Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Damn you were full of lies

like the Army

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've been in since Mar 2010, re-enlisted months ago for 2yrs. Still got like a 1 1/2 or so left......hating it more and more. Only re-enlisted because I wasn't financially ready to get out at the time and the wife still wanted to go to school and work. So much for all that........ now i'm stuck.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
smt 59 said:
What's up whores, now I want a name above mine. Ouch I just hurt myself jumping on the band wagon, no really I want one.
Careful what you wish for...

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Capote said:
I've been in since Mar 2010, re-enlisted months ago for 2yrs. Still got like a 1 1/2 or so left......hating it more and more. Only re-enlisted because I wasn't financially ready to get out at the time and the wife still wanted to go to school and work. So much for all that........ now i'm stuck.
Crazy. If you had to do it all over again, would still sign up the first time?

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
CaptainKD said:
Crazy. If you had to do it all over again, would still sign up the first time?
Yes, but not get married, instead I would of gone on that deployment with the rest of my Battery and wait to get married when I got back. We would of been more financially ready to have a family and I think our relationship would of benefited from me going overseas. Only thing good that came out of not deploying with my buddies was the fact that we were blessed with our twins Oscar & Ruby.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
We've been together since about high school. We were apart for a year after I graduated and went off to Basic and AIT, but got back together right before I got to Ft.Stewart. So we've been with each other for almost 6/7yrs.

Reactions: CaptainKD

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Whore poop

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Woooo gotta love my temper lol. In less than 5 minutes I've went from happy mood to pissed mood. Nbd though whores.

Whore on you sluts.
You need to go out and whomp your TB to blow off some steam.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whore life yo

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:yes:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Capote said:
You need to go out and whomp your TB to blow off some steam.
Might be going out in the Mustang in a minute. I take it kinda easy on the TB anymore...I'm scared it'll self destruct in some way lol. I've read so many horror stories, I don't want to be an author of another one.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Might be going out in the Mustang in a minute. I take it kinda easy on the TB anymore...I'm scared it'll self destruct in some way lol. I've read so many horror stories, I don't want to be an author of another one.
I'm always afraid of getting too hard on my TB too, I just like to hear the exhaust though sometimes or grab attention... lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I need to say bye bye to my Cat, vroom vroom will be louder :tongue:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I hear you man. I signed an 8 year contract. 4.5 years minimum active duty and the rest in the reserves. I will be "offically" out December 31st, 2016.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I hear you man. I signed an 8 year contract. 4.5 years minimum activity duty and the rest in the reserves. I will be "offically" out December 31st, 2016.
Mar 2016 is when i'll be done with this contract. Idk if i'll do gaurd, if I do i'm only obligated 2yrs I suppose because i'll have 6yrs active duty when all is said and done.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Capote said:
I'm always afraid of getting too hard on my TB too, I just like to hear the exhaust though sometimes or grab attention... lol
Yeah lol. The little I6's will scream fo sho, they don't mind a WOT pull at all. Scariest part to me is waiting for it to shift outta first when the RPMs get high.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Yeah lol. The little I6's will scream fo sho, they don't mind a WOT pull at all. Scariest part to me is waiting for it to shift outta first when the RPMs get high.
Yeah same here, mine lags for like 2 seconds before it gets to Giddyuppin from a dead stop, a tune will take care of that :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mounce

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mounce said:
It amuses me when the vvt kicks in on mine with my current exhaust...one moment its got a nice rumble to it then the next second it sounds like hell breaking loose

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Mar 2016 is when i'll be done with this contract. Idk if i'll do gaurd, if I do i'm only obligated 2yrs I suppose because i'll have 6yrs active duty when all is said and done.
So whats your plans after your contract ends? Any specific field you are looking to go in to?

I highly recommend going with an executive recruiter. They specialize in placing military personnel, officer and enlisted, into corporate positions. I went with this company, http://www.lucasgroup.com/.

Basically you will get assigned an executive recruiter who you will submit your resume to and let him know what your interests are. Then they host a 2 day hiring conference in a regional location over the weekend. I went to one in Atlanta, Ga and Washingtion DC. The first day is an overview of what companies are at the hiring conference. Discriptions of what positions they are looking for, salary, requirements, etc.

The second day is the actual interview process. Your executive recruiter will set you up to interview with companies based on your resume and what the employers are looking for. You can have anywhere from 5-8 interviews in one day. Each interview is 45 minutes a piece and you will usually have 10-15 between interviews.

Lucas Group sets up the hiring conference in a hotel for the weekend. Each employer has their own hotel room that you will go to for your interview. You will have a list of the interviews, times, and room number at the start of the day.

At the end of the conference you will have a list of all of the employers you interviewed with. You will rate each employer and put them into a list from your number one choice to your last choice. The employers will do the same thing with everyone that they interviewed with.

Both sheets will go back to the executive recruiter who will review them and see if they company that you choose is a match based on what they thought of you. Lucas Group will contact you that following Monday with the results and let you know which companies want to move forward with the hiring process. It is your choice to continue or not.

Great part about Lucas Group is that everyone in the company is prior military whether officer or enlisted. The other great part about Lucas Group is that it is completely FREE for you. The company that hires you will pay the fee for their services and that fee is based on the salary you will be making.

I went through Lucas Group and that is how I found this awesome job at Volvo Powertrain USA. I tried Bradely-Morris executive recruiter service, but they did not impress me near as much as Lucas Group.

I know you still have a couple years left, but trust me it goes by fast. Before I knew it my 4.5 years was done. Just something to think about. I definitely wish someone took the time to talk to me after I left active duty about different options to take for seeking employment. I had to figure it out on my own.

Let me know if you ever have any specific quesitons.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I want to go to an Auto Tech school. Yeah I know i'm noobish compared to most of you guys here when it comes to that kinda stuff, but I like working with my hands and working on vehicles, so I wanna learn more and get into the automotive field.

In the Army we have something called ACAP. Army Career and Alumni Program. It's a week long deal with tons of stuff covering how to make a resume, submit a resume, look for jobs, schools, how to use your G.I. Bill, job interviewing classes, setting up different things for you VA benefits, VA benefits, VA loans, government jobs, budgeting, interview skills, tons of stuff man. I loved going through ACAP the first time when I was supposed to ETS. It's mandatory for soldiers do it a 180 days out from of their ETS date, that way they can have plenty of time to send resume's out and interview, etc. Did you guys have a similar program in the Marines? I can't even begin to explain it all really, there's a lot of stuff that they teach. I still have TONS of handouts and VA benefits stuff from ACAP. Hell the ACAP book with all its content is like 1 inch 1/2 thick lol.

https://www.acap.army.mil/about-acap.aspx

Reactions: dmanns67

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I lost my temper dealing with trying to mount new tires on the old snowblower. First one fought but got it on there and aired up. Second one I fought with for over an hour, finally getting it on the wheel, but I could not for the life of me get the tire to seat. Finally threw it in the corner (literally, I was mad by then) and figure I'll deal with it later. Probably take it some place to get it done I guess.

So stupid that the new tires are squished flat like pancakes and somehow you're supposed to expand the tire to fit the wheel.

/rant

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Sparky said:
I lost my temper dealing with trying to mount new tires on the old snowblower. First one fought but got it on there and aired up. Second one I fought with for over an hour, finally getting it on the wheel, but I could not for the life of me get the tire to seat. Finally threw it in the corner (literally, I was mad by then) and figure I'll deal with it later. Probably take it some place to get it done I guess.

So stupid that the new tires are squished flat like pancakes and somehow you're supposed to expand the tire to fit the wheel.

/rant
Well if they made it easy no one would give in and take it to a tire shop. :no:
I've also had some fights with small tires, lawn mower tires to be exact. I'm assuming you know the gasoline trick? Lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At that point if I tried burning something to make it pop into place I'd probably just burn my new tire.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
:undecided:

Read above my friend :thumbsup:
I did, sorry I didn't notice your post until after I posted "poop". Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you. I edited my post. I do believe I've heard of Lucasgroup in one of the ACAP classes. We went over a lot of options when it came to finding employment out in the civilian world and different job searching websites / companies. I am looking forward to when I get to do ACAP again. It'll be a nice refresher, and it's good I still have all that learning material still.

"I want to go to an Auto Tech school. Yeah I know i'm noobish compared to most of you guys here when it comes to that kinda stuff, but I like working with my hands and working on vehicles, so I wanna learn more and get into the automotive field.

In the Army we have something called ACAP. Army Career and Alumni Program. It's a week long deal with tons of stuff covering how to make a resume, submit a resume, look for jobs, schools, how to use your G.I. Bill, job interviewing classes, setting up different things for you VA benefits, VA benefits, VA loans, government jobs, budgeting, interview skills, tons of stuff man. I loved going through ACAP the first time when I was supposed to ETS. It's mandatory for soldiers do it a 180 days out from of their ETS date, that way they can have plenty of time to send resume's out and interview, etc. Did you guys have a similar program in the Marines? I can't even begin to explain it all really, there's a lot of stuff that they teach. I still have TONS of handouts and VA benefits stuff from ACAP. Hell the ACAP book with all its content is like 1 inch 1/2 thick lol."

https://www.acap.army.mil/about-acap.aspx

Reactions: dmanns67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuck051

Members Online