was talking to everyone. I responded back to him asking if his mother knew how much stupidity she released to the world when he was born. Today, I was notified of this.........

View attachment 3468

Welcome to the club!! We meet here every... day!!

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Jman423 said:
Welcome to the club!! We meet here every... day!!

Hi... My name is Reid and I have been BANNED. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Bartonmd said:
Dude... He's from Kentucky... No

NBL, Wink!

Speaking of which, in a conversation with some reps of ours from Kentucky, the other day, I found out that Kentucky is the only place in the world in which the "chrome" rattle can spray paint is NOT called "Kentucky Chrome"... Whoops...

Mike

And all toothpaste is made in Kentucky, if it was made anywhere else it would be called teethpaste :rotfl:

To any members for Kentucky it's all in good fun. You can change the state to West Virginia and tell your friends.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
the roadie said:
Did they leave you as honestly "banned" or put you into the fakey-fake "He's away for a brief time" status? As if you were on a bathroom or snack break from watching TV but you might be right back?

Mine says... No longer with us. I like the word... BANNED better.

lint

Dec 4, 2011
I noticed in classified on trailvoy that some people that have by there name ''no longer with us'' still have pics up with things to sell. I suppose that getting in contact with some of them may be hard to do.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Chickenhawk said:
One poor lady has a plugged cat converter and she has no clue ... and no one there is smart enough to tell her.

Quite a coincidence that in between the time you posted this and now, a 2 post noob posted clogged cat symptoms and got a decent reply from nooberator 1. Wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened in recent days.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:

Clarified. :smile:

View attachment 18431

Oops. Wrong screen location. Same idea.

Attachments

• tv_head.JPG
    tv_head.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 10

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Jman423 said:

And they monetized the CAPCHA field. Changing to a Google search was the first thing they did after buying another site I follow.

I wonder how much they pay for a site.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Mark20 said:
Looks like it got deleted.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Surprise surprise, after it got posted here :rolleyes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I have an idea, someone with a good account or shill PM me.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Quite a coincidence that in between the time you posted this and now, a 2 post noob posted clogged cat symptoms and got a decent reply from nooberator 1. Wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened in recent days.
D'oh!

I noticed that!. I think it is obvious when that very advice suddenly just popped up on her thread on Trailvoy.

It's too bad she is going to ignore it though ... even though it is as obvious as night and day. It's probably a good thing that I didn't get into my usual spiel of how a backpressure test can usually be done for free at any good muffler shop.

Oh crap ... I think I did it again. The Roadie is going to be SO mad at me!!

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
MAY03LT said:

Are you implying that they are lurking here for us to point out examples of their pathetic help, and then posting over there the correct answers supplied here?

Surely they are above such pedantic tactics to cover up their lack of knowledge.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Dad-O-Matic said:
Are you implying that they are lurking here for us to point out examples of their pathetic help, and then posting over there the correct answers supplied here?

Surely they are above such pedantic tactics to cover up their lack of knowledge.

No way! they are far too busy to worry about us over here :rolleyes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Chickenhawk said:
Oh crap ... I think I did it again. The Roadie is going to be SO mad at me!!

No worries, we won't tell him!:rotfl:

Dad-O-Matic said:

I don't think they are here just for that, but that seems to be what is happening. I don't care, there are many other things that can break besides the ignition switch or converter.

I also suspect that in some cases, like in the alleged ignition switch fix pic I posted a few pages back, they are also the OP. It has been mentioned that they have shills over there as well to weed out those of us who are still contacting members.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online