Aarkon's Build Thread

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
No actually im still waiting on all four new halos they will be white also thats the last thing ive been waiting on all week

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
No actually im still waiting on all four new halos they will be white also thats the last thing ive been waiting on all week
Thats it? Everything aligned and ready to go? I cannot wait to see these bad boys installed.

Reactions: Aarkon

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Aarkon said:
Well not aligned yet wanting to get the rest done first
If you have your bulbs, ballasts and relay harnesses, I would put them on the truck (without bezels and lenses of course) and just double check. Alignment should be the top priority, since that's what you'll see every time you drive at night. :twocents:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Blckshdw said:
If you have your bulbs, ballasts and relay harnesses, I would put them on the truck (without bezels and lenses of course) and just double check. Alignment should be the top priority, since that's what you'll see every time you drive at night. :twocents:
"SHOULD" be.. Unless ur going for looks bc you don't drive much at night like Ryan.. Lol. [emoji13]

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I was talking to Aaron about my experience with this PS, the yellow and green cables on mine did not appear to work. (I never took a meter to them, just hooked them up randomly to LEDs or projector high beam solenoids) There is also an older generation cell phone power connector on it, which is more or less useless. So I opened up that junction box to remove the cell phone cable. While I was in there, I desoldered the green and yellow connectors from their spot on the circuit board, and resoldered them to the same point as the red and black ones. That gave me 3 pairs of power/ground connections to use at my disposal. Very handy. :twocents:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Blckshdw said:
I was talking to Aaron about my experience with this PS, the yellow and green cables on mine did not appear to work. (I never took a meter to them, just hooked them up randomly to LEDs or projector high beam solenoids) There is also an older generation cell phone power connector on it, which is more or less useless. So I opened up that junction box to remove the cell phone cable. While I was in there, I desoldered the green and yellow connectors from their spot on the circuit board, and resoldered them to the same point as the red and black ones. That gave me 3 pairs of power/ground connections to use at my disposal. Very handy. :twocents:
Ya ive been thinking of pulling some of those wires myself

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Well I screwed up im not even done with my first project and already bought stuff for my next one

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Aarkon said:
Well I screwed up im not even done with my first project and already bought stuff for my next one
Dude, stop being a tease. You are almost done, what did you mess up?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Nothing yet everything is good just need the halos and the new switchbacks[emoji106] what I meant by mess up is I just went out and bought the matchbox Morimotos[emoji33]
How is that messing up? Thats a good thing in my book. That way you can post your step by step process on doing the retro on your fogs so I can do mine next :biggrin:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
How is that messing up? Thats a good thing in my book. That way you can post your step by step process on doing the retro on your fogs so I can do mine next [emoji3]
Its extra money I shouldn't spend haha but I will for sure get the progress along the way might take a while though not much free time these days

Reactions: dmanns67

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1412442063013.jpg
Just thought id share that if you ever want to take your fog lights apart I used the bake method on my stock ones even though these are not the ones im using for the retrofit nor the ones on my truck now im gonna do a side project for fun on these but its odd how they are sealed originally it seems as though they where just melted together but I just used a flat head screwdriver to pry them around the edges and it came apart perfectly clean

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Blckshdw said:
That looks promising :thumbsup:
Just finished cutting the other one now I have to decide what color to do cause I only have purple leds and now im thinking of the ones we where talking about to fit and be even but I still kinda want white cause I doubt ill keep these its just something to do on my one day off while I watch tv haha I really do need help[emoji14]

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
The ones where basically aligned when I put them on only the driver side was off really

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1412561983119.jpg
Also forgot to post that the Davos and the boards to go in them got painted and turned out great just need the smd leds now

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Not sure yet I randomly got on ebay lastnight and won a bid with 3 mins left of an assortment for 2.27 so im gonna test them all and see what I like I won't be keeping them anyways uploadfromtaptalk1412562649316.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Is that a Matchbox I see? :cool:

You'll have to give us a review on how bright those silicone covered switchback strips are. :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Aarkon

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Is that a Matchbox I see? :cool:

You'll have to give us a review on how bright those silicone covered switchback strips are. :yes:
Yep they are the matchboxs they are really tiny but I dont like the eyelids at all and as for these tubes they are ok not super bright though and really slow on switching back and forth luckily I only need the circuit board out of one ill have to find something else to do with the rest of themuploadfromtaptalk1412629624869.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412629634523.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
You shall prevail brother :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online