Mod Help

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I have done a lot sine saturday and it looks way better!!! Just the debadging, demoulding, and taking off the antenna makes it look 100% better. It only took around 2 hours in all very easy mods and highly suggested

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
elballz12 said:
I do like the look on the newer model. Any idea where to get it?

[EBAY]250955701382[/EBAY]

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Thank you some of the mods are not important as others of course so some will happen way before others. That one isn't as big to me but thank you

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just mke sure u make ur truck "ur truck". Personalize it. Don't let other people encourage u to do somethin u really don't wanna do. Ya know.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I know what you mean. You want it to have your own style and not just make it look like every other trailblazer out there

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
silvernclean said:
... That stock antenna is like 4 ft tall. :eek:

It's not that bad. I have one that is 8 foot tall coming off the rear bumper and another 2 footer in the middle of my roof.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
smitty5150 said:
I am watching this in my ebay as I type this. Can't decide whether to buy it or shave the wiper altogether.

If u shave I wanna know how ya did it.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Window Tint, Interior LED’s, HID's(High, Low, and Fog), Dynamat the Whole Interior, Color Matched Door Handles, White Bowtie, Paint Side Mirrors, Door Handles, Updated Rear Wiper is all on the list. Anything else

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
First off, I can't believe this thread has gone so far without the mention of a resonator delete! It is completely useless. Take your jigsaw to it tomorrow and get rid of it. I have ran without extending the pipe for the last 3 years now and have absolutely no issues. Just get rid of that ugly coffee can!

The onstar antenna is another easy delete. It does NOT pass through the window, so scrape that shit off of both sides.

Quad beam head lights are another easy mod. I will have the easiest and cheapest (free) how to posted in the next 48 hours for this!

Best advice, spend some time reading through everyones rigs and find what you like. Do not hesitate to ask questions, you are sure to find a bunch of helpful folks around here!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
smitty5150 said:
I am watching this in my ebay as I type this. Can't decide whether to buy it or shave the wiper altogether.

depends on if you use the wiper! I think it is useful when it rains or snows etc.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I am keeping my rear wiper on for sure. I don't think I have an onstar antenna anyways. The quad beam headlight, Is that just having all of your headlights working at one time? The resonator delete can you post pictures with it done?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
elballz12 said:
Could I just cut it off and leave it like that or will it mess it up?

Perfectly fine just cut off. I had it like that for about a year.

You might look into painting the d pillars.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
elballz12 said:
Could I just cut it off and leave it like that or will it mess it up?

It all depends on your local "saftey" laws. In Texas the exhaust has to exit out the side or rear, it cant exit under the vehicle.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
elballz12 said:
I am keeping my rear wiper on for sure. I don't think I have an onstar antenna anyways. The quad beam headlight, Is that just having all of your headlights working at one time? The resonator delete can you post pictures with it done?

Regulator did my quad beam mod today and took pics. So I am sure he will post a how-to on that sometime.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
What you mean by painting the D pillars? I don't know if there is a law in Alabama on that. As for the quad beams is it really necessary to have all 4 working or is it just for looks?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The pillar between rear widow and rear side windows. Could paint it body color like the other vertical pillars.

Once you get the quad beams you wonder why it is not factory. I like that my HID's never turn off when I go from lows to highs. Just really helps to see and it is free.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I like the idea of painting the pillar why is it black anyways it pointless. How is it free? I will have 6000K's or 8000K's trying to decide... I live in the city so i really don't even use my brights that much anyways

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
elballz12 said:
I like the idea of painting the pillar why is it black anyways it pointless. How is it free? I will have 6000K's or 8000K's trying to decide... I live in the city so i really don't even use my brights that much anyways

Better to stay between 5 and 6 or you will be too blue

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Is there a big difference in 5000 and 6000. I didn't think the 8000 were that blue but I guess I was wrong

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011

Once you get the quad beams you wonder why it is not factory. I like that my HID's never turn off when I go from lows to highs. Just really helps to see and it is free.[/QUOTE]

:thumbup: agreed

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
Is there a big difference in 5000 and 6000. I didn't think the 8000 were that blue but I guess I was wrong

8000k is more at the blue rather then white! 5000k is hyper white, 6000k is the same with a tint of blue. My pro pic is 6000k

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I feel like that 12k and 30k should be at 1 or 2 for brightness! Not no 8 lol How is ricer blue and purple a 8 :duh:

Theres a difference between bright, and light output. Those ricers with purple and blue lights are extremely bright, but they dont put out very much usable light

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Me007gold said:
Theres a difference between bright, and light output. Those ricers with purple and blue lights are extremely bright, but they dont put out very much usable light

True on that one!! I think that can be misleading for a first timer to read a chart like that and see brightness and think oh nice I can get these and still be good! I think that the ricer colors are just annoying bright :hissyfit: lol

Does anyone have a picture of there 5000k lights (if they have that) hitting the wall and facing the truck? I am thinking about those as my next lights!

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I will either get 5K or 6K's. Im just going for a White Out/Clean Look so the 8K's are too blue for me. Will he post it on here on on another forum?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Does anyone have a picture of there 5000k lights (if they have that) hitting the wall and facing the truck? I am thinking about those as my next lights!

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

This is when I had the Xentec, These should have been 5000k I think.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
So 5k's are pretty much like your brights as in color but not as bright?

5k's are the brights and will give you the most light output!

Thanks Me007gold for the pics!! They are bright for sure!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.