Mod Help

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Me007gold said:
4300k are the brightest gives you the most light.

See I hear 5k then someone once told me 3k is the best and then I hear 43k lol so I think stick in that rage and you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
See I hear 5k then someone once told me 3k is the best and then I hear 43k lol so I think stick in that rage and you'll be fine :thumbsup:

3000k is yellow, and not legal for headlamps. 3000k is for fog lights

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I don't really think that from 3K-6K there would be a huge difference. Does it matter where I get them from?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I don't really think that from 3K-6K there would be a huge difference. Does it matter where I get them from?

between 5-6 no not that huge of a difference...3k is YELLOW!

Many on here order them from DDMtuning.com or VVME.com! I got mine from DDM and there great!! Get a slim ballast because they will heat up faster and last longer also!

Me007gold said:
3000k is yellow, and not legal for headlamps. 3000k is for fog lights
Oh i know that!! I was told that there better for fogs at that temp rather then 4300k and stuff.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I was trying to decide if I would need a slim ballast or not. Would it be fine to just use the same color lights for all 3 or do they not sell them?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I was trying to decide if I would need a slim ballast or not. Would it be fine to just use the same color lights for all 3 or do they not sell them?

I am not sure what your trying to ask? I mean both those sites I gave you sell the color lights we were talking about.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Could I buy all 6K lights for my fog, high, and low? Also what Voltage do I need it listed Standard, Slim,12V, and 24V one the VVME website

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
Could I buy all 6K lights for my fog, high, and low? Also what Voltage do I need it listed Standard, Slim,12V, and 24V one the VVME website

Yeah you can buy all the same color if you want! Just make sure the bulb type is different because they change between fogs, high and low! You get the 12V slim! 24V are for those ford 350's and trucks like those! We have a 12v battery.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
elballz12 said:
I will just can't decide on 5K or 6K's... Need some help :undecided:

6k for looks n 5k for maximum light output.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I think I am going to go with 6K's that way I have the looks of having HID's but not just completely blue. :thankyou:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I will just can't decide on 5K or 6K's... Need some help :undecided:

I have 6k..here is a pic...hope this helps you decide :thumbsup:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 6

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did 6k lows. 5k highs. And have badass piaa yellow 6 inch offroad fogs.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I like the 6k's but its just not the look I'm looking for... It may change in person (friend has 6K's) Are the 8K's really that blue or just a hint of it?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In person I think the 8k is too blue

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I have a White TB so its gonna be looking more blue than it actually in because of the white paint. Im going with 6K. Finally decided that now just to decide if I should do tint or HID's first

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I have a White TB so its gonna be looking more blue than it actually in because of the white paint. Im going with 6K. Finally decided that now just to decide if I should do tint or HID's first

I say HID's first!! :yes: Safety first!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mine is white. I did Tint first!

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Yea but down in Alabama it gets hot as crap and the sun is bright. Eyes are sensitive to light so I always have to wear sunglasses. If I don't already have fogs installed or cut out how hard is it to put new lights in?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
elballz12 said:
Yea but down in Alabama it gets hot as crap and the sun is bright. Eyes are sensitive to light so I always have to wear sunglasses. If I don't already have fogs installed or cut out how hard is it to put new lights in?

There is a slight tint to the windows. And just because you tint them doesn't mean you won't still wear the sun glasses. And it is definitely hotter and brighter our here.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Yea I am sure it is, its just so humid in alabama it makes it seem hotter and can't breath as well. The back is like 17% I think is what it says on it. I am going put put 50 on the windshield, 5 on the fronts and 5 on the backs if I can see it at night first. I can have anything I want on my backs just has to be 35% on my fronts

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wow. You eyes are sensitive, humidity means you cant breathe as well....Maybe you should move. I had no issue living in the FL panhandle or up here in Indiana, but if I had issues seeing and breathing I would focus on relocating and being healthy/comfortable, not modding a truck.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I don't have an issue breathing unless Im running a lot. I was just saying in vernal most people have a hard time breathing. I could go with 20 and probably and be fine but it is still illegal and its only $20 more if I go 5%. I love it in Alabama have lived here my whole life. Nothing better than football, the heat, and the girls. :cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I don't have an issue breathing unless Im running a lot. I was just saying in vernal most people have a hard time breathing. I could go with 20 and probably and be fine but it is still illegal and its only $20 more if I go 5%. I love it in Alabama have lived here my whole life. Nothing better than football, the heat, and the girls. :cool:

I might take a vacation down there now that you mention that :wootwoot::biggrin:

sevendj

Dec 9, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
You no I never under the antenna delete mod!! I just removed mine in general and put it in the back see and the radio works perfect lol Why put the wire under and screw them in and stuff

Nearly every time I wash my car I forget to put it back on.... and yep, just leave it in the trunk for months.

Convenient, since I don't have to keep taking it off for every wash :wink:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I might take a vacation down there now that you mention that :wootwoot::biggrin:

If you EVER have the chance to go to Tuscaloosa for a Bama game go. The girls down there are ridiculous :loveintheair:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
elballz12 said:
If you EVER have the chance to go to Tuscaloosa for a Bama game go. The girls down there are ridiculous :loveintheair:

Time for you to do some traveling kiddo. It is like that where ever you go... Well almost. And I have been multiple places around the globe.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Im sure... Have any of you had experience with Dynamat? I want to do my doors first which won't be too hard/too expensive. I want to do the whole cargo but don't know how much sq ft it is

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
elballz12 said:
Im sure... Have any of you had experience with Dynamat? I want to do my doors first which won't be too hard/too expensive. I want to do the whole cargo but don't know how much sq ft it is

Yes, Man I think you are getting scattered on your mods now. I think you need to make your list and set your priorities.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
djthumper said:
Yes, Man I think you are getting scattered on your mods now. I think you need to make your list and set your priorities.

I have a list in this order: 1 Alpine Type R coaxial and components (i only have one working speaker) and my 4 channel and Dynamat the doors. 2 Is 5% all around and 50% on the front windows. 3 is 6000K HID's (Low, High, and Fog) and Interior LED's. 4 is 2 SA 12's with a second battery and the Big 3 ($$$ big purchase $$$). 5 is painting the grey plastics white and my mirrors and that will keep me busy for a long time

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:

haha Ill tell you want...Florida or cali is where its at!! I took a vacation to Florida a few years back and that was awesome!! Next trip hopefully to Miami florida or something :cool: or Vegas :yes:

elballz12 said:
I have a list in this order: 1 Alpine Type R coaxial and components (i only have one working speaker) and my 4 channel and Dynamat the doors. 2 Is 5% all around and 50% on the front windows. 3 is 6000K HID's (Low, High, and Fog) and Interior LED's. 4 is 2 SA 12's with a second battery and the Big 3 ($$$ big purchase $$$). 5 is painting the grey plastics white and my mirrors and that will keep me busy for a long time

They have for tint? I thought 30% was the lightest they have! 50% would be cool I mean its kind of dark but enough to keep the popo off your tail!

sevendj said:
That's exactly how I convince the wife to let me spend the money!

Sounds like a good reason if you ask me lol one of my headlights burnt out which was a green for the HID's with me! :biggrin:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
PCB is where it is at anytime of the year especially Spring Break :thumbsup:

They have for tint? I thought 30% was the lightest they have! 50% would be cool I mean its kind of dark but enough to keep the popo off your tail!

Sorry I confused you I will have 5% on all my windows and then 50% on my windshield. 35% is the legal tint in the state of Alabama

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
Sorry I confused you I will have 5% on all my windows and then 50% on my windshield. 35% is the legal tint in the state of Alabama

To be honest I never understand why people tint there windshield! Makes it a pain in the ass at night to drive sometimes lol at least I think so! but thats sweet! MI does not allow any tint on the cars...kind of stupid!

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
The way I have to go to work and school I drive directly into the sun so that is one of the main reasons. Most people do it for looks but 50% there isn't much tint at all its a little darker than your front windows. Its enough to be able to see when driving

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
The way I have to go to work and school I drive directly into the sun so that is one of the main reasons. Most people do it for looks but 50% there isn't much tint at all its a little darker than your front windows. Its enough to be able to see when driving

Does your state allow windshield tint also to be 35% or just the front windows?

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Does your state allow windshield tint also to be 35% or just the front windows?

Anything besides a 6 in strip is illegal. I don't care for having a big strip across my window I think it looks crappy. Its illegal for me but you won't really be able to tale since its 50%

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
elballz12 said:
Anything besides a 6 in strip is illegal. I don't care for having a big strip across my window I think it looks crappy. Its illegal for me but you won't really be able to tale since its 50%

If the 'reputable' shops around you are anything like the ones around here, they will not do illegal tint jobs. USUALLY the only way to get your winshild legally tinted is to get a "prescription' for it, and the Police will notice that your winshield is tinted.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:

Oh okay got it!! My truck came with a 4in strip and I like it actually! Does make a difference with the sun also! Its black on the outside and looks blue on the inside! kind of cool lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online