Carlisle ATN Aug 1-3, 2014......who's in?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Bill05EnvoySLT said:
So what are the chances of getting the 3.5 MM jack mod done? as well as how would this work? you need to bring supplies or just bring cash and someone else has the supplies?

If just let me know what I need... Depends on if a certain Individual Close enough to me gets his Ass in Gear to get the gauges done... ill do that or bring with me and do at the show :smile:
Maybe some LED modding.... Who knows.. Just want to know if i should be hunting down parts now or just bring cash enough to cover some labor and parts there? Never been there before , while i had my lincoln always thought of going. but never did...
If we're talking about the show - you (or anyone) brings the parts, and me (or others) will have the tools. I gotta know ahead of time what anyone is doing to be prepared. There's a couple of parts stores nearby if supplies are needed but it's better to get them ahead of time so there aren't any surprises. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't charge for anything. It's part of giving back to the community that has done so much for me over the years.

If we're talking about our meeting up - I got my "you know" cluster and should have the LED strips in a week or so. Then it's on! :wooot:

Reactions: Bill05EnvoySLT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I just checked Holiday Inn Express and the 1st/2nd are greyed out.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
MAY03LT said:
Cheapest I found was Americas best $79.99/night for Fri/Sat nights.
Americas Best Value Inn | Affordable Hotel @ 4125 North Front Street in Harrisburg PA

Sorry to say that the Hilton is booked. :frown:

It looks like Super8, Hampton Inn, and Comfort Suites still have rooms available. Hampton and Comfort is around $190 per night and Super 8 is about $85 per night which is only $5 more than Best Value Inn. All hotels are less than 3 miles away from the grounds. Super 8 wants the total right up front to reserve the room and if you cancel there is no refund. I am assuming because of the event going on.

What is everyone thinking Best Value or Super 8? When does the grounds close or does it go around the clock?

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Oops, off topic a little and probably covered elsewhere, but May03, how exactly does dual park work with the dual turn mod? And how much do your modded boards run?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dmanns67 said:
What is everyone thinking Best Value or Super 8? When does the grounds close or does it go around the clock?
Sounds like a good price. Never been to either of those so we'd have to go by reviews. Or something.

I remember getting kicked out around 9pm or so.

JamesL3 said:
Oops, off topic a little and probably covered elsewhere, but May03, how exactly does dual park work with the dual turn mod? And how much do your modded boards run?
PM sent my man.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I have a little project I will need help with at the show. I want to install some lighting inside the bed cap on my truck. Nothing difficult. I want to run a new power line from the battery to the back of the bed, install some switches, and hook up some LED strips. May.... bring your favorite strippers!!!

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
I wanna do the resonator delete/tail pipe reweld and the drl kill/quad light rewire plus the dual park mod... whats that gonna run me?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
RayGumm said:
I wanna do the resonator delete/tail pipe reweld
I can't help ya with that, sorry.

RayGumm said:
the drl kill/quad light rewire
If you do the EnvoyXL version, which kills DRLs and does quads in one shot, it's under $10.00.

RayGumm said:
dual park mod... whats that gonna run me?
I'm donating a pair to the site to raffle off, so you might get them for cheap. They go $110/shipped.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
If you do the EnvoyXL version, which kills DRLs and does quads in one shot, it's under $10.00.
Awesome I will be doing that. What do I need to bring?

MAY03LT said:
I'm donating a pair to the site to raffle off, so you might get them for cheap. They go $110/shipped.
Cool beans. So when and where is this raffle? How much are tickets?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
RayGumm said:
Awesome I will be doing that. What do I need to bring?
Just bring under $10 and I'll have what you need. It will be easier that way since I'm a stickler for using Tyco relays because Tyco rules. :wooot: .

RayGumm said:
Cool beans. So when and where is this raffle? How much are tickets?
We're still working on the deets, and it's a little tough because not everyone in our group has a TB (these only fit TBs).

Reactions: dmanns67

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Just bring under $10 and I'll have what you need. It will be easier that way since I'm a stickler for using Tyco relays because Tyco rules. :wooot: .

We're still working on the deets, and it's a little tough because not everyone in our group has a TB (these only fit TBs).
Awesome and awesome.

That being said, anyone else able to bring a welder? Or any ideas on using some other kind of temporary fixture on the tailpipe as I will likely be replacing it with a chrome tip soon after? I do not have a sawzall, but i do have a little hacksaw and lots of elbow grease. :smile:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
Awesome and awesome.

That being said, anyone else able to bring a welder? Or any ideas on using some other kind of temporary fixture on the tailpipe as I will likely be replacing it with a chrome tip soon after? I do not have a sawzall, but i do have a little hacksaw and lots of elbow grease. :smile:
No need for a welder or sawzall. You can remove the rear passenger tire and hack off the resonator with your hacksaw. Thats what I used, it took some time, but it will do the job.

If you want a rear exit exhaust setup, swing by AutoZone or Advanced Auto and pick up an 18" long straight exhaust pipe with 2-1/2" I.D. Also pick up a 2-1/2" exhaust clamp. The straight pipe will fit snugly into the stock exhaust and then use the exhaust clamp to hold it in place. I went with DC-Sport EX-1013 bolt-on stainless steel tip. 9" long with a 4" exit. Its made to fit 1.75" to 2.5" exhaust pipe.

9" length is perfect, the tip comes out to the start of my bumper cover. I do not like when exhaust tips stick out past the bumper cover.

I can post pics if you like so you can see what I am talking about. The whole setup should cost you around $35. Around $25 or so of that is just for the stainless steel exhaust tip.

Reactions: RayGumm and MAY03LT

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Really starting to look forward to this. I can bring my favorite WIRE stripper or the less than favorite one.

I really want to hear a resonator delete with the tailpipe coming out in basically the same spot. The one I heard at the mid-Atlantic meet last year was still under the body.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
As of today we have 4 people registered for Carlisle.

They select our position on the field based on the number of people that register by June 30th. As it stands I think we will be outside the gate at the end of the parking lot just past the Ford group with all the broke down rides.

Come on guys, we can do better than this.

If you register by June 30th Carlisle gives you 10% off. After June 30th you pay full price and you will have to pick up your stickers at the gate.

All members registered by June 30th will also receive a GMTNation decal at the show. Jman says so!

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Ghoster said:
As of today we have 4 people registered for Carlisle.

They select our position on the field based on the number of people that register by June 30th. As it stands I think we will be outside the gate at the end of the parking lot just past the Ford group with all the broke down rides.

Come on guys, we can do better than this.

If you register by June 30th Carlisle gives you 10% off. After June 30th you pay full price and you will have to pick up your stickers at the gate.

All members registered by June 30th will also receive a GMTNation decal at the show. Jman says so!
Maybe I am slow on the uptake, but do I just buy a day pass for the day I will be there? or do I need to buy the $50 non-judged show your vehicle pass?
I was only planning on buying the day pass for Saturday for me and the wife.. That's all I really had budgeted for.

Yeeeah I'm cheap. And broke. Goes hand in hand..

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
RayGumm said:
Maybe I am slow on the uptake, but do I just buy a day pass for the day I will be there? or do I need to buy the $50 non-judged show your vehicle pass?
I was only planning on buying the day pass for Saturday for me and the wife.. That's all I really had budgeted for.

Yeeeah I'm cheap. And broke. Goes hand in hand..
You can buy the day pass, but that will not get your truck on the field. You will have to park outside and walk in.

I may be wrong, but the day pass used to be $20 per person. So you could spend $40 for you and your wife for a day PLUS most of the parking has fees. OR you can spend $50 and park on the field and it includes admission for you and your wife.

At least that is how it has always worked.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ghoster said:
You can buy the day pass, but that will not get your truck on the field. You will have to park outside and walk in.
Speaking of parking, for those of us who have already, does Carlisle send something out in the mail for parking and tickets? I have not received anything yet. Do you just print out your confirmation email and show them at the gate?

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
My understanding is that they will do the sticker mailings after June 30th.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
A couple peeps in the maryland crew are posed to come out. I think one is registered and the other is trying to get his truck done before he commits.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
This is something I'd like to do sometime but this year just isn't going to work. I wouldn't be able to get there until very late Friday night and have to leave Saturday afternoon, and it is a nearly 6 hour drive.

Maybe next year...

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ghoster said:
Any one else signing up?
I am still on the fence, I would probably head up early in the morning and leave in the afternoon if I did come. Just need to figure out some things. Believe me, I definitely want to come.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Ghoster said:

I may be wrong, but the day pass used to be $20 per person. So you could spend $40 for you and your wife for a day PLUS most of the parking has fees. OR you can spend $50 and park on the field and it includes admission for you and your wife.

At least that is how it has always worked.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-truck-nationals/

The event pass (all 3 days) is $20/person. Since we are coming up for just Saturday, it would only be $10 per adult, $20 total. $50 for show registration is a big jump from the $20 I thought it was going to be. We will have to see... Still 11 days left for that discount/getting us a better spot...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-truck-nationals/

The event pass (all 3 days) is $20/person. Since we are coming up for just Saturday, it would only be $10 per adult, $20 total. $50 for show registration is a big jump from the $20 I thought it was going to be. We will have to see... Still 11 days left for that discount/getting us a better spot...
Its $45 total for two people and you will be able to park on the non-competition show field. I am probably only going for one day as well since the wife and I both work that Friday. We probably going to drive up Saturday morning and possibly stay in a hotel Saturday night and then drive back Sunday morning. Have not decided yet. Might just drive back Saturday night. All depends if i am still on 3rd shift or I get moved to 2nd shift.

jimmyjam said:
Make sure you drag Carlton along :yes:

Reactions: MAY03LT

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
if he wants to fly into DC i can pick him up when i get off the train. but you need to support that post monetarily for that to happen, carlton is cheap

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Good timing! Today is the last day to register and have it count towards our attendance numbers.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
I kind of messed up on this one—I have been super busy with school work. I just bought a ticket. Pissed that I missed the June 30 deadline, sorry guys

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
xtitan1 said:
I kind of messed up on this one—I have been super busy with school work. I just bought a ticket. Pissed that I missed the June 30 deadline, sorry guys
You could have still registered for the show field, you would not have received the $5 off though. At least you will be there though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xtitan1 said:
It's all good man. That's awesome that you're coming out :cool:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Got to order my ticket, still busy and travelling for work a lot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest