4.2 Envoy Turbo Build

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Looks and sounds good!

Now you can actually tune it, was lean at idle and under PE/boost (13.8). Gotta get dyno time to dial this in, doable on the street but it's worth it to spend a few hours on the dyno and get it done quickly. :biggrin:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
kjkim93 said:
sooooo Is it done is it done is it done???? :biggrin: :rotfl::rotfl::biggrin:

hahaha pretty much! Just need to put the new tuned pcm in from limequat and then order 2 gauges to take the place of where the stereo deck used to be. I am just having a tough time finding buyers for 3 glowshift gauges lol

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Very nice build!! Haven't had time to read the whole thing, but I hope like hell you gave thought to your stock internals when you go to dial in boot levels! WOW!
Or have a spare block or two laying around lol!!..... been there, blown up my share of shit!:thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Tiggerr said:
Very nice build!! Haven't had time to read the whole thing, but I hope like hell you gave thought to your stock internals when you go to dial in boot levels! WOW!
Or have a spare block or two laying around lol!!..... been there, blown up my share of shit!:thumbsup:

thank you! and I thought about this so long I was sick of thinking about - thinking about it haha! Should be great up to 10 psi but I have no plans (as of now-next year) to experiment beyond that psi of boost.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
gboos said:

haha I wish I had time to sleep or read the paper while drinking coffee.. work has been super busy (both day and night jobs) and I am trying to make time friday if it stops raining to swap in the newest tuned loaner pcm. drove it to work today though on the old setup and still runs good enough to drive
Pics from the only sunny day last week:
View attachment 29249
View attachment 29250
View attachment 29251

Attachments

• DSC_0014_resized.jpg
    DSC_0014_resized.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20130625_050819_resized.jpg
    IMG_20130625_050819_resized.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0008_resized.jpg
    DSC_0008_resized.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 178

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
What a masterpiece :thumbsup:. Best Voy I have ever seen. I love how the intercooler is right there in your face.

You should add some red and blue strobes to the daily driver. Traffic will move right out of your way so you should never be late to work :yes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
dmanns67 said:
You should add some red and blue strobes to the daily driver. Traffic will move right out of your way so you should never be late to work :yes:

'til the real popo sees :popo: :eek: :suicide:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
What a masterpiece :thumbsup:. Best Voy I have ever seen. I love how the intercooler is right there in your face.

thank you for the compliment! I am just happy I can drive it I was really worried for a month when I couldnt get it to fire up.

as for the DD... put red / blue lights on it....like this lol?
I have a speaker/siren still as well...and the stereo system from the envoy got put in it too.

I never use them on the road but it is funny to have the lights equipped. the left lane is ALWAYS open on the highway any way haha

[video=youtube;GEND1tT6jqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEND1tT6jqw[/video]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice. :thumbsup: I am surprised they sold it with the lights on there or did you add them?

I wish the left lane was always open around here. It seems like all the drivers who like to roll 65mph in a 70 are always in that lane :banghead: Its ok though, my PCM tune assists me in getting to work on time :yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Nice. :thumbsup: I am surprised they sold it with the lights on there or did you add them?

I wish the left lane was always open around here. It seems like all the drivers who like to roll 65mph in a 70 are always in that lane :banghead: Its ok though, my PCM tune assists me in getting to work on time :yes:
'
They left the siren and spot light but I added the blue and reds :biggrin: and NIIICE! how is that tune doing? what shift setting and options did you have tuned?

Its sooo much fun to see people fly by me and then slam on their brakes...I know that terrible sick stomach feeling that they have thinking they are getting pulled over...I felt that all the time in the envoy :crackup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
'
They left the siren and spot light but I added the blue and reds :biggrin: and NIIICE! how is that tune doing? what shift setting and options did you have tuned?

Its sooo much fun to see people fly by me and then slam on their brakes...I know that terrible sick stomach feeling that they have thinking they are getting pulled over...I felt that all the time in the envoy :crackup:

Yeah I know that feeling all too well. I am sure everyone is scared to pass you on the highway. Tune is great, wish I would have made that my first mod. I had it tuned for shift firmness 2, rev limiter increased to 6k, speed limiter removed, 80% torque management removed, aftermarket CAI, and exhaust.

I think increasing the rev limiter, removing torque management, and increasing the shift firmness made the biggest difference in performance. Everything else was left stock. I am very impressed, felt like I was driving a new TB.

I have yet to see what it is like having the speed limiter removed. I do not think I have even been over 100mph, so I am not sure what the stock speed limiter was set at.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Yeah I know that feeling all too well. I am sure everyone is scared to pass you on the highway. Tune is great, wish I would have made that my first mod. I had it tuned for shift firmness 2, rev limiter increased to 6k, speed limiter removed, 80% torque management removed, aftermarket CAI, and exhaust.

I think increasing the rev limiter, removing torque management, and increasing the shift firmness made the biggest difference in performance. Everything else was left stock. I am very impressed, felt like I was driving a new TB.

I have yet to see what it is like having the speed limiter removed. I do not think I have even been over 100mph, so I am not sure what the stock speed limiter was set at.

wow nice! that sounds like a great tune...it definitely makes a huge difference. The stock limit on my envoy before I started modding was like 110 ish

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
wow nice! that sounds like a great tune...it definitely makes a huge difference. The stock limit on my envoy before I started modding was like 110 ish

Yeah definitely makes a huge difference. Throttle response is great at all RPMs. Do you have an ETA on when you are putting your monster on a dyno? I am very interested to see the numbers!

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Heres just a progress / completed video I threw together really fast. I need more vids to do a really good one!
watch in HD
[video=youtube;duO2IR7Bs6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duO2IR7Bs6Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Heres just a progress / completed video I threw together really fast. I need more vids to do a really good one!
watch in HD
[video=youtube;duO2IR7Bs6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duO2IR7Bs6Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I knew it was a lot of work but looking at that whiteboard checklist.... Makes you realize how much A LOT of work really is lol
I hope it's hit you that its finally done cause you need to celebrate biiig time

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
I knew it was a lot of work but looking at that whiteboard checklist.... Makes you realize how much A LOT of work really is lol
I hope it's hit you that its finally done cause you need to celebrate biiig time

Haha that's only half the parts lol but yeah man its amazing every day for me that it finally worked. Its nerve-wracking too just listening to everything and triple checking

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Haha that's only half the parts lol but yeah man its amazing every day for me that it finally worked. Its nerve-wracking too just listening to everything and triple checking

My fingers are crossed that everything stays running smooth so you can bring it across to canada so i can see that monster lool

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Awesome. Can't wait for the final vids, or at least the next vids.

Looks like your speedo is still a little off, did you ever get it calibrated?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Great video! I love how it shows the transformation from stock to the monster it is today :thumbsup: Definitely looking forward to see more driving videos though :yes:

gboos

Jul 22, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:

You have the 1st LIKE from me on YouTube :thumbsup: Keep making vids pls ... Nice.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:
watch in HD

I don't know what to say. Wow.

I for one do not need to see any more videos for a while. It is a good thing my employer will never know how NSFW that video was for me. The visuals and audio... I almost lost it with the headlights on in the dark. Just sick. Get out and drive bro! :yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
I don't know what to say. Wow.

I for one do not need to see any more videos for a while. It is a good thing my employer will never know how NSFW that video was for me. The visuals and audio... I almost lost it with the headlights on in the dark. Just sick. Get out and drive bro! :yes:

Haha this made my day thanks! I will be driving as soon as it's 4:00

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Well done bro, from start to finish! This has been a great thread to follow :thumbsup:

I can hardly wait to see more videos...

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:

Ryda55555 said:
No worries..... :rotfl:

Seriously. Take it as a good sign from all the vibes. Cleaning up the roads for ya. Waiting only makes the drive that much sweeter!

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 46

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
UPDATE
Took it to a car show and talked to probably 35 people about it and then left the show and proceeded to race 2 turbo neon srts, a jeep srt, a challenger, and 2 90's camaros all done on a closed course obviously ;-) haha so much fun! Godspeed turbo has asked for pictures along with a few other companies I purchased parts from which is kind of cool... I hope it gets on their website or something. Going to log data monday and report back to limequat and then keep enjoying this.

Happy almost end of the week to everyone!

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
UPDATE
Took it to a car show and talked to probably 35 people about it and then left the show and proceeded to race 2 turbo neon srts, a jeep srt, a challenger, and 2 90's camaros all done on a closed course obviously ;-) haha so much fun!

So did you smoke em??? :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online