Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Taps hates you..... Lol

Reactions: dmanns67 and Aarkon

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Aarkon said:
Ive given up I hate tapatalk no matter what I do its sideways
i find that if i try to take a pic from inside the app it does that. if i take a pic regular then go to tapatalk and attach it from the gallery it seems to work better.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
jimmyjam said:
i find that if i try to take a pic from inside the app it does that. if i take a pic regular then go to tapatalk and attach it from the gallery it seems to work better.
Thats exactly what I do I even went in and rotated it the opposite way it flips and it still flipped it 180degrees
Technology hates me

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Your first upright pic from Taps Ryan, so proud lol

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Already popped open the new fogs even easier than my stock ones if anyone is going to do custom fogs by the spyder ones they are priced well and are sealed lightly with cleaner lenses

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414122131527.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414122131527.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 28

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Already popped open the new fogs even easier than my stock ones if anyone is going to do custom fogs by the spyder ones they are priced well and are sealed lightly with cleaner lenses
Nice. So whats going in, the matchbox projectors or the LED panel you made up?

I am running the Spyders now. Unfortunately, I have to buy another set this spring as they have fogged up. I even sealed them with clear silicone.

Reactions: Aarkon

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Nice. So whats going in, the matchbox projectors or the LED panel you made up?

I am running the Spyders now. Unfortunately, I have to buy another set this spring as they have fogged up. I even sealed them with clear silicone.
The ones I just bought are for the projectors im hoping to be able to test them tomorrow the first set is the leds but im waiting for the other smds I ordered to get in but once they are built im not sure what ill do with them since the projectors will be done first

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
The ones I just bought are for the projectors im hoping to be able to test them tomorrow the first set is the leds but im waiting for the other smds I ordered to get in but once they are built im not sure what ill do with them since the projectors will be done first
I was hoping you would say that. Cant wait to see our fogs with projectors. I have been itching to do this mod since I got my headlight retro.

I think you might be the first to retro our stock fog lights.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Aarkon

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Well just holding them up to my fogs I think they will just barely clear the lense but im hoping it wont melt it otherwise it wont be as simple and ill have to chop up the back of the light

Reactions: BHAMER and dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you're running 35W bulbs, I think you'll be fine as long as the projector lens doesn't touch the main one. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :yes:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Aarkon,

Are you using tapatalk to post...my neck's getting sore looking at the pics. :rotfl:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Aarkon

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Why do I always get the craving for tacos when Ryan posts pics? :raspberry:

Looks like you've got some trimming to do there. Hope there's enough reflector bowl to still hold onto it after you gut the thing.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Dont judge me maybe its a new trend to post them sideways and im just ahead of the curve

And ya Carlton it needs quit a bit of trimming the only problem is the mounting I may make a custom bracket if I can find the time for now im thinking of other ways of doing it I was gonna heat the lense and shape it but realized I wont be able to cover the whole gap then I thought about just buying a sheet of plexiglass but im still not quit sure

Reactions: Matt and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Well this should be interesting
Looks like if you have to trim the backside of the fog light, you will also have to do some trimming on the bumper cover and come up with another mounting bracket.

**Edit: Too slow. Interesting idea to make a new lens for the fog light.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Looks like if you have to trim the backside of the fog light, you will also have to do some trimming on the bumper cover and come up with another mounting bracket.

**Edit: Too slow. Interesting idea to make a new lens for the fog light.
Well ive just put a little thought into extending the front of the housing since its recessed into the bumper it may not look to bad but since I dont have my truck atm I cant tell for sure

Edit: I was typing before I saw this but about four years ago I made a lense for a friends concord and it was clearer and better than stock only tools I had was a sheet of plexiglass and hot coals from the fireplace turned out great always wanted to do it again but im leaning on extending the housing more

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Well ive just put a little thought into extending the front of the housing since its recessed into the bumper it may not look to bad but since I dont have my truck atm I cant tell for sure

Edit: I was typing before I saw this but about four years ago I made a lense for a friends concord and it was clearer and better than stock only tools I had was a sheet of plexiglass and hot coals from the fireplace turned out great always wanted to do it again but im leaning on extending the housing more
Extending the lens sounds like a better option that cutting up the fog light and bumper cover. Good point, the fog light is recessed into out bumper, so extending the lens might actually make the lens flush with the bumper.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Extending the lens sounds like a better option that cutting up the fog light and bumper cover. Good point, the fog light is recessed into out bumper, so extending the lens might actually make the lens flush with the bumper.
Thats what im hoping and since im painting it all black im still gonna just pick up some plexiglass

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That looks sick Ryan! I may have hit you up if I decide to add some OE fog lights to mine

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Anytime bud

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
That looks sick Ryan! I may have hit you up if I decide to add some OE fog lights to mine
Same here! Kinda interested in seeing how your Led fogs turn out as well.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Sorry I havent updated recently I had a bunch of crap going on and still do I also had too wait a long time for the right bulbs to come in so ive had them ready to test and line up for over a week now just haven't had the time but now Carltons thread made me want to update and get he's fogs up and running soon so I will try and get them done by the end of the month

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415766576747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415766576747.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415766609219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415766609219.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 33

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I see what you mean now. I am sure the projector would stick out past the bumper cover.
Ya so I think im also gonna cut the other one but will be able to make it cleaner since its the second set

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wow, those Matchboxes take up a lot more real estate than I thought they would. You'll have to get creative to seal up the back end, but it should be doable. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online