Carlisle ATN Aug 1-3, 2014......who's in?

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
dmanns67 said:
You could have still registered for the show field, you would not have received the $5 off though. At least you will be there though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
This is what I got, it was $50:

2014 Carlisle Truck Nationals NON-COMPETITION Showfield
[Truck Nationals Trailer Parking:No Truck Nationals Trailer Parking Needed]
[Year:2006]
[Make:Chevrolet]
[Model:Trailblazer]
[Trim Lvl:LS]
[Truck Club:GMT NATION]

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Had plans to do Saturday, and was ready to buy my pass and everything. Then I was offered the chance to spend some time with my younger brother and to go offroading in western MD. Couldn't do both, maybe next year guys.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
For those who haven't seen it:

CARLISLE

Looks like we are on the same isle that we have been on in the past, however we don't have the end slot and we only have 10 reserved spots.

Reactions: dmanns67

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ugh... mopar guys... yuck

there is at least one guy from ssowners going with east coast supersport

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Just bought my NON-JUDGED show pass!! Woot!
Will be attending Saturday only.
Question: It said 'no shipping required'...
Will I just pick up my window sticker 'will call' style since I didn't order it before the end of June?

STOKED GUYS!!

Not I gotta order my plasti-dip for wheels and grille so my truck doesn't look like a complete hoopty at the show... :rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
Just bought my NON-JUDGED show pass!! Woot!
Will be attending Saturday only.
Question: It said 'no shipping required'...
Will I just pick up my window sticker 'will call' style since I didn't order it before the end of June?

STOKED GUYS!!

Not I gotta order my plasti-dip for wheels and grille so my truck doesn't look like a complete hoopty at the show... :rotfl:
That's awesome man. Mine said no shipping required as well and bought it back in May. They should mail it to you. I will be there for Saturday as well.

No need to order plast dip. Go to the paint section in Walmart here in Martinsburg. They sell black plast dip and plasti dip glossifier. I believe they are around $6.95 a can which is cheaper than ordering online.

Advanced Auto near Foxcroft, right next door to Lowes, carries plasti dip as well. Dont remember the price though.

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
dmanns67 said:
That's awesome man. Mine said no shipping required as well and bought it back in May. They should mail it to you. I will be there for Saturday as well.

No need to order plast dip. Go to the paint section in Walmart here in Martinsburg. They sell black plast dip and plasti dip glossifier. I believe they are around $6.95 a can which is cheaper than ordering online.

Advanced Auto near Foxcroft, right next door to Lowes, carries plasti dip as well. Dont remember the price though.
I was hoping to get a DYC 'exclusive color' - Charcoal, but I think I can settle for black. It's not too different.
Any other colors at Walmart or Advance/AutoZone you know of?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
I was hoping to get a DYC 'exclusive color' - Charcoal, but I think I can settle for black. It's not too different.
Any other colors at Walmart or Advance/AutoZone you know of?
I believe Walmart just has black, but Advanced had a variety of colors.

I also believe Home Depot offers a variety of colors as well. Not sure about Lowes.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
You will have to get your sticker outside gate 3 when you arrive. The date for a discount and having them mailed is over. But it's no big deal - not like when everyone had to stop there.

Reactions: MAY03LT

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Should we start a list of who is bringing what? This is my first time going, so are we allowed to bring grills, drinks, beers, etc or does everything have to be purchased on site? I can bring whatever, just need to know what is allowed and what we need.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
You can bring in grills/food/drinks. There's a walmarts not terribly far from there and that's where we've gone for stuff before.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
RayGumm said:
What's the rule on booze? (Responsibly, done, of course.. :wink: )
bring enough to share lol

theres a beer distributor nearby for refueling but they don't sell at grocery stores, just FYI

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Haha done and done. Hope y'all dont mind cheap swill. PBR is where it's at. Not too nasty while still pretty effin cheap.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The only things I can't bring are big coolers or a grill because no cargo area. I have a 20lb bag of paper plates I'm bringing and I'll get more stuff from walmarts when I'm up there.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
I can bring a grill n some burgers - but I'm probably only there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.

Anyone want to pick up some rolls, cheese, fix'ns?

****** Wait, 20 pounds of paper plates WTF - we probably only need 16 or 17#?!!********

And probably just some this n that. There's food vendors there but the more we have - the less we have to get scalped for!!!

Does anybody have a general idea of the total # of people coming - so I can get the bulk of the burgers here - I can always get more at walmart but grass fed beef is gooder!!

Holy crap just ramblin' here!
If anyone wants hotdogs - bring em n I'll grill them too. (or Delmonico's/NewYork strips/...!!!!)

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Are you bringing those super awesome burgers again? edit - reading > me. yay :wooot:

Yeah, 20lbs, I cleaned out my Y2K bunker the other day.

My gang is me the wife and the bubbus.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
It will just be the wife and I attending. We will get there Saturday morning and leave Saturday evening. I have plenty of cargo space and I can fold down the rear seats for added space.

I have a massive cooler that I have been able to load five plus cases of beer with ice. I can also bring the buns, cheese, chips, dips, and veggie trays.

We might as well start a list of who will be attending, who they will be bringing, and also what day. Names with questions marks showed interest in attending, but have not confirmed from what I have seen in this thread.

Does anyone know if there is guys from TBSSowners coming or do those guys have their own space?

1. Dmanns67 (Plus wife) Saturday Only
2. RayGumm
3. May03Lt
4. BlackLT
5. Ghoster
6. JimmyJam
7. Xtitan1
8. khoover
9. Mark20?
10. GrizzlyDippah?
11. Bill05EnvoySLT?
12. Smitty5150?
13. ssmedt?
14. IllogicTC?

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
dmanns67 said:
2. RayGumm
3. May03Lt
4. BlackLT
5. Ghoster
6. JimmyJam
7. Xtitan1
8. khoover
9. Mark20?
10. GrizzlyDippah?
11. Bill05EnvoySLT?
12. Smitty5150?
13. ssmedt?
14. IllogicTC?
That's me + the clan.. (wife and 3 kids. 5 PPL total) SATURDAY only.

I can bring a grill+charcoal too so we can have dueling grills. Same rule as BlackLT... you bring it, I can help grill it. As far as food I'll bring veggies for grillin', (squash, zucchini, broccoli, etc?), some of my infamous 'sauce' (ask dmanns.. :wink: ), a 10# bag of marinated chicken legs and thighs for grillin', and a watermelon.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I'm confused (but that is easy to do). Which ticket should I order. Don't want to judge the Envoy or Silverado.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mark20 said:
I'm confused (but that is easy to do). Which ticket should I order. Don't want to judge the Envoy or Silverado.
You want the non-competition showfield pass. Make sure you put GMTNation as the truck club.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dmanns67 said:
2. RayGumm (Plus wife and 3 kids) Saturday only)
3. May03Lt (Plus wife and kid) F-S-S
4. BlackLT
5. Ghoster
6. JimmyJam
7. Xtitan1
8. khoover
9. Mark20?
10. GrizzlyDippah?
11. Bill05EnvoySLT?
12. Smitty5150?
13. ssmedt?
14. IllogicTC?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i'll have a couple of coolers & beverages, some sausages for the grill

will be there friday, barring a train derailment

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
OK, I don't know what's wrong but I can't copy n paste.
I'll be there Fri afternoon, Sat, and maybe Sun.

Lightning never strikes twice!!!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I'm in for Saturday only.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dmanns67 said:
2. RayGumm (Plus wife and 3 kids) Saturday only)
3. May03Lt (Plus wife and kid) F-S-S
4. BlackLT F-S-maybe S
5. Ghoster
6. JimmyJam - be there Friday unless train derailment
7. Xtitan1
8. khoover
9. Mark20 Saturday only - might switch to Sunday for popping up reasons
10. GrizzlyDippah?
11. Bill05EnvoySLT?
12. Smitty5150?
13. ssmedt?
14. IllogicTC?
Updated list as of tonight.

Black LT said:
OK, I don't know what's wrong but I can't copy n paste.
I'll be there Fri afternoon, Sat, and maybe Sun.

Lightning never strikes twice!!!
Some peeps have had issues with the new forum software if they's using internet explorer. Just sayin, :cool:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I might have to switch to Sunday. Something else is popping up.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
OK, I can't seem to quote either.

Mark20 - you're not as far away as some. I'm not sure if you were at Carlisle before but if I had an option of half a day Saturday or all day Sunday - it'd be the half Saturday without question.
And others can chime in but I'd say less than 1/2 the people are there sun. and many of the vendors have packed up.

Definitely don't want to talk you out of Sunday if that's all ya can do - but I'd try to make Saturday work.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Most likely will show up, possibly the wife as well. What name are we under? Can't seem to find GMT Nation on the location sheet.

One more question, if I want to be on the grounds with my truck in our spot, then I need to buy the $50 pass, correct?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Black LT said:
Mark20 - you're not as far away as some. I'm not sure if you were at Carlisle before but if I had an option of half a day Saturday or all day Sunday - it'd be the half Saturday without question.
And others can chime in but I'd say less than 1/2 the people are there sun. and many of the vendors have packed up.

Definitely don't want to talk you out of Sunday if that's all ya can do - but I'd try to make Saturday work.
i'd say less than that, theres probably more people there friday evening than sunday morning

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Sorry I haven't been on guys, been sick. In fact, I am still not completely well. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the job and I will be good for the show. I am planning on bringing 2 medium sized coolers with ice and 5 cases of water. I am also bringing a 6 foot folding table and possibly, if I can find it, my 4 foot table.

Don't forget folding chairs if you have them.

Now if I could just find time to clean the truck!

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Bump...

mubai said:
Most likely will show up, possibly the wife as well. What name are we under? Can't seem to find GMT Nation on the location sheet.

One more question, if I want to be on the grounds with my truck in our spot, then I need to buy the $50 pass, correct?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
GMTN is "I" on the alphabetized list

yes its $50 to drive in

Reactions: mubai

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Black LT said:
OK, I can't seem to quote either.

I hear you on Sunday verses Saturday, and I've never been out there for the show.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
List of stuff to do to my TB @ the show:

Re-plastidip front passenger wheel. *someone* gave it curb rash 2 days after I dipped it. :hissyfit:

Change spark plugs (Will probably need to borrow someone's universal sockets unless I buy a set)

May03LT's $10 quad-hi beam/DRL kill mod

Install K&N Filter (Thanks Dmann!)

Install 9006 HID Low beams (Thanks again Dmann!)

Wow I just re-read my list. Damn I am needy :wink:

This gon be fun!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.