Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Sparky said:
I lost my temper dealing with trying to mount new tires on the old snowblower. First one fought but got it on there and aired up. Second one I fought with for over an hour, finally getting it on the wheel, but I could not for the life of me get the tire to seat. Finally threw it in the corner (literally, I was mad by then) and figure I'll deal with it later. Probably take it some place to get it done I guess.

So stupid that the new tires are squished flat like pancakes and somehow you're supposed to expand the tire to fit the wheel.

/rant
At least it's still summer and not as cold as last winter, yet!

Here's to having to use that thing early! :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
He's been very busy this week bro :yawn:

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Here

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
At least it's still summer and not as cold as last winter, yet!

Here's to having to use that thing early! :rotfl:
If I had to do tire changes on it when the tires are even stiffer from the cold... :lipsrsealed: No. Just no.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I want to go to an Auto Tech school. Yeah I know i'm noobish compared to most of you guys here when it comes to that kinda stuff, but I like working with my hands and working on vehicles, so I wanna learn more and get into the automotive field.

In the Army we have something called ACAP. Army Career and Alumni Program. It's a week long deal with tons of stuff covering how to make a resume, submit a resume, look for jobs, schools, how to use your G.I. Bill, job interviewing classes, setting up different things for you VA benefits, VA benefits, VA loans, government jobs, budgeting, interview skills, tons of stuff man. I loved going through ACAP the first time when I was supposed to ETS. It's mandatory for soldiers do it a 180 days out from of their ETS date, that way they can have plenty of time to send resume's out and interview, etc. Did you guys have a similar program in the Marines? I can't even begin to explain it all really, there's a lot of stuff that they teach. I still have TONS of handouts and VA benefits stuff from ACAP. Hell the ACAP book with all its content is like 1 inch 1/2 thick lol.

https://www.acap.army.mil/about-acap.aspx
Yeah man. Our program was called SEPS/TAPS and it is mandatory as well. I sat through it as well but honestly it seemed like a check in the box for the military.

The program is good for providing information. I have had past experiences with interviewing and writing resumes so all of the classroom portion was not very beneficial to me personally.

We are actually talking about two different things here. Lucas group is more geared towards finding an employer that best fits you based on your military experience and past work experience. They do the leg work by finding employers who want to hire veterans That fits with what you are looking for. Without them, I never would have found this awesome career at Volvo.

You'll be surprised how many companies are looking for employees with prior military experience. They know the military instills leadership, initiative, and a work ethic.

Another good thing about Lucas Group is that you can start working with your executive recruiter prior to getting out of the military. I believe they told me you can start the process as early as 6 months prior to getting out of the military.

If you time it just right, your last day of military service, the following Monday could be the start of a new career.

Auto tech school is good too. Hopefully you can use your GI Bill. Just trying to give you some information to let you know what options are out there for you.

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Mounce said:
Scratch that, I think I'll be up a little while longer.
Ive only got a bit spent tonight sanding and repainting again just need to let them sit for a bit then put them inside and go to bed

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Mounce said:
Scratch that, I think I'll be up a little while longer.
Ive only got a bit spent tonight sanding and repainting again just need to let them sit for a bit then put them inside and go to bed

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Holy shit man it keeps messing up im lowering my standards and just doing the other bowl and putting it together im gonna go crazy just now ive got wrinkles in the paint I swear its this damn complex I wish I had a booth to paint

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Strange. Whats causing the wrinkles? Humidity?
I honestly dont think that anymore cause its not as humid here as it used to be when I first started painting

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Morning fire

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Fighting to keep awake on this second shift

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mourning

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Morning kyle