Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Homecoming was crazy! Purdue sucks!

Ran valet for a wedding at the Varsity Theatre on campus. Hit stupid fast on the way home.
Radio on and :postcount:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
:thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Piss

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
You're only as old as you feel [emoji14] with that being said, I feel like I'm 30.....

I even have regular pain in my knees, lower back, and hip

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I'm almost 32 and I have a bad back and my left knee ankle kill me all the time. Age does not really have anything to do with pain. Nor does it dictate injuries. I have worked in construction every day since I was 15, I get really tired of people saying I'm too young to have pain.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Ok, 55 - I'll give ya that one. I'm 48. A few pains. How old is old? Are we talking feeling or chronology? If avg is 74 years, then young is 0-25, middle age is 26-50, and old is 51-75. Or, if you break it further (child, young adult, middle age, mature, senior) you give each about 15 years. If were talking feeling - I felt old the day my 2nd parent died. I was 28.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Don't take the number I wrote so literal Geez

Poop

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
smt 59 said:
Well, it looks like I struck a nerve with some, while I am a little older than some here I do feel that age is not really a factor and you are as young or old as you feel dispite the fact of what life may throw you. So that being said let's whore!
I started feeling old 20 years ago. My Dad passed in 1984 about 6 weeks after I graduated high school. Mom passed in Jan of 95. That's when I started feeling old.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I don't know how old I feel, but with all the stress I've had for over a year now and the constant aches and pains, I don't feel 22, it hurts to even get up off the couch with one of my kids in my arms...

smt 59

Sorry for your losses, both my parents are gone within a year and a half of each other. 5 years now. Stuff like this does make you feel older and more responsible, for me it made me the head of the family.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
smt 59 said:
Sorry for your losses, both my parents are gone within a year and a half of each other. 5 years now. Stuff like this does make you feel older and more responsible, for me it made me the head of the family.
I feel for you as well. Those are still recent. I think for me it was because, chronologically, I was still pretty young. My family was a little bit different. I was the product of both of my parents second marriage, so I was the youngest. But really it felt more like being an only child because my siblings ranged in age from 13 years older to 27 years older.

Capote - I have no doubt that some of your aches and pains are caused by mental stresses. If you haven't already, you might consider a good physical way of getting rid of some of those stresses. I don't know how much PT you do now with the military but I know quite a few of my friends who've taken up running as a good way to get physical and have time for themselves to think. As noted before you have my number and I answer my phone 24 hours (except for a few hours on Mondays).

Reactions: Capote and smt 59

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
smt 59 said:
X2

Both of my parents are gone as well, Dad in '01 from heart attack in his sleep and Mom in '12 from her heart giving out after fighting a serious infection for weeks.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
You're only as old as you feel [emoji14] with that being said, I feel like I'm 30.....

I even have regular pain in my knees, lower back, and hip
Hey now, what is rhat supposed to mean :raspberry:

I just turned 30 this year.
smt 59 said:
When you reach 55 then we can talk aches and pain. So how old is old?
Old is as old as you feel. Age is just a number to me. I hang out and talk with guys from work of all ages, 20 - 60. As long as you have common interests, who cares.

I dont feel it yet, but I can still workout and perform as well as I did when I was 20. I think the better you take care of your body, the younger you feel.

smt 59

Darkrider_LS said:
X2
Both of my parents are gone as well, Dad in '01 from heart attack in his sleep and Mom in '12 from her heart giving out after fighting a serious infection for weeks.
These are unfortunate events in our lives that make us aware of how short and fragile life is and to embrace every day.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Hey now, what is rhat supposed to mean :raspberry:

I just turned 30 this year.
As noted earlier, don't take literally lol

Reactions: dmanns67

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012