Banned or Invisible TrailVoy Members- Check in and tell us why

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Was looking up a picture for another purpose, and rediscovered this one I made last year. Still LOL.

tsa1.jpg

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
S.O.B just banned me today. reason: no reason specified date lifted: never
never got any warnings wtf damn was using that site for some of the led stuff since some of it's not here. i'm starting to think that they got spies over here damnit. :hissyfit:
O well this site is better and has better people Hooah:2thumbsup::wootwoot:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I am on global ignore and can't log in. Its fuckin retarded. I don't give a shit tho. Better people here. Vertical scope and mods can suck a fat one.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
gcacace1289 said:
S.O.B just banned me today. reason: no reason specified date lifted: never
never got any warnings wtf
Sort of proves they lied when they said they didn't mind if people were members of both sites as long as their site wasn't being used to recruit members away.

All Vertical Scope can hold hostage is POSTS. They're never going to kill/delete those hostages because they need the Google presence to PROVE to gullible advertisers that they bought a thriving community. Their scam depends on the existence of clueless, gullible advertisers who believe the VS lies about active eyeball numbers.

What they did to you with no provocation was purely evil.

Shame on Vertical Scope. Now you know the truth.

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
the roadie said:
Sort of proves they lied when they said they didn't mind if people were members of both sites as long as their site wasn't being used to recruit members away.

All Vertical Scope can hold hostage is POSTS. They're never going to kill/delete those hostages because they need the Google presence to PROVE to gullible advertisers that they bought a thriving community. Their scam depends on the existence of clueless, gullible advertisers who believe the VS lies about active eyeball numbers.

What they did to you with no provocation was purely evil.

Shame on Vertical Scope. Now you know the truth.

O well. this site is better anyway. better people and more knowledge. :thumbsup::wootwoot:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
yes that's right I went to go check out trailvoy today and when I brought the page up it first told me that my password was 503 days old and therefore expired. Then when I clicked the link to fix it I got this message:
You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

So now TV can go screw themselves. I do know that there was a reason for the ban not that they want to admit that they were going through my private messages. because I had made posts that if people wanted to know where everybody went to PM me. A few people did PM me so I gave them the info for here as best I could with VS's filtering. So i figure that they went through my private messages. like many others have said this site is way better anyways.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry to hear that. I think the admin doesn't have time to go through EVERYBODY's PMs, but the few traitors over there are fast to report disloyal posts. And then that post leads the admin to your PMs and that's that. It's like if you have "impure thoughts" the thought police are going to swoop in and arrest you.

Actually, how many PMs can really be sent every day over there, with no meets, hardly any friendships being cultivated, and nothing like stickers being sold.

The best way to remain stealthy is to not post, just PM the noobs and clue them in.

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
Unbelieveably, I'm still not banned.. and still have my plat membership. I thought it would have expired by now, and there shouldn't be any recurring payments at all.
All that, even when I changed my signature to advertise gmtnation, and trying to message newbies in the first few days of the exodus.

Now that I've posted that here, let's see if I'm not banned tomorrow. Haha..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
They will try to take recurring payments FOREVER if you don't get them turned off.

Is there ANY activity in the Plat section?

I feel so bad for noobs on the "newest supporting member" list over there. What a waste of $$ to give Vertical Scope a single PENNY extra, they so don't deserve it.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
They never removed my Plat pill either. I guess they want people to think that even members who are "no longer with us" support their cause. :rolleyes:

View attachment 23441

Attachments

• btss.JPG
    btss.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 195

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Me banned forever? I doubt it:cool:...I'm gonna take my son's ipod to my friends house and open a new account. I'll be smart about it and recruit some noobs. These people deserve to know about us over here. GMTNation is the Better place to belong, period! I have the perfect user name but I won't mention it here in case there are some spys:undecided:? Ha Ha, and after they figure that out and I get banned again I'll use my daughter's ipod at another friends house. :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
every time I make an account I get banned. what did I do...NOTHING!! F**kers!! They want people to join but band people for no reason. IF they had balls they would state reasons for there bands...so if the TV people are reading this, grow some balls and state some reason and let them know whats going on and the reason for it not just band people for no reason just because they joined! stupid!!! :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The owners of trailvoy have a "catch-all" rule that anybody can be banned at any time for any reason, without right of appeal. Pretty standard. So there's no fighting them on that front.

As a profit-mongering business, they're trying to protect their asset that they paid good money for. They see a shrinkage of membership base as a "bad thing", so they try to protect it. Problem is, no reasonable volunteer mod is going to play their unpaid minion if they understand the slavery they've just signed up for. So all they can get for mods are crazies or numbnuts who don't understand they're being exploited for peanuts. The Vertical Scope parasitical business model breaks down if their PAID admins have to micromanage their forums. But who in their right mind would be an unpaid mod over there, knowing that they could never share a beer with any of us at a meet, for instance. They'd be Lords of Nothing, if they were the type of person who wanted to be a mod just to have the Power of Ban for their resume.

If you guys talk too much while their spies are lurking here, it will become harder to educate the noobs.

Much better to contribute more technical articles here so the noobs won't see trailvoy first in a search.

Now get crackin'!! :wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
framedforlife said:
I have been officially banned over there I have the "No Longer With Us" tag.
The lie, of course. Too chickenshit to say the word "banned" because then the rabble start getting suspicious. And too greedy for membership count to actually remove the banned and inactive ones.

If Vertical Scope actually went to the advertisers and told the truth about many of their desolate sites, that they might have 100,000 member names but only a dozen of them post more than 3 times before giving up on the site in disgust, their revenue would drop like the boat anchor it resembles.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I too got banned.

To get back into their forum, just change your IP address. Google it and you'll be able to make a new account.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well I think its about time to get the same title. Maybe after work i'll work on it.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
the roadie said:
So all they can get for mods are crazies or numbnuts who don't understand they're being exploited for peanuts.

HEY!!! Dont lump those crazies in the same category as me. :hissyfit:

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
the roadie said:
OK, how about my SECOND favorite term for Trailvoy mods: BOFG. (Named after a Toronto punk band whose full name is "Bunch Of &!#?{%^ Goofs")

That one sounds just abount perfect :biggrin:

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
Banned for being to smart :rolleyes:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Just tried to go over and do a little more recruiting and looks like I'm officially banned :raspberry:
"You have been banned for the following reason:
Still trying
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

What the frig does "Still Trying" mean? lol
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐Vertical Scope

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Just tried to go over and do a little more recruiting and looks like I'm officially banned :raspberry:
Still trying

Still trying to figure why they pissed us off?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Still trying

Still trying to actually help people?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Me007gold said:
Still trying to actually help people?
When did VS start trying to do that? :confused:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BO TIE SS said:
When did VS start trying to do that? :confused:

Never... He meant the reason for getting banned, was because he was trying to help people. :yes: :biggrin:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Never... He meant the reason for getting banned, was because he was trying to help people. :yes: :biggrin:
Yeah, I read it out of context. My bad. :redface:

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
I surfed through the OS yesterday on a whim. First time I had been there for a few months. Read a couple threads about people asking help for the typical GMT360 quirks.

This was my reaction as I read a few of those threads and the advice that was given.

Attachments

• Raisins_Face.jpg
    Raisins_Face.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 10

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well it finally happened to me.
Some jackwad turned me in for offering help and the address to GMTNation.com.
I only sent PM's.
You have been banned for the following reason:
Reported Violating Site Rules. Still trying.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are some poisonous shallow-thinkers who think a for-profit site is "better" in some way than a non-profit enthusiast site.

Poor deluded souls.

I seem to lose a shill every time I piss on that third rail. I lost one today as well. But about 350 PMs got sent off before that happened. :raspberry:

lairdt

Dec 12, 2012
Yep... I think I got a PM "over there" on the 20th and the 22nd, even though I was already here. :rotfl:

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
Jk i didn't get banned.
The site is boring tho... reminds me of a ghost town.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Someone sent me an invite so I reported it......to the department of coolness.:cool:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ghost said:
The site is boring tho... reminds me of a ghost town.
My phrase exactly. :wink: Zero responses to intro threads. Zero coordination of meets or Carlisle. Spotty responses to technical questions. No merchandise. No mods. (How can they POSSIBLY call themselves a forum without mods?!? Just jackboot thug part-time admins who need to read PMs to catch the next jailbreak.) Noobs need to learn about this place. The honest trailblazer & envoy forum.

lairdt said:
Yep... I think I got a PM "over there" on the 20th and the 22nd, even though I was already here. :rotfl:
It happens. :redface: Better to send one invite too many than one too few. :cool:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
How much would it cost to get some ads, like we complained about, to populate their site? :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Wooluf1952 said:
How much would it cost to get some ads,...
I know you're joking, but for the benefit of others ..... paying them a dime for ad placement would unjustly enrich them THE SAME WAY that people do when they answer questions back there. Yes, it helps the noobs, but it also helps Vertical Scope who don't deserve it. Better to ONLY use PMs to invite the noobs over here. Posting an answer in public enriches their post count and Google footprint. We don't want to think of members as a monetized asset to be bought like Rob Laidlaw does. That's pure evil.

If noobs find us, fine. We outreach when we can, safely, without losing accounts we may value. In the long run, their business model should be bankrupt. Except for forums full of sheep who can't think more than one level deep.

Oh, was I on my soapbox yet again? :redface: Sorry. :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Dead thread revival! :rotfl:

Clicking through the oil filter thread trail, came across a remote oil filter mod that was posted on the OS. I know I have been on invisible status since the mass exodus years ago, but as of some time in the last month or so, I've been officially banned. :confused: I've been back there occasionally, from links in older threads here, guess someone got bored and decided to swing their ban hammer around to entertain themselves? I had a shill, but can't remember what it was. Can't even "log out" and view the site as a guest.

Reactions: Mounce

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Use the incognito mode on Chrome. Its what I do. Its either that, or clear your cookie cache.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.