Carlisle ATN Aug 1-3, 2014......who's in?

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Ray I have your relay and harness here they are coming with me.

I can bring a swivel spark plug socket if you need it.
That would be awesome sir. Thanks!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
List of stuff to do to my TB @ the show:

Re-plastidip front passenger wheel. *someone* gave it curb rash 2 days after I dipped it. :hissyfit:

Change spark plugs (Will probably need to borrow someone's universal sockets unless I buy a set)

May03LT's $10 quad-hi beam/DRL kill mod

Install K&N Filter (Thanks Dmann!)

Install 9006 HID Low beams (Thanks again Dmann!)

Wow I just re-read my list. Damn I am needy :wink:

This gon be fun!
I took the K&N filter off of my TB dirty, I will have to clean and oil it before giving it to you. You can also have my extra cleaning solution and oil.

I will have to do some digging in the basement for the HIDs. They are still installed in my OE headlights, boxed up somewhere. They are Philips 9006 4300K HIDs. They have quite a few hours on them, but never had any issues.

They were kinda pricey when I bought them back in 2009, $269. They are still selling them at $200 though. If you ever change kits, Morimoto is the way to go and a better price at $150. Here is a link to the site, http://www.philipsxenon.com/chevrolet-c-360/chevrolet-xenon-lights-kit-by-philips-hid-p-1245

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
dmanns67 said:
I took the K&N filter off of my TB dirty, I will have to clean and oil it before giving it to you. You can also have my extra cleaning solution and oil.

I will have to do some digging in the basement for the HIDs. They are still installed in my OE headlights, boxed up somewhere. They are Philips 9006 4300K HIDs. They have quite a few hours on them, but never had any issues.

They were kinda pricey when I bought them back in 2009, $269. They are still selling them at $200 though. If you ever change kits, Morimoto is the way to go and a better price at $150. Here is a link to the site, http://www.philipsxenon.com/chevrolet-c-360/chevrolet-xenon-lights-kit-by-philips-hid-p-1245
Sweet action! I love GMTNation. Now I gotta figure out a way to pay it forward. Methinks I will be cooking a lot on saturday.. :smile:

Thanks Dmanns!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Hmmmm.......

decal.jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'll take that over sticky icky hot and humid. Some years we've roasted out there. I've never told anyone this before but I hate hot weather.

Also just to reiterate what ghoster said on page 4 don't forget to bring chairs. At one meet we did a while ago I forgot mine and it sucked. So this is also a reminder to myself.

Reactions: dmanns67

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The last two days have been beautiful here for getting my truck cleaned up. I am trying to at least wash of the big chunks of dirt and debris. The temp this morning when I went out to get started was 55 degrees!!! Lovin it!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yah today was a great day for cleaning. Tomorrow too. Of course by the time I get up there the truck will look like it never even happened lol

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
I will bring what tools I have. I can get other stuff like food if it's needed—just let me know. I will also try to remember to bring my soldering iron and inverter (although I haven't tried that combination yet, we'll see if it gets hot enough).

What time should I plan to show up and leave?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xtitan1 said:
I will bring what tools I have. I can get other stuff like food if it's needed—just let me know. I will also try to remember to bring my soldering iron and inverter (although I haven't tried that combination yet, we'll see if it gets hot enough).

What time should I plan to show up and leave?
Dude I'm glad you said something about an inverter - I still don't have one yet. Yours got my soldering gun hot enough to do the job. What day(s) you coming? And are you bringing anyone?.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
MAY03LT said:
Dude I'm glad you said something about an inverter - I still don't have one yet. Yours got my soldering gun hot enough to do the job. What day(s) you coming? And are you bringing anyone?.
I just assumed everyone was going on Saturday. Is everyone actually going for multiple days?

I'm planning on bringing my girlfriend. What times will people go there?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
We're rolling up on Friday, shooting for noon-ish. Leaving on Sunday. Most of the action is on Saturday. There's a list on the last page with days/number of peeps coming. We're getting up a head count to see how much food and stuff we need.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i'm 50/50 right now. completely exhausted, and I need to road test this thing a little before I dare to venture a couple thousand miles from home. one fan isn't coming on so its overheating, need to troubleshoot that and get some feel good miles clocked before I decide. i'm delirious right now

good news is it feels like its shifting properly. so i got that going for me, which is nice

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I was planning on arriving Saturday in between 8am and 9am. Was not sure how early everyone will be rolling in on Saturday. What time do the gates open, 7am?

Reactions: CaptainKD

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yeah the site says 7am. I'm never up that early so I can't vouch for it.

Jimmy I've been seeing your updates in the what did you do thread, you're definitely cutting it close. Hope you can make it. :cool:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
MAY03LT said:
Yeah the site says 7am. I'm never up that early so I can't vouch for it.

Jimmy I've been seeing your updates in the what did you do thread, you're definitely cutting it close. Hope you can make it. :cool:
Yeah I figured 7am would be early. I will just plan to shoot for between 8am and 9am. Might convoy up with RayGumm depending on when he is leaving Martinsburg Saturday morning.

Yeah I know, but have been busy the last couple weekends. It is going to rain here Thursday, so I have to wait until Friday to detail the exterior. Plus the bugs are bad around here at night and my front end and windshield are covered in only a couple days from driving to work at night. At least when I am done cleaning Friday, I can put the TB in the garage.

I work 3rd shift, so I will be off of work on Friday at 7am. Plenty of time to hit up the grocery and finish cleaning the exterior of the TB. I have a pressure washer at home and everything else I need to clean, so I am ready to go.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ugh... not going to make it. healthy amount of oil coming out of the rear main seal i think. its kinda funny, was totally expecting my home made remote oiling mods to leak, but those are working great... go figure...

have fun guys, take lots of pics. if I was closer I'd tow this thing there.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I hear ya on the bugs. I take a mini clean up kit with me which includes bug and tar remover just for those little bastids. On the field they have a mini clean up area (with hoses) straight down from gate three on the left. And there are regular self serve car washes in town.

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
I hear ya on the bugs. I take a mini clean up kit with me which includes bug and tar remover just for those little bastids. On the field they have a mini clean up area (with hoses) straight down from gate three on the left. And there are regular self serve car washes in town.
I'm leavin it as dirty as it gets on the drive up. I mean, half of what our trucks were designed for is offroading. Hell I may pull off somewhere and splash through some mud just for that 'freshly wheeled' look! :smile:

Reactions: MAY03LT and Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
I kinda wondered bout that, HAHA!
Somehow when I read May's post I thought it said "Jimmy and I" instead of "Jimmy I've" :duh:

RayGumm said:
I'm leavin it as dirty as it gets on the drive up. I mean, half of what our trucks were designed for is offroading. Hell I may pull off somewhere and splash through some mud just for that 'freshly wheeled' look! :smile:
Yeah same here. My TB has been my DD for the last 6 years, so I can only make it look so good.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Carlisle, PA weather. :sadcry:

Sat Aug 2
11.png
78°
64°
Light Rain

Chance of rain:
70%
Wind:
ENE at 7 mph

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
We've grilled under the tent before so no worries there.
Okie doke. We shall see.

Anyone have a banner or something to hang up at our site? I was gonna make a crude flag/banner thing with a sheet and some chevy orange engine spray paint. It will be awful. :smile:

Reactions: Mounce

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Last call for tools. I got everything that I need for Ray, BlackLT, and Ghoster. I might even have time to fix my B pillar at the show since I never seem to have the time here.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
dmanns67 said:
I will bring my Craftsman mechanic set and small toolbox. I have some corn hole boards I can bring if there is room to play.

Probably will be room.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Since I bought my ticket late, I assume I get it at a will call area?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86