Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sparky said:
He sounds like such a victim in his post...

If he disappears and cuts off communication with people for several months what does he expect to happen?
No kidding, I have found at least 3 others he has yet to respond to and resolve issues with....2 on the 67-72 Chevy truck forum and one on Facebook

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Darkrider_LS said:
So....for those of you following the thread on gmt400 about the vendor...you may want to check in on it.
I can almost understand where he's coming from...until I remember that it's been OVER A YEAR that you've been waiting on him. And there is no excuse for him avoiding you, seems like he just didn't wanna do the work. Looks like your mission worked and got him to answer up. :tiphat: Now what happens next will tell the tale about his "second to none customer service," which already has a bad track record after taking over a year. I would demand in no more than three days for the items to be shipped and/or money refunded. Wouldn't surprise me if he drug this out another month.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Coworkers are trying to hook me up with someone, that they barely even know too lol. This could be interesting...

Note that I'm a socially awkward guy so I have no idea how this may even turn out. I'm bad at meeting someone new without some sort of known common ground outside of a group setting.

:crazy:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Porkins said:
From what I read, hope it finally works out for you Chris.
Same here, it's been a long trek getting here as you seen but it seems there's a light at the end of this tunnel just hoping it ain't the train! :raspberry:
Mounce said:
I can almost understand where he's coming from...until I remember that it's been OVER A YEAR that you've been waiting on him. And there is no excuse for him avoiding you, seems like he just didn't wanna do the work. Looks like your mission worked and got him to answer up. :tiphat: Now what happens next will tell the tale about his "second to none customer service," which already has a bad track record after taking over a year. I would demand in no more than three days for the items to be shipped and/or money refunded. Wouldn't surprise me if he drug this out another month.
It def seems like mission accomplished even with the bonus objective of online reputation annihilation achieved...guess we will see
BlazingTrails said:
I'm betting he will send the parts, probably doesn't have any money or he wouldn't have been avoiding people....
Wait and see mode now....there are at least 3 others waiting for resolution

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I'm betting he will send the parts, probably doesn't have any money or he wouldn't have been avoiding people....
That would be the best case scenario. I personally could never take someone's money for goods/services I am supposed to provide and be OK with that. If something came up in my life and I could not do the work, I would have refunded the money. If if the completion timeline has to be shifted to the right, I would communicate weekly at minimum with updates.

Sparky said:
Coworkers are trying to hook me up with someone, that they barely even know too lol. This could be interesting...

Note that I'm a socially awkward guy so I have no idea how this may even turn out. I'm bad at meeting someone new without some sort of known common ground outside of a group setting.

:crazy:
Have you met Porkins :raspberry:

I have personally enjoyed blind dates as long as they are not boring and have a personality. Its almost like a rush when you can meet a complete stranger, hit it off, and walk away with a phone number or a future date (Oh how I miss college).

The conversation is easier to me because I know nothing about this person and have a hundred questions for them. As long as you can keep the conversation flowing and avoid the awkward silence, you should be ok.

One thing I have learned is that women love to talk about themselves, they like compliments, and chivalry (Open the car door/restaurant door for them, pull out their chair, etc.)

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The EXT is looking stunning after I washed it the other day. Sad to say but...I can't remember the last time that it got washed and I've never hand washed it until this time, always used the drive thru wash.

Gonna have to get a pic or two of it for you fellas. :yes:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
The EXT is looking stunning after I washed it the other day. Sad to say but...I can't remember the last time that it got washed and I've never hand washed it until this time, always used the drive thru wash.

Gonna have to get a pic or two of it for you fellas. :yes:
HJs for the TB is the only way to go. I only use the touchless washes weekly in the winter to wash the massive amount of salt off. Since I park in the garage I do not have to worry about the doors freezing shut :yes:

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
so interestingly enough the OP from nonsense thread actually came back and posted. then everyone took his side after talking crap the whole post? i'm confused lol
:rotfl:

I seen that. I was quite confused how it was one sided until he posted in the thread weeks later. I guess its good that anyone else with his same opinion can read from members why we have those threads.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
:offtopic:

Has anyone noticed if the shit hit the fan at TBSSowners-dot-com about the whole VS thing?

Just curious
They probably won't care until the site gets a bunch more ads inserted into the pages (and they don't run an ad blocker) and the site starts to bog down. You know how much those folks don't like things to be slow :duh:

It's very rare that I've seen any threads of members asking for site modifications or upgrades, and the one time I did, everybody jumped on the guy cuz apparently what he was asking for took a couple of clicks more than he wanted. I know there are a few links in the menus that don't work right for me, I submitted tickets forever ago, none of them got addressed. So I'm pretty sure VS taking over won't result in too many changes on the back end. :hopeless:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Blckshdw said:
They probably won't care until the site gets a bunch more ads inserted into the pages (and they don't run an ad blocker) and the site starts to bog down. You know how much those folks don't like things to be slow :duh:

It's very rare that I've seen any threads of members asking for site modifications or upgrades, and the one time I did, everybody jumped on the guy cuz apparently what he was asking for took a couple of clicks more than he wanted. I know there are a few links in the menus that don't work right for me, I submitted tickets forever ago, none of them got addressed. So I'm pretty sure VS taking over won't result in too many changes on the back end. :hopeless:
That's probably true :no:

on an unrelated note when i went to GMT400 i noticed that place is completely covered in ads. crap kept popping up all over the place....I was there for about 15 min and was already annoyed :no:

Very glad GMTNation is what it is!! :YES:

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
That's probably true :no:

on an unrelated note when i went to GMT400 i noticed that place is completely covered in ads. crap kept popping up all over the place....I was there for about 15 min and was already annoyed :no:

Very glad GMTNation is what it is!! :yes:
I am sure that business with continue over on SSowners as usual, I doubt any of those guys will blink an eye. I mean BT figured out what was happening and he is not even a member there. I am sure once they start seeing random threads for selling cell phones or random posts for someone trying to sell something, someone might start asking questions.

AI understand the owner has not owned a TB for quite a while, but personally, I would have started a thread stating that I have sold the site to VS, same onwers of TV, etc. Maybe explain why I decided to sell. What changes members will see and anything else I knew that is happening.

Funny you mention about ads at GMT400, because that is the first thing that I noticed.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mounce said:
I also noticed the ads on gmt400. Familiar layout of them too. Hmm, shall you research Brandon?
Been wondering the same, as for that site I suspect I will be parting ways with it in the near future since the mods chose to give the scammer a way out...:no:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whores

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Darkrider_LS said:
Been wondering the same, as for that site I suspect I will be parting ways with it in the near future since the mods chose to give the scammer a way out... :no:
How did they give him a way out? Sympathy for his situation? Still no excuse in my :book:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't see his way out, we just don't get to see the discussion because it'll have to be private.

A thread that got that outta hand (personal info, many people putting a member down even if it's true) woulda been locked on the first day here lol.

Reactions: dmanns67

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
How did they give him a way out? Sympathy for his situation? Still no excuse in my :book:
No way to contact him now that he has a full pm box...
Mounce said:
I don't see his way out, we just don't get to see the discussion because it'll have to be private.

A thread that got that outta hand (personal info, many people putting a member down even if it's true) woulda been locked on the first day here lol.
That's just it....his pm box is conveniently full so I cannot contact him

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Darkrider_LS said:
Get through on any of his numbers?
r1894 said:
Yeah what was the outcome of that fiasco with the dude and his sister in law?
Been wondering the same thing.. Last I saw, everybody and their brother wanted a pic of the girls and the guy hadn't been on in days. That was probably two weeks ago.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Darkrider_LS said:
Thats a BS excuse if I have ever heard one. I am suprised the mods said that was ok. What a turd.

r1894 said:
Yeah what was the outcome of that fiasco with the dude and his sister in law?
:rotfl:

I forgot all about that thread until you mentioned it. Wonder if any pics ever got posted.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I have no problem with a small banner ad or footer maybe but pop ups piss me off. Especially when it pops up on every page change :no:

I will continue to support gmtnation financially to make sure it doesn't happen here. I hope you all do the same. I might start donating a certain amount every month. Love this place and all of you guys!

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dioseva

Members Online