Members projector retrofits

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: What kinda light output do you get from the 3757 bulbs with the reflectors painted? I'm guessing you can barely see the turn signals during the day.

Reactions: dmanns67

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
Its a bit over 3 from my lil town over to Evansville. Still would like another Indiana meet this year or maybe Louisville or something in the area.

I am sure the cost is over what i can dedicate to headlights for something that nice.
Yeah the price is up there a little. Lol and I'd be game for a meet we could always do a southern IN to North KY meet. Louisville is about 1.25 hour from me.
:undecided: What kinda light output do you get from the 3757 bulbs with the reflectors painted? I'm guessing you can barely see the turn signals during the day.
It's actually not too bad running switchbacks. This customer requested it, I tried to talk him into doing strips but he decided against it. When I painted I made sure to clear it to help with reflection a little bit more.

Reactions: Capote and Sib

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:popo: You gotta get hip to using the multiquote feature. :nono:

I'm interested in seeing some daytime shots at distance if you can swing it. :yes:

Reactions: Sib

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
Blckshdw said:
[emoji14]opo: You gotta get hip to using the multiquote feature. :nono:

I'm interested in seeing some daytime shots at distance if you can swing it. :yes:
I'll have him send some to me when they make it to his house. Lol I'm still learning to use tapatalk on this forum. I'm usually not a regular poster. I done mine the same way his are done for the bottom turn. Soon mine will be pulled apart and done for a 3rd time. I got some stuff I wanna change. I'm going to a strip on the bottom of mine to match the corner light.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got a couple sets extra i ought to slide down and get a lesson in making lights mo betta

aaronbtb

May 16, 2015
Anyone know where I can find clear corners?
eBay has a seller, but he wants more for them what the entire headlights are worth.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Maybe he meant the Infinity Q45 multi lens projectors :undecided: I considered doing a retro with these a few years back, but research indicated the output wasn't that great and the cutoff wasn't as sharp as most everything else available for considerably less.

q45_projectors_4_final_3.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Those projectors look unique, but like you mentioned, I have read/seen pics of the not so great output.

I did see TRS came out with a Universal XB LED sealed fog light and it is their smallest one. Slightly larger diameter of the Matchbox 2.0, but the depth is significantly less. I have been contemplating how I could retro that into an OE TB fog light. It would appear much easier than the Match projectors. Pig tail coming out of the end is a basic 9006 plug which you could swap with a 880 plug. Did not see any mention of a driver, appears to be plug and play. Each fog light is rated at 1200 lumens.

Is it bad that I have not completed my first fog light retro and really contemplating taking on another :crazy:

morimoto_type_universal_xb_led_fogs_7.jpg

type_u.jpg

morimoto_type_universal_xb_led_fogs_4.jpg

Reactions: Sib

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Is it bad that I have not completed my first fog light retro and really contemplating taking on another

Considering I am also thinking of doing a selectable quad retrofit, with 5000K in one set and a 3000K in the other set, I can't blame you for thinking of another retro. :crazy:

Edit: I wonder if their GMC LED fogs would bolt right up for the Voy guys here

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

aaronbtb

May 16, 2015
Anyone know what shrouds fit best? I'm trying to retrofit a fxr-3 in the lows, and the new mini h1 7.0 in the highs, with all Iris shrouds. I don't want to mismatch shrouds. These Iris ones are way to big.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Anyone know what shrouds fit best?

There is no correct answer to this question, as it's purely subjective from person to person.

These Iris ones are way to big.

If you have a sanding drum and a rotary tool, you can trim the shrouds down bit by bit, to fit whatever shaping configuration you want. I had Iris shrouds in the high beam buckets of my first retrofit. :twocents:

Reactions: aaronbtb

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Random cutoff shot.
20151222_003502.jpg

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I seen TRS posted up some Morimoto square Chevy LED fog lights for pre-order. They fit the Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban 2007+ (all trim levels).

Sadly, nothing for the TB though. $200.00 is not a bad price either and a 10 year warranty.

type_c_3.jpg

type_c_2.jpg

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I seen TRS posted up some Morimoto square Chevy LED fog lights for pre-order. They fit the Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban 2007+ (all trim levels).

Sadly, nothing for the TB though. $200.00 is not a bad price either and a 10 year warranty.

View attachment 73312

View attachment 73313

I'm sure that wouldn't be hard to make work on our rigs

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
View attachment 73398 Spyder headlight look but it not available for the TB
yhst-25962240138714_2254_1235011915.jpg

Spec-D's is as close as you'll get to that for our rigs. Unless you do do a retrofit and try to emulate that look, plenty of us guys on the forum have done Halos too

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Are the Spec-D's plug and play? Or do you need to do a bit of re-wiring?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You have to wire up the 'halos' yourself, but everything else should be PnP.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Wouldn't want the halo version, so that's good. Any idea if their projectors are any good or should I just get Sparky to do his thing?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Only member I know personally that got the off-the-shelf projector setup was @Decembersend. I believe he felt they were servicable, although that jacked up cutoff on the passenger side (shoots up into the trees) was annoying.

Maybe he'll chime in on whether or not he would have retrofitted them anyway, had they not gotten muddy water inside the housing, causing him to need to take them apart anyway to clean em out.

Reactions: Matt and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've heard that pretty much every set of those is prone to leaks. I always recall members saying that water piled up inside of those or they had constant condensation issues. Glad I never chose to get any Spec-D's.

Reactions: Matt

aaronbtb

May 16, 2015
I have these, they are complete junk, terrible cutoff, ccfl stopped working.

I replaced the projector in it with a Morimoto Mini 6.0, and switched out the ccfl with 90mm Morimoto xsb switchback halos.

Pretty sure those Spec-D use the same crappy halogen projector.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 11

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
They're not worth it at all, best to use that money to invest into a retrofit

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Thank you gents! Got to get my arse into gear and get some $$$ together.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hell yeah man

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli