Mod Help

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Me007gold said:
If the 'reputable' shops around you are anything like the ones around here, they will not do illegal tint jobs. USUALLY the only way to get your winshild legally tinted is to get a "prescription' for it, and the Police will notice that your winshield is tinted.

They just did a job 2 weeks ago and put 2% on everything including the front windshield. Idk how he drives at night but they just make you pay in cash if its illegal. Mine doesn't have a strip and I kinda like it like that.

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
Me007gold said:
If the 'reputable' shops around you are anything like the ones around here, they will not do illegal tint jobs. USUALLY the only way to get your winshild legally tinted is to get a "prescription' for it, and the Police will notice that your winshield is tinted.

Down here in Tn the law is 35% and shops wont go any lower than that... :mad:
thats why it helps to know a guy who does it under the table. His stuff has lifetime warranty too. he's been doin it for years! but he charges less than most companies, but more as the tint gets darker and darker.

elballz12 said:
They just did a job 2 weeks ago and put 2% on everything including the front windshield. Idk how he drives at night but they just make you pay in cash if its illegal. Mine doesn't have a strip and I kinda like it like that.
Thats just too much, i like my windows really dark, but thats stupid.. imo.
i bet he wont have it for long, unless he is associated with the police.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
The shop I will use has a lifetime warranty they use 3M tint which is suppose to be really good apparently. Come down to Alabama its a shop in Huntsville and get it done they will do it for everyone

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You ever think about getting polarized sunglasses? Once I made the switch, I won't wear anything else. :twocents:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
My strip is 10 or 11 inches and 5%

GEDC0044.jpg

and my fronts are 35%

P1000389.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
What are the stock tints on our trucks? Isnt it like 20% or 30%?

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I have Costas and they are polarized. 35 looks good but I like 5 way better. Im gonna go to the doctor and see if I can get a prescription for it. If I get pulled over I would just show it to them

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
YOUNG said:
back is 20% and front is 70% stock on my truck.

Our trucks do not come tinted in the front stock!! Or do they? Mine isn't :confused:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Our trucks do not come tinted in the front stock!! Or do they? Mine isn't :confused:

Its 70% it may not look like it but at the bottom of it is what mine says

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:

You can't even tell at 70%. I think almost all cars have 70%

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I have Costas and they are polarized. 35 looks good but I like 5 way better. Im gonna go to the doctor and see if I can get a prescription for it. If I get pulled over I would just show it to them

Most doctors will not give you a prescription! If you get pulled over most cops will either laugh at it if you show them, I heard a cop once ripped it up in front of the person and gave them the ticket lol or they do not believe it and think its a ton of BS etc...and if the cop does ticket you, and you want to fight it since you have that prescription, the doctor ends up having to go to court also and many doctors do not want to deal with that! worth a shot to ask! Good luck!

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
They don't look dark at all. It is worth a try and if I have to take it off its only the front 2 and I will either take it off or pay the ticket whatever is cheaper

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
They don't look dark at all. It is worth a try and if I have to take it off its only the front 2 and I will either take it off or pay the ticket whatever is cheaper

There are places that will charge a bit more but will take off the tint and put it back on as many times as you need! So if you get a ticket you can take it to the place and they take it off for free and put it back on for free also! see if you have any places in your area that do that also!

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
There are places that will charge a bit more but will take off the tint and put it back on as many times as you need! So if you get a ticket you can take it to the place and they take it off for free and put it back on for free also! see if you have any places in your area that do that also!

That would be GREAT!!! I can ask my shop where I am getting it done. It never hurts to ask all they can say is no :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
That would be GREAT!!! I can ask my shop where I am getting it done. It never hurts to ask all they can say is no :biggrin:

Yeah ask and see! That will help a ton in the long run! Worth the extra money and saves you more money down the road! :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
:iagree: Thank you for all the help. It helped me make decisions and get new ideas

Thats what the forum is here for :thumbsup: Good luck man! Hope to see the end results on your truck and some pictures!

Remember

20815_gallery.jpg

:raspberry:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I will post the pics after I debugged and demoulded tomorrow. It was too dark to take them when I got home. Like I said door speakers will be purchased next week and installed with the 4 channel very soon. Window tint should be around the same time also. I will post the pics on here tomorrow. Is there any special way I have to post them? :2thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I will post the pics after I debugged and demoulded tomorrow. It was too dark to take them when I got home. Like I said door speakers will be purchased next week and installed with the 4 channel very soon. Window tint should be around the same time also. I will post the pics on here tomorrow. Is there any special way I have to post them? :2thumbsup:

Many use photo bucket and just copy the img code and paste in on here, or you can add an attachment from your comp (its below when you click reply and says "mange attachments")...up to you :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
My fronts are 70%, I saw a TB today that was clear all the way around.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
djthumper said:
My fronts are 70%, I saw a TB today that was clear all the way around.

I saw one in a parking lot a few weeks ago that was looking like an aquarium! All clear all around, even in the cargo area and the back windshield! It was so weird!!! :eek: :rotfl:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
TrailBlazn420 said:
I saw one in a parking lot a few weeks ago that was looking like an aquarium! All clear all around, even in the cargo area and the back windshield! It was so weird!!! :eek: :rotfl:

Yep, I thought it was weird.

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
I see you have the same gray faded rear bumper pads my TB did. I painted them Black to match along with my running boards, rocker cover and lower trim of the front bumper. It gave it a cleaner blackout look. You could do the same with white to help with the whiteout look. I used Krylon fusion paint for plastic and some clearcoat and have had no problems with fading or flaking.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
NighTblazer said:
I see you have the same gray faded rear bumper pads my TB did. I painted them Black to match along with my running boards, rocker cover and lower trim of the front bumper. It gave it a cleaner blackout look.

A Heat gun will give you the same results. No need to paint.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Me007gold said:
A Heat gun will give you the same results. No need to paint.

I believe the op means to paint all the plastics white to achieve the whiteout look.

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
NighTblazer said:
I see you have the same gray faded rear bumper pads my TB did. I painted them Black to match along with my running boards, rocker cover and lower trim of the front bumper. It gave it a cleaner blackout look. You could do the same with white to help with the whiteout look. I used Krylon fusion paint for plastic and some clearcoat and have had no problems with fading or flaking.

How Did u remove the black plastic off the bumper to paint it?

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Sorry I still haven't posted pictures it rained off and on pretty much everyday. I am going to get tint put on and will post pictures before and after and put the pictures where i demoulded and debadged it. I want the white out look so the heat gun may work until I can get them painted

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
YOUNG said:
How Did u remove the black plastic off the bumper to paint it?

I removed the plastic bumper cover and from underneath used needle nose pliers to pinch the retainers and trimmed the adhesive type stuff from around the rest and pushed them through. I used some automotive adhesive in it's place when I put them back together.

I have been meaning to take them apart and put back together so I can share pics but have had to many other projects to and haven't had the chance. I will though as soon as I can though.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Most doctors will not give you a prescription! If you get pulled over most cops will either laugh at it if you show them, I heard a cop once ripped it up in front of the person and gave them the ticket lol or they do not believe it and think its a ton of BS etc...and if the cop does ticket you, and you want to fight it since you have that prescription, the doctor ends up having to go to court also and many doctors do not want to deal with that! worth a shot to ask! Good luck!

I got lucky about 20yrs ago. Got a ticket for tint, went and got a script. Then a kid t-boned me and the cop said my tint "may" have contributed to it.. :hissyfit: Got a letter in the mail from our sec of state a few weeks later asking for my script/records and they would review wether or not I could keep it. Sent it all in and they approved it. It's been on my DL ever since. Kinda like if you are required to wear glasses. They may pull me over but can't ticket me for it. :wootwoot:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Its freaking raining here again so I can't take pictures... I promise as soon as the sun comes out I will go take pictures and put them on here :mad:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
fishguy1123 said:
I got lucky about 20yrs ago. Got a ticket for tint, went and got a script. Then a kid t-boned me and the cop said my tint "may" have contributed to it.. :hissyfit: Got a letter in the mail from our sec of state a few weeks later asking for my script/records and they would review wether or not I could keep it. Sent it all in and they approved it. It's been on my DL ever since. Kinda like if you are required to wear glasses. They may pull me over but can't ticket me for it. :wootwoot:

Oh wow that is pretty luck!!! But they seriously said that the tint might have caused them to T-bone you? I can never understand cops these days and how they think! I mean seriously lol I am pretty scared about my tail light tints and if someone someday might hit me because they suck or something and then I would get into trouble...then I would be upset!!

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh wow that is pretty luck!!! But they seriously said that the tint might have caused them to T-bone you? I can never understand cops these days and how they think! I mean seriously lol I am pretty scared about my tail light tints and if someone someday might hit me because they suck or something and then I would get into trouble...then I would be upset!!

It was a state boy... lol I moved over 2 lanes to avoid him since he was pulling out of a parking lot. :hissyfit: Oh well, long time ago.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I went and got tint put on yesterday and here are some pics after. I have 50% on my Windshield and the 20% on everything else. Also here are the pics of it being demoulded and debadged

Attachments

• 100_0599.jpg
    100_0599.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0602.jpg
    100_0602.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0604.jpg
    100_0604.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0605.jpg
    100_0605.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Looks good!! :thumbsup: I feel like the windshield is never the smartest thing to do due to night driving will be a pain! But that is up to you! It looks good and smooth without the molding and emblems

You should color match the door handles and the mirror caps :yes:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Looks good!! :thumbsup: I feel like the windshield is never the smartest thing to do due to night driving will be a pain! But that is up to you! It looks good and smooth without the molding and emblems

You should color match the door handles and the mirror caps :yes:

The 50% is dark enough for me but not too dark when I'm driving at night. I should have to worry about a ticket either you can't tell too much i n person. I really like it. I ordered speakers last week and they will be in tomorrow. Its Alpine Type R components and coaxials, an Alpine PDX 4.100, and wiring and all those goodies :big grin: The door handles and mirrors will be fairly soon. I will probably do where the lift gate and where the rear bumper is

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I got my speakers and wires in today. It will be installed soon here are some pics of what I have. I have an Alpine PDX 4.100 amp, Alpine Type R Components and Coaxials, Streetwires ZN7 RCA's, Kicker speaker wire, and a Kicker PKD1 Dual amp kit. I hope you like it and more pics soon

Attachments

• 100_0610.jpg
    100_0610.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0612.jpg
    100_0612.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0614.jpg
    100_0614.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0615.jpg
    100_0615.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0617.jpg
    100_0617.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0618.jpg
    100_0618.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0621.jpg
    100_0621.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0622.jpg
    100_0622.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Here she is all cleaned up. Just ready to clay, polish, and wax her when we have a week it doesn't rain every 3 days

Attachments

• 100_0623.jpg
    100_0623.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0625.jpg
    100_0625.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0626.jpg
    100_0626.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0627.jpg
    100_0627.jpg