Banned or Invisible TrailVoy Members- Check in and tell us why

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Said you was logged in on ther about 2 hours ago, i do the same but now im arguing with some dumbass that is sticking up for all the ads on the site and i argued thismorning with the same douchebag on a totally diff thread

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
ghenny440 said:
... im arguing with some dumbass that is sticking up for all the ads on the site and i argued thismorning with the same douchebag on a totally diff thread
You have to ask what's the motivation of any senior members who stayed behind? Did they want to be a big frog in a very small pond? They admire the parasitical and Communistic business model of VS and shun the freedom-loving enthusiast-owned site business model that we enjoy? They want to gain the admiration of the noobs for knowing ANYTHING about the platform?

It's all about the COMMUNITY. We have one. They don't. We value it. They don't. We have a mission to help noobs. They don't.

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
Did you get the memo about the new site?
You might have wondered how trailvoy got to be so high on Google, with over a million posts and thousands of members, but almost nobody's posting any more.

It's because the third owners of the site (after it was started and grew under the ownership of Trailblazer-owning enthusiasts) are a profit-focused corporation from Toronto called Vertical Scope, who scoop up motorsport-related sites, ignore the embedded community volunteers, and force more and more intrusive ads in the member's faces.

In early December, the ENTIRE volunteer staff started a new site in protest to this parasitical business model, and Vertical Scope banned us all. They edited almost all references to the Great Exodus, and censor any mention of the new site's name unless we embed spaces in the name of the new site: g m t n a t i o n . c o m

You will also see the coy phrase "No longer with us" instead of "banned" in the profiles of most of the prolific posters who made the trailvoy community what it was. Including the #1 poster and technical volunteer: T h e R o a d i e

In case you were wondering where everyone went, we come back when we can to make sure stragglers get the invitation to come join the new site. You will find the culture as it was, with organized meets, fast answers to technical questions, and real activity. Not this ghost town.

Please consider joining up and checking us out. And understand we were only forced to do this after over a year of trying and failing to work with Vertical Scope to keep the community alive.

This profile may only last a few hours since Vertical Scope staff read even PMs to try to stifle word getting out about the truth. But if it wasn't for the ads, they would have no interest in you members. They absolutely don't care about the community and helping newbies get answers to their urgent questions. That's a darn shame.

Just don't talk about this in public unless you're willing to risk getting banned yourself.

LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup:

lint

Dec 4, 2011
I haven't been banned ,but someone sent me a private massage, and I had a couple more old messages . I was going to reply to the guy who asked about my springs and 2 hr.after receiving his message . all my messages were deleted . I didn't delete them.

bravader

Apr 2, 2012
I guess i'm not banned there,but earlier every time I went to their site it would load. And less then a second after it loaded an all black screen would come up. I refreshed the page several times,even closed the browser and restarted it and still got black screen. Then I used a proxy and the site loaded so I thought for sure I had been banned,but I guess not as their site is working for me now.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
That would be the miserable user's group... you made it onto someone's list. PM the staff here for details on how to get around that... and other secrets of the trade over there that will prolong your efforts.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
lint said:
I haven't been banned ,but someone sent me a private massage, and I had a couple more old messages . I was going to reply to the guy who asked about my springs and 2 hr.after receiving his message . all my messages were deleted . I didn't delete them.

Did the same to me, then removed all of my privileges.

Jman423 said:
That would be the miserable user's group... you made it onto someone's list. PM the staff here for details on how to get around that... and other secrets of the trade over there that will prolong your efforts.

I think they put me in Limbo, I have no privileges whatsoever, but I have not been officially banned, no longer with us, etc. I also seen someone post something under my username a few weeks back.

bravader

Apr 2, 2012
Kind of reminds me of the grandamgt.com vs AED rivalry lol. On grandamgt.com you would be banned for even mentioning AED. The owners of grandamgt were childish and let their favorites get away with murder. Meanwhile banning newbies for defending themselves in an argument. I was banned a few times there lol for defending myself against old timers. Now I am pleased to see the site slowly dying,you still got people searching the site but rarely any real good posting LOL. Bet you they will they hadn't ran away so many people.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Blckshdw said:
You sure it wasn't just a warning? I can still see you (so you're not on Global Ignore like I am) and your status hasn't changed under your avatar yet.

Advertising as main goal here - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

What's funny about that clown that's over there protecting the mothership... he seems to suggest that WE are the ones over there posting. What he obviously doesn't understand is that while we are there leeching for people to truly help, we've said what we need to say about Stew and his cronies. The people that ARE posting about their negative opinion of the site are genuine new members that see the writing on the wall.

I hope he is a better EMT than he is a truck guru... if only for the sake of the public.

Badgerfan1181

Apr 2, 2012
Tried to log into Trailvoy to post links to here but it said there was no account under this email.... funny same email for every forum ever :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Badgerfan1181 said:
but it said there was no account under this email.... funny same email for every forum ever :undecided:

Me too

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
That was fast. I replied to a question about a meet up and got banned for saying we are planing a meet if they wanted to join in. I guess they don't like people getting together and plotting on what mods to do next.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What childish asshats they are. They're not managing any meets, so they're going to thwart members who want to get together anyway? More proof (as if any is needed) that they are not in it for the members, only the advertising bucks. They buy communities to suck them dry like the parasites they are, not nurture them when they're sick.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I still have my account over there, but never really use it. I've logged on a few times when we had to change the water pump and remove the broken bolts from the engine block. Other than that, I try and stay away from the drama infested place.

I tried to recruit someone once, and got my ass handed to me by the person I was trying to recruit. I was told that they love it over there and that the site was not dying and still very much alive, only that it appeared to be in such bad condition because they want us to think that *Rolling eye's"

Their full of shit over there, can't admit defeat, and well....I think the person I tried to recruit might have been a mod playing "new account" over there to make it appear there are more people than there really is.

I don't want to burn all my bridges over there completely, as there is really good info still there, albeit old and from many of the people already here, but I don't want to be more of a burden here than what I already am.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
I still have my account over there, but never really use it. I've logged on a few times when we had to change the water pump and remove the broken bolts from the engine block. Other than that, I try and stay away from the drama infested place.

I tried to recruit someone once, and got my ass handed to me by the person I was trying to recruit. I was told that they love it over there and that the site was not dying and still very much alive, only that it appeared to be in such bad condition because they want us to think that *Rolling eye's"

Their full of shit over there, can't admit defeat, and well....I think the person I tried to recruit might have been a mod playing "new account" over there to make it appear there are more people than there really is.

I don't want to burn all my bridges over there completely, as there is really good info still there, albeit old and from many of the people already here, but I don't want to be more of a burden here than what I already am.

It's been said before, if a question hasn't been asked HERE before, ask away. It helps build the data bank here.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Congrats on joining the Global Ignore crew! :tiphat:

That was my second account, First time around they read my PMs.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
I don't want to burn all my bridges over there completely, as there is really good info still there
I'm not suggesting that anyone burn any bridges, but just remember...
1) You don't have to be a member on the OS to use the search feature and look up info.
2) Most of the info on the OS was written by people who are now here. So....

Short Bus said:
if a question hasn't been asked HERE before, ask away. It helps build the data bank here.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
I'm not suggesting that anyone burn any bridges, but just remember...
1) You don't have to be a member on the OS to use the search feature and look up info.
2) Most of the info on the OS was written by people who are now here. So....

I didn't burn my bridge with the OS, I blew that mother fu**er up.

Really to me it is now just another site. This is my internet home (at least vehicle related). I could not ask for a better group of friends.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
blazinlow89 said:
I didn't burn my bridge with the OS, I blew that mother fu**er up.

Really to me it is now just another site. This is my internet home (at least vehicle related). I could not ask for a better group of GearHeads/Post whores.

FIXED!

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
hhmm guess it was my turn to get banned.. went to log in and it says my pw is 12 days expired ..and click on the button to renew and it says banned ..and i can never come back..lmao

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I burned that damn bridge as soon as I got the green light.

GMTNations #1 Recruiter

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011

Firebear

Jun 14, 2012
Well im sure after i post this that something will happen to my account over there but i found this interesting;

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Firebear said:
Well im sure after i post this that something will happen to my account over there but i found this interesting;

Ehh, I doubt it.... Gonna take a much harder poke at the comatose bear to provoke a reaction.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Firebear said:
I'm sure your account is safe. From what I've seen, there's very little activity over there. They only seem to be interested in keeping posts off their site which mention this one. Not what we're posting over here.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
navigator said:
the owners must have stopped paying them.

Paying them what? Delusional thoughts from Fantasy Island.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They were not knowledgeable

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are two sets of folks with power over there. Paid admins, Vertical Scope staff members based in Toronto. And volunteer moderators. Plus a few misguided ones who answer technical questions not understanding they're enriching a profit-driven foreign operation.

The paid staff are tasked with keeping tabs on as many as 50-70 forums EACH, and about all they can do (like Sgt. Shultz on Hogans Heroes) is blow a whistle if they notice a jailbreak.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
They have been very inactive ever since I sent that email bitching out VS about the new mods. Never heard anything back and got myself put into the "miserable" user group.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I wonder what I could do to get banned from there:undecided:.

Maybe I'll post ajoke:poke:over there! :poke: !

What do you call a guy with no arms and legs, in a pot on your stove??

Stew:crackup::crackup:!!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
the roadie said:
Plus a few misguided ones who answer technical questions....

You mean those copy/paste technicians who are trying to save the site? Going off of what I've seen in the past two months, I'm surprised that ignition switches aren't on national backorder.:rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I got band from that site again!! Lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online