Members projector retrofits

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The cutoff. (Its an illusion and the truck isn't on level ground. It is in fact straight.)
20150722_233548.jpg

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
And they're done! Black on black is was better then the white on black. Glad I made the switch. Now I'm contemplating doing a little smoke tint on them. Any opinions on whether to go for it or not?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437925483158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437925483158.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 66

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Do you have Instagram? Hit up the GMTN page and get kjkim (member here, he runs it) to post them for you.

If you don't have Instagram, and you wanted, I could get him to post it and when someone asks about them I'll send them to you or relay contact info to them.

Just trying to find another customer pool for you, a lot of the people there don't come here.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Im not on alot of these social sites I am on here alot but never post its no big deal for me

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Anybody working on any retros? Haven't heard or seen any in a minute

Reactions: dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:ugh: OK, I'm gonna take mine out, and sit them on my coffee table when I get home today. My PS3 is holding up, so I can put THOSE tools away. Maybe if they are staring at me while I watch TV, I'll be more inclined to work on them again. :redface:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
:ugh: OK, I'm gonna take mine out, and sit them on my coffee table when I get home today. My PS3 is holding up, so I can put THOSE tools away. Maybe if they are staring at me while I watch TV, I'll be more inclined to work on them again. :redface:
"Thaaanks Capote" [emoji14] [emoji41]

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
My gosh, they DO look so pretty don't they? :salivate:

20150824_161557.jpg
They sure do man

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I told you they were straight dammit.
20150819_202906.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryan needs to post some pics of the sweet fog light retro he did for Brandon. Colored matched the fogs, same as the headlights. Looks badass. Sib, I think you are next on the list my friend :yes:

Reactions: Sib

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Ryan needs to post some pics of the sweet fog light retro he did for Brandon. Colored matched the fogs, same as the headlights. Looks badass. Sib, I think you are next on the list my friend :yes:
Lol. I think so too. I actually got rid of my 6-hi mod cuz I hate the look of regular fogs with the projectors. I can still turn them on if it get's foggy, just not liking the look of them without the projectors. I guess I should start saving up for the retro huh?

However, I think Aaron should be next on Ryan's projector retro fit list. Now that he has the SS grill, he needs some sweet projectors. He can have Ryan has TRS etch the Batman symbol in the lenses too. :cool:

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sib said:
Lol. I think so too. I actually got rid of my 6-hi mod cuz I hate the look of regular fogs with the projectors. I can still turn them on if it get's foggy, just not liking the look of them without the projectors. I guess I should start saving up for the retro huh?

However, I think Aaron should be next on Ryan's projector retro fit list. Now that he has the SS grill, he needs some sweet projectors. He can have Ryan has TRS etch the Batman symbol in the lenses too. :cool:
I do have that pair of headlights with the amber turns lying around, still in superb condition, hmm

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Its too expensive, and I'd very very anal on how I'd want them to be

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Capote said:
Its too expensive, and I'd very very anal on how I'd want them to be
Well as the great one says (The_Roadie)..."It's not too expensive, you're too cheap." Lol Just start saving up a little at a time.

Reactions: Matt and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sib said:
Well as the great one says (The_Roadie)..."It's not too expensive, you're too cheap." Lol Just start saving up a little at a time.
I have the radiator to fix before I can purchase another mod, figured I'd put a tranny or oil cooler in since all the hoses gotta come off anyway

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Sib said:

Maybe you can take on the fogs yourself. It is quite expensive though when starting from scratch, about $330. Luckily, I already had the Morimoto relay harness and ballasts, only needed to pick up a pair of Morimoto H1 based bulbs. I think altogether I spent $120 for the projectors, $40 for the bulbs, and $50 for a new set of OE fogs. $210 total.

Now that I am done modding the F150, I hope to be able to get back on the fogs this weekend. Need to see how much of a difference the shim (Small 1/4-20 bolt) I put on will make. That will require some more modification to the top of the projector shroud as well.

Pretty sure Capote is NEVER going to go with a retro. He has said that many times.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Maybe you can take on the fogs yourself. It is quite expensive though when starting from scratch, about $330. Luckily, I already had the Morimoto relay harness and ballasts, only needed to pick up a pair of Morimoto H1 based bulbs. I think altogether I spent $120 for the projectors, $40 for the bulbs, and $50 for a new set of OE fogs. $210 total.

Now that I am done modding the F150, I hope to be able to get back on the fogs this weekend. Need to see how much of a difference the shim (Small 1/4-20 bolt) I put on will make. That will require some more modification to the top of the projector shroud as well.

Pretty sure Capote is NEVER going to go with a retro. He has said that many times.
Yeah might be a good winter project for me.

I was hoping that with a few pokes we can get Aaron on board so he can put his 100,000k bulbs in them.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
They're too expensive and time consuming of a project for someone to do for me. I'm satisfied with my current headlights

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
But they're so much better, especially considering how bad our headlights are to start...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Sib said:
so he can put his 100,000k bulbs in them.

:rotfl: Thinking about actually going with 3000k in the projector fogs. I did not like the look of the 3000K HIDs in the OE fog light housing. Looked goofy with the projector headlights, plus it shined yellow light EVERYWHERE and did not seem to make a difference in bad weather. I still have the 3000K 880 HIDs in a drawer somewhere. Only ran them for a week in the OE housings.

Ryan has done so many, he has the process down. I think he can do a basic build in a couple days for a couple hundred bucks.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sib said:
Yeah might be a good winter project for me.

I was hoping that with a few pokes we can get Aaron on board so he can put his 100,000k bulbs in them.
9K's, thank you very much...not on that 12/15k game no more
littleblazer said:
But they're so much better, especially considering how bad our headlights are to start...
They are bad, but ahh no, rather spend that money on some other mod

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Meant 8K, my bad

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
There's such thing as 9000k HIDs?

Never seen it listed. Most are even numbers in between 5000K and 15,000K.

Attachments

• ColorChart1.jpg
    ColorChart1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 36
  • KelvinScale.jpg
    KelvinScale.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 32

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Meant 8k bro, lol we're so off topic now

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Never seen it listed. Most are even numbers in between 5000K and 15,000K.
Light form a blue sky? :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
68impalacp said:
Working on a color matching set of headlights for a customer. Mini Gatlin shrouds, aggressive purple demon eyes, and blacked out corner lights
Lets just ship them right across Indiana to me....mmm-kay Thanks.

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Lets just ship them right across Indiana to me....mmm-kay Thanks.
You're just 4 hours or so north of me haha. I'm definitely liking the all color matching setup on these.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
68impalacp said:
You're just 4 hours or so north of me haha. I'm definitely liking the all color matching setup on these.
Its a bit over 3 from my lil town over to Evansville. Still would like another Indiana meet this year or maybe Louisville or something in the area.

I am sure the cost is over what i can dedicate to headlights for something that nice.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online