Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's weird. My Firestones have a warranty on them :blinkhuh:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
The trailblazer will be running a set of used Yokohamas when it's back on the road, the Blazer currently runs on Goodyear ultra grips. And I have a set of 31" Goodyear Wrangler MTRs waiting to be installed in summer.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
TBLS said:
I was gunna do Bridgestone from Firestone but they told me that the light truck/SUV tires didn't have any warranty on them at all. Schwabs has what I want with lifetime warranty, free tire replacement, free flat repair, free rotation and the mounting and balancing fee is included in the price of the tire. Most of schwabs tires warranty has 50K mile warranty but with free replacement and repair hell I think it's worth it. But that's just my opinion. I refuse to get tires from Firestone even though they are about $300-$500 cheaper. Warranty is everything and I don't mind paying more for it.
The Bridgestones I'm getting have mileage warranty, replacement and repair. I don't know who is doing the final warranty on them - Costco or OEM, and I don't really care. I trust Costco to take care of it. If I was in snow country or going off road, I might look at Coopers. But for my needs (and trying to get better MPGs), these I think are a good value.

Mounce said:
Is this the "what tire do you use?" thread now? :raspberry:
Yes. Didn't you get the memo?

Reactions: Mounce

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
I agree :yes:

Every set of Goodyear or Michelin tires I have had started dry cracking about half way through the tread life. That is ridiculous. And don't but kumho or Toyo they are complete crap wearing out quickly and very easy to damage.

Whores
It's got Bridgestones on it now with a 2008 date code. So they've been on there for 5+ years.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I agree :yes:

Every set of Goodyear or Michelin tires I have had started dry cracking about half way through the tread life. That is ridiculous. And don't but kumho or Toyo they are complete crap wearing out quickly and very easy to damage.

Whores
I am not a fan of Michelin tires at all. The Dunlop tires, made by Goodyear, on the wife's F150 are starting to try rot with horrible tread wear. They are only two years old. I assume it was because it was their cheaper tire at $110 per.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Whores.

Hooked the radio up in the stang, needs some tweaking..factory radio sounded better. Slight glitch with it though, left front speaker was MIA. Gonna trace my wires tonight and see if I can find the issue then try it again tomorrow.

-can turn it up all the way and it still sounds good though, factory radio would start cutting bass then get staticky above half way.

smt 59

I have allways treated the tires with Armourall or McGuires and never had the tires crack or dry rot, first set of Michelins lasted 7 years with no issues so I replaced with the same. :yes:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mounce said:
It's not nice to talk about yourself that way. :tongue:
Who knows he could have been talking about your mom :rotfl: jk

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
smt 59 said:
I have allways treated the tires with Armourall or McGuires and never had the tires crack or dry rot, first set of Michelins lasted 7 years with no issues so I replaced with the same. :yes:
Armor all does not go in between the tread blocks bro. The dry rot i am talking about is in the tread blocks not the sidewall.....

Mounce said:
Chris is a HUGE whore. :poke: :rotfl:
:iagree:

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:mad:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yaahhhhhhhh

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
you whores are getting boring damn. who has all data? I have it on my pc, but I am thinking about buying a laptop to keep in my garage. I also have several really good code reader and live data programs I would like to put on there too

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
mcsteven said:
Yeah, I checked a bunch of places. These are
Bridgestone-Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia (eco)

They get $15 for the mount, balance, lifetime rotation, lifetime balance, and nitrogen fill. That was in the $650 price.

I wanted to get 265/60-17, but nobody has them for a decent price. I'll check at Costco when I go if they have them as a local item, but their website only showed they carry that width and aspect ratio as an 18". If I can get a very close price for a 265/60-17 (maybe as a local item) I'll take it. The only place that showed up in multiple searches was for a Nexen tire, no mileage warranty, sold by Wally-world. I try not to do any business with them unless I absolutely must.
4 Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Eco tires with all the extras and 1 chicken bake at the food court. $659.83 and less than an hour wait and I was out the door.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
After fighting with the stang for a couple hours today because it's refusing to play the speakers on the left, I've decided to bite the bullet and run new wires to the speakers and power them from the new deck instead of factory amp. Not looking forward to it lol.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
SnowBlazer said:
So what's everyone asking for Christmas?
My friends will all be traveling, and I have no family in the area, so I'm pretty sure I'll be headed to the VA hospital in San Francisco to spend some time with some others who might be far from home.

So I'm asking for strength to show them a good face instead of sobbing when I know of all that they have given. I figure I'll take my laptop. I'll be contacting the hospital to see what I can do, but I'm hoping my laptop might connect and we can set up some Skype sessions for a few of the armed services members. I can also use it to type out letters, etc if they want to send email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmek

Members Online