2015 Midwest Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
I'm in too along with my brother. Not sure what to bring yet.

1. Hatchet (Got the Shelter and will also bring some chips)
2. Sparky (burger patties)
3. Noel Crystal (Chili and it's necessary utensils)
4. Wishbone (paper plates, plastic ware, napkins, red solo cups)
5. Matt (soft drinks, water, ice, cooler)
6. Martin
7. Noel (Martin's brother)

Reactions: Sparky

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
OK folks, Kyle gave me a heads up. I will be there with the family and a couple trucks. My rolling tool chest will be there, so anything that needs to be done I will be prepared. Of course, I will have the one thing I know everyone will want, cowboy beans!

6. Grimor (whatever someone tells me to bring Sat)
7. Martin
8. Noel (Martin's brother)

9. Hotness - AJ
10. Regulator - Matthew (Cowboy beans)
11. PITA - Tracey (Mrs. Regulator) (Home made Mac N Cheese)

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Can we get location and date posted in the attendance list. I have been through the whole thread and the date is not mentioned at all in this thread.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
7. Martin
9. Hotness - AJ

Meeting at:

PA-Wolf Road Woods
9798 Wolf Rd
Willow Springs, IL 60480 *ETA* This address seems to come up on google a few blocks away. Please use the google link below as its selected on the shelter.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wolf+Road+Woods+Picnic+Grove/@41.7042262,-87.8971962,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xdda5aa098a4ed8de?hl=en

Wolf Road Grove 02 - Shelter

https://apm.activecommunities.com/fpdccrecreation/Facility_Search?facility_id=322

exact location at above link

Several of us are staying at the Econolodge in Willowbrook (was a Super 8 last time we were there)

EconoLodge Willowbrook
820 W 79th St
Willowbrook, IL 60527
(630) 789-6300

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:
Can we get location and date posted in the attendance list. I have been through the whole thread and the date is not mentioned at all in this thread.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blah crap missed that part... Yeah, June 6-7.

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
Well I'm out. Works is changing my schedule and I have to work those days. Losses roo because I now have 2x GMTs and wanted to come. Perks of being in training.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Seriously? Crap that sucks. Hate it when places change your schedule like that...

Makes me glad my work schedule is pretty well set in stone Mon-Fri 8-5.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
My problem is I get a new boss June 1st. I've already been asked about my time off request for the 5th. Just thinking I need to play it safe. I want to go to a meet bad!!!!! See old friends........meet new ones!! Eat Matt's beans!!! I'm just not going to be able to do it again this time. Sorry.[emoji20]

big ed

Nov 18, 2011
3. Big ed
7. Martin
9. Hotness - AJ

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
I can't even request time off since I'm still on probabtion. If I need a day then it has to be an emergency/family thing and it has to be approved by the chief whereas after probation my sgt can approve it.

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
High Voltage said:
My problem is I get a new boss June 1st. I've already been asked about my time off request for the 5th. Just thinking I need to play it safe. I want to go to a meet bad!!!!! See old friends........meet new ones!! Eat Matt's beans!!! I'm just not going to be able to do it again this time. Sorry.[emoji20]
Just drive in Saturday morning. It's not that long of a drive.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
4 hours. The thing is they don't want me that far away in case of troubles. Sounds crazy! I'm thinking the new guy is nervous and wants no unexplained problems till he knows more. I still need to feel it out more. Don't want to start out wrong with the new guy. I've been here 29 years! I would love to move on but finding a job that pays what I'm making now is not easy to find!

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
4 hours isn't that far really, and it isn't like they own your life outside of work. I get a little grumpy over things like that.

Either way, if you can make it that would be great! If not, well, next time!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shit. I may drive 5 hrs each way for Friday only if I can get the wife happy enough tween now and then.

Reactions: Wishbone

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Shit. I may drive 5 hrs each way for Friday only if I can get the wife happy enough tween now and then.
Anyone that has spent the whole weekend at one of the Midwest meets knows that while Saturday is fun, Friday is better!

Reactions: Wishbone and Matt

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
High Voltage said:
4 hours. The thing is they don't want me that far away in case of troubles. Sounds crazy! I'm thinking the new guy is nervous and wants no unexplained problems till he knows more. I still need to feel it out more. Don't want to start out wrong with the new guy. I've been here 29 years! I would love to move on but finding a job that pays what I'm making now is not easy to find!
Not like we have a meet several times a year anymore. I hope you try to make it specially cause we haven't seen you in a while bud. Besides if they need you they can talk to you on the phone.

Reactions: High Voltage

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

High Voltage said:
Well, it sure would be nice to see you guys if there's any way of making it.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
:iagree:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
calling for 83* and rain. but it should change about 10 times in the next week.

Still need a grill. I don't have a gas one that i can bring. Hopefully i can rope one of the other locals into bringing one.

3. Big ed
7. Martin
9. Hotness - AJ

Saturday June 6th
Meeting at:

PA-Wolf Road Woods
9798 Wolf Rd
Willow Springs, IL 60480 *ETA* This address seems to come up on google a few blocks away. Please use the google link below as its selected on the shelter.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wolf+Road+Woods+Picnic+Grove/@41.7042262,-87.8971962,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xdda5aa098a4ed8de?hl=en

Wolf Road Grove 02 - Shelter

https://apm.activecommunities.com/fpdccrecreation/Facility_Search?facility_id=322

exact location at above link

Several of us are staying at the Econolodge in Willowbrook (was a Super 8 last time we were there)

EconoLodge Willowbrook
820 W 79th St
Willowbrook, IL 60527
(630) 789-6300

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Do they have charcoal grills? If they do, I can bring the charcoal, etc to use them.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Do they have charcoal grills? If they do, I can bring the charcoal, etc to use them.
Bueller, Bueller, anyone??

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
i HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER THERE AND LOOK.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Ok well I should know by Wednesday if I'll be able to make it or not. My wife is still trying to work some things out at her work to make it down to St. Louis to see her sister this weekend. If I am able to make it, I'll bring anything still needed, or throw some George Washingtons at you guys to help pay for food/park rental. Should know in a few days.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have a grill (no fuel yet or anything, brand new) but not sure about dragging it across 3 states to get there.

ErikSS

Apr 14, 2013
Well, I still have the grill we used last year. (or was it the year before) I MIGHT make it. I have half my interior ripped out at the moment. If ya'll want, I could plan to come in the TB or my wifes van if I don't get parts in time....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Hatchet said:
i HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER THERE AND LOOK.
OK. No need to yell...

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Matt said:
OK. No need to yell...
I think his caps lock was on by accident, his first letter was small instead of caps.

GG Hatchet, pay attention lol.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
ErikSS said:
Well, I still have the grill we used last year. (or was it the year before) I MIGHT make it. I have half my interior ripped out at the moment. If ya'll want, I could plan to come in the TB or my wifes van if I don't get parts in time....
Although we like your truck, if it's the difference in showing up or not, it's more important to show up.

Reactions: Matt

ErikSS

Apr 14, 2013
My phone isn't currently letting me see locations. Is anyone coming from Ohio? Perhaps near Cleveland? Got a guy that wants my old air bags. I really don't want to ship them.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm from Ohio but not from Cleveland area. I'm south by about 2 hours or so.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
I think his caps lock was on by accident, his first letter was small instead of caps.
GG Hatchet, pay attention lol.
At work when i typed that. Use all caps on blueprints. Never lower case. So my work computer is pretty much caps lock all the time.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
anyone going to the meet want a curt front hitch? i really liked it on my truck but took it off when the skids went on. all the hardware is included. not free but open to offers

Reactions: djthumper

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Matt I'm bringing my impact for your project. Was someone else bringing a jack/stands or should I bring those as well? I guess I could just load up the back with all sorts of stuff, I just don't want anything walking off overnight in the parking lot from not having a locking tailgate or cover.

I'm seriously considering just bringing Rusty instead of the pickup truck. Fits the group theme better anyways and I'm a lot more familiar with it when I get into stupid traffic. Plus, the radio doesn't suck lol :biggrin:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Looks like buns for the burgers, condiments, maybe more snack stuff, and whatever else you may want.

I'm going to buy patties from the same place we got them a couple years ago. Those things were huge and amazing. They had better not disappoint!

2013-06-011738261024x768_zps4939879a.jpg

Reactions: big ed

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
ErikSS said:
My phone isn't currently letting me see locations. Is anyone coming from Ohio? Perhaps near Cleveland? Got a guy that wants my old air bags. I really don't want to ship them.
I'm about an hour south of Cleveland, if he want's to dive somewhere to meet me.

Hatchet said:
At work when i typed that. Use all caps on blueprints. Never lower case. So my work computer is pretty much caps lock all the time.
No worries Hatch, we've got a program here that has to be on caps as well...and I forget to turn it off or on.

Sparky said:
Matt I'm bringing my impact for your project. Was someone else bringing a jack/stands or should I bring those as well? I guess I could just load up the back with all sorts of stuff, I just don't want anything walking off overnight in the parking lot from not having a locking tailgate or cover.

I'm seriously considering just bringing Rusty instead of the pickup truck. Fits the group theme better anyways and I'm a lot more familiar with it when I get into stupid traffic. Plus, the radio doesn't suck lol :biggrin:
Don't worry about it mate. I'm making a detour to Regulators place on the way and we're going to knock it out before we leave. (I was going to PM you about that, but you beat me to the punch...I'm rooming with Jay as well, thanks for the offer!! Pressie coming your way.)

ErikSS

Apr 14, 2013
I talked to AJ. I'm going to bring my grill to his house, and he will bring it. I was able to get enough junkyard parts to get it rolling. I will be there but not til after my nieces graduation party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online