HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Blah

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
:yawn:

Too early to be at work.
Haha I know the feeling. I've done everything possible to stay on awake on first shift hours even when working 2nd shift, like this week. Hopefully it's OT for you.

This one's for all the early risers. Thought of Captain immediately :raspberry:

Attachments

• 10639712_748717971850647_1150662076863014514_n.jpeg
    10639712_748717971850647_1150662076863014514_n.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 12

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I would have walked right back out the door. Unless a big shot was in. Then I'd hang around for a bit if it benefits #1.

Reactions: dmanns67

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I ate lunch at 10:30. Because I could. :rotfl:

Too bad there was no one to call people off training. Sh!t happens. First to go but last to know :wink:

:postcount:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Good point. I can't say much because my director was the one that was going to lead the training on VPS tools.

Luckily another 2nd shift supervisor lives 2 miles from the plant. Going to hang at his house for a couple hours.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
whores

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Yeah man. Our program was called SEPS/TAPS and it is mandatory as well. I sat through it as well but honestly it seemed like a check in the box for the military.

The program is good for providing information. I have had past experiences with interviewing and writing resumes so all of the classroom portion was not very beneficial to me personally.

We are actually talking about two different things here. Lucas group is more geared towards finding an employer that best fits you based on your military experience and past work experience. They do the leg work by finding employers who want to hire veterans That fits with what you are looking for. Without them, I never would have found this awesome career at Volvo.

You'll be surprised how many companies are looking for employees with prior military experience. They know the military instills leadership, initiative, and a work ethic.

Another good thing about Lucas Group is that you can start working with your executive recruiter prior to getting out of the military. I believe they told me you can start the process as early as 6 months prior to getting out of the military.

If you time it just right, your last day of military service, the following Monday could be the start of a new career.

Auto tech school is good too. Hopefully you can use your GI Bill. Just trying to give you some information to let you know what options are out there for you.
I'm really gonna look into Lucas Group when i'm close to getting out man. Sounds like they're really good and they helped you land that sweet job of yours :thumbsup: I'll be sure to ask you more questions about them and other things a year from now when it's time to start ACAP and job hunting again. :biggrin: :cool:

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I'm really gonna look into Lucas Group when i'm close to getting out man. Sounds like they're really good and they helped you land that sweet job of yours :thumbsup: I'll be sure to ask you more questions about them and other things a year from now when it's time to start ACAP and job hunting again. :biggrin: :cool:
Good deal man.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yep

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Can't catch a break this week, so f*****g on edge man

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
:whore: :postcount:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Whats going on?
Same shit different day, nothing new

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Woot free money ftw

Reactions: CaptainKD

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Did you got pick your money tree :rtofl:
In a way yes lol

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm about to start breaking shit

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whore

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
I need a friggin day off.

I've been working for nearly 3 weeks straight through 2 different sicknesses and 1 day off, most days are 12+ hour days...

And not even necessary.. Like right now my cook is doing dinner for the 40 person party by himself, I am not needed, but have to stay... Just in case TSHTF...

I hate the busy season.

Funny, too, coz as an hourly associate I hated the slow season - No Hours..... My how the tables have turned...

Totally not sure if this is the right place to post this but you guys seem pretty ready willing and able to respond quickly and i wanted to bitch and i am f*cking bored.

That is all.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Just whoring. Sorry been absent. No fun trying to whore from the computer (one handed) and not getting as much sleep as needed so trying to stay away from phone at night.

23rd is back to doctor so we'll see re: stitches, pins, and casts.

Reactions: Mounce

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mcsteven said:
Just whoring. Sorry been absent. No fun trying to whore from the computer (one handed) and not getting as much sleep as needed so trying to stay away from phone at night.

23rd is back to doctor so we'll see re: stitches, pins, and casts.
How is your one handed whoring any different then Porkins from the toolshed? :rotfl:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
He can use 2 hands if needed. Dang, it's hard just to pull up my shorts and pants.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
I need a friggin day off.

I've been working for nearly 3 weeks straight through 2 different sicknesses and 1 day off, most days are 12+ hour days...

And not even necessary.. Like right now my cook is doing dinner for the 40 person party by himself, I am not needed, but have to stay... Just in case TSHTF...

I hate the busy season.

Funny, too, coz as an hourly associate I hated the slow season - No Hours..... My how the tables have turned...

Totally not sure if this is the right place to post this but you guys seem pretty ready willing and able to respond quickly and i wanted to bitch and i am f*cking bored.

That is all.
Let it out brother, we are here to listen :yes:

On the bright side, the paychecks will be nice.

Reactions: RayGumm

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Changed oil & oil filter, put me in a better mood despite still having no room with jack stands underneath. My bottle jack doesn't raise my truck up enough to even get the jack stands up 2 notches :rotfl: Cleaned underneath the area a little bit with some Purple power I had left, OCD......

IMG_20140918_193851.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Playsinsnow said:
Don't mind if I do :biggrin:
What's the story behind this pic :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads