2012 Massive Midwest Meet - May19th - Coldwater, MI

This meet is set for Mother's Day weekend. Should we change the date or leave it?

• Change it. I'm more likely to attend if we do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it. I've already made plans to be there.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Doesn't matter. I'll be there either way.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Should we start another thread if people have parts needed or for sale? I may have a lift and wheel adaptors.

Does someone have a master list of what food/drinks/supplies are needed?

Not sure what part of the weekend I can make it, but going to be there for as much as possible.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I think if everyone on the list does show up, we will need 1 or 2 more people to bring some burgers to. But i'll see what sam's club has to offer.

Damn it i need to book my room.

I think i still have a car cover for the TB. Never used i would like to get rid of.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got 20 or so burgers in the freezer from GFS I can bring. I had to buy a 20 lb box there for a party a couple weeks ago.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
for our hamburger bun trays, they come with 60 per tray... if everyone shows, do you all think i should bring a second tray just in case? or at least another half a tray... i know i'll have enough napkins, and silverware....

and im hoping i can have my SS back for this meet... either way im coming... but i just got a call from the delaership today, and now my motor is lost in shipping, it was supposed to be there monday, and its now wednesdday, and nada... how the hell does that happen??? :hissyfit:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
for our hamburger bun trays, they come with 60 per tray... if everyone shows, do you all think i should bring a second tray just in case? or at least another half a tray... i know i'll have enough napkins, and silverware....
Trays? We don't need no stinkin trays! :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Trays? We don't need no stinkin trays! :biggrin:

:crackup:

its just your standard stacking tray... so i dont have to carry over 60 buns by hand :rotfl:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:

and im hoping i can have my SS back for this meet... either way im coming... but i just got a call from the delaership today, and now my motor is lost in shipping, it was supposed to be there monday, and its now wednesdday, and nada... how the hell does that happen??? :hissyfit:

One tray should be plenty methinks. Anyhow, what happened to your SS? Did the motor blow? My cousin's SS recently blew, and he had to get a new motor in it (under warranty). I won't be coming in a GMT-360 myself. Malibu for me...:lipsrsealed:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Envoy4Life said:
One tray should be plenty methinks. Anyhow, what happened to your SS? Did the motor blow? My cousin's SS recently blew, and he had to get a new motor in it (under warranty). I won't be coming in a GMT-360 myself. Malibu for me...:lipsrsealed:

yea... the motor spuun a bearing... im getting a new crate motor as we speak... just hoping its done in time... they called me today... and the motor is lost in shiping!!! go figure on that one lol... they are tracking it down though.. and i should have her back son enough...

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yea... the motor spuun a bearing... im getting a new crate motor as we speak... just hoping its done in time... they called me today... and the motor is lost in shiping!!! go figure on that one lol... they are tracking it down though.. and i should have her back son enough...

Same with my cousin's SS!

Good luck with the SS too. Is it being replaced under warranty? Hopefully we'll be able to see it!! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Envoy4Life said:
Same with my cousin's SS!

Good luck with the SS too. Is it being replaced under warranty? Hopefully we'll be able to see it!! :thumbsup:

yes.. luckily it was... always pays to have a relationship with the dealership... and they are pushing to get it outta there... its goin on a month and half now... they are losing money and so is the tech working on it... its taking up space in their bay, and warranty work always pays less anyway...

and i have some plans for it when i/if i take it there.. there will be some exrta surprises that the Ohio folks are not used to seeing on her :lipsrsealed:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
rppoit said:
Im gonna try and make it down we will see what my funds allow me to do.

The more the merrier.

stunter85

Apr 22, 2012
Ohhhh man I'm in for sure!!!! cant wait!!.. I will bring some home made pasta salad and potato salad!! my girlfriends mom makes some mean salads!! lol:2thumbsup::salivate:lol

1) Regulator - Matthew - 2 nights - Cowboy beans
2) Pita - Tracey - 2 nights - case of water
3) Boricua SS - Juan - 1 day (saturday) - forks/knives/spoons/napkins/hamburger buns...
4) Hatchet - Joe - 2 nights - Some burgers and Brawts?
5) BO TIE SS - Sam - 2 nights - hot dogs and cheese
6) Matt - Matt - 2 nights - you know what I'm bringing, also German style potato salad
7) Big Ed - Ed - nights?(1 or 2?) - bringing?
8) Ms SilverBullet - crystal - nights?(1 or 2?) - bringing?
9) Jham - Jeff - 2 nights -- I will be bringing charcoal and pork loins
10) silvernclean - jeff - 2 nights - meat or drinks
11) Envoy4Life - Luke - Saturday Only - cookies
12) Hardtrailz
13) wink
14) 2004LS - Jay
15) ItOnVoy - Sam (I am a Maybe on Saturday only)
16) STLtrailbSS (maybe)
17) MedicatedMike
18) Voymom (maybe Saturday only)
19) Sleepy Jr
20) Rafael
21) hotness - AJ. 2 nights.
22) SBUBandit - Peter - Saturday Only - A few cold 12 packs of soda
23) Short Bus - Shawn + family (Saturday and Sunday, but no offroad) - CHIPS
24) JosueLT
25) Stunter85-Mike+my better half- whole weekend- pasta&potato salads:thumbsup:

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ok folks, the pavilion has been reserved. We will be in the Parkhurst Park across from Max Larsen Elementary School. There is plenty of parking for us in the school parking lot. The address is: 25 Parkhurst Avenue Coldwater, MI 49036.

Here is the description of the park

Parkhurst Park

Parkhurst Park is the site of the very popular Kids’ Kingdom. Built almost entirely of wood, the sprawling complex includes many nooks and crannies to explore and is a year round favorite of children everywhere. The park includes two pavilions, shuffleboard court and basketball court and restroom facilities. One of the pavilions can be reserved for a small fee. The park is located adjacent to Max Larsen Elementary School.

View attachment 20674

I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Mods, please update the address in the first post or provide a direct link to this post. Thanks

Attachments

• KidsKingdom.JPG
    KidsKingdom.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 8

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
3) Boricua SS - Juan - 1 day (saturday) - forks/knives/spoons/napkins/hamburger buns...
6) Matt - Matt - 2 nights - you know what I'm bringing, also German style potato salad
12) Hardtrailz
13) wink
14) 2004LS - Jay
16) STLtrailbSS (maybe)
17) MedicatedMike
19) Sleepy Jr
20) Rafael
24) JosueLT
25) Stunter85-Mike+my better half- whole weekend- pasta&potato salads

Burgers: Hatchet, Hardtrailz
Hotdogs: BotieSS, ???
Hamburger Buns: Boricua SS
Hot Dog Buns: ???

Cowboy Beans: Regulator
Potato Salad: Stunter85, Matt
Pasta Salad: Stunter85
Chips: Short Bus
Cookies: Envoy4Life

Silverware & Napkins: Boricua SS
Plates & Bowls: ????
Water: Pita, SBUBandit

I have identified the areas where I think we could use more help volunteers for food, please sign up. SBUBandit, I changed your offer to water for convenience, usually if anyone wants anything different they can supply their own beverages. It works easier that way. I will have my Gas grill with me, We could probably benefit from one more gas grill please.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
SBUBandit, I changed your offer to water for convenience, usually if anyone wants anything different they can supply their own beverages. It works easier that way.

Fine by me, I'll grab a case or two of 16.9 oz waters and put them on ice in the cooler

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
What kind of cookies do you guys like? Chocolate chip? Soft? Hard?

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
12) Hardtrailz
13) wink
14) 2004LS - Jay
16) STLtrailbSS (maybe)
17) MedicatedMike
19) Sleepy Jr
20) Rafael
24) JosueLT
25) Stunter85-Mike+my better half- whole weekend- pasta&potato salads
26) Kuchar09

Burgers: Hatchet, Hardtrailz
Hotdogs: BotieSS, Jham
Hamburger Buns: Boricua SS
Hot Dog Buns: Silvernclean, Jham

Cowboy Beans: Regulator
Potato Salad: Stunter85, Matt
Pasta Salad: Stunter85
Chips: Short Bus, Kuchar09
Cookies: Envoy4Life

Silverware & Napkins: Boricua SS
Plates & Bowls: Jham, Silvernclean
Water: Pita, SBUBandit

I will be scouting the area this Thursday, I will let you know if there are charcoal grills available. Are there any other requests from folks for me to look out for while I am up there?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Only two weeks to go! :celebrate: :dance:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well I thought I wasnt gunna be able to make it. But with the over time I think I can make the swing on the costs now. Just need to get a room....

Or I can sleep in my truck, just will need to hi jack someones room to change... hmmm lol

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Joe. I haven't talked it over with Nicole so don't quote me but I would be willing to share a room if you're cool with it.

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
My room is booked at the Super 8.

Details to follow tonight from my recon trip a couple days ago.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
My room is booked at the Super 8.

Details to follow tonight from my recon trip a couple days ago.

Are u gonna be the nice matt and share?? Lol. Hope so

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
Ok folks, the pavilion has been reserved. We will be in the Parkhurst Park across from Max Larsen Elementary School. There is plenty of parking for us in the school parking lot. The address is: 25 Parkhurst Avenue Coldwater, MI 49036.

[snip]

Mods, please update the address in the first post or provide a direct link to this post. Thanks

No updates to the first post yet. :confused: These two parks are about three blocks away from each other, so it's important to get this cleared up ASAP!

Less that two weeks to go! :wootwoot: WooHoo!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
2004LS said:
No updates to the first post yet. :confused:
Sorry, I missed that part. :redface: It's updated now. :biggrin:

stunter85

Apr 22, 2012
i have a room at the Hampton:thumbsup: i will split with someone if they want??? only 30.00 a nite if we split it...let me know

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Man I can't wait till the meet. I am so ready!!!

im right there with you bro!!! i got a few surprises for the meet... i get the beaSSt back monday from the dealership... :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i get the beaSSt back monday from the dealership... :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:
Congrats! That's great!! :thumbsup:

No SS for me this time. I'll be bringin' the 'Hoe. Not that I'm complaining. After 4 1/2 years of good meets in the SS, it's nice to bring something else for a change. A few minor issues need cleared up with the SS and it'll be ready for a Columbus meet. (and Pinellas Park) :yes:

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ok folks, the Pavilion and park are officially ours. Here is what we have to look forward to and the available amenities.

2012-05-03162205.jpg

Available grills, another gas grill in addition to mine may be in order. I am not sure if I would want to eat off these.

2012-05-03161951.jpg

Playground

2012-05-03162036.jpg

2012-05-03162128.jpg

2012-05-03162306.jpg

2012-05-03162213.jpg

Bathrooms

2012-05-03162349.jpg

Horseshoes

2012-05-03161836.jpg

Parking

2012-05-03162321.jpg

2012-05-03162338.jpg

The park is very simple to get to from the hotels, only one turn. The Comfort Inn and Super 8 share a parking lot while the Hampton is on the other side of the highway. I would venture to guess that the evening activities will be in the combines parking area and those choosing to stay at the Hampton will have to drive a few minutes. The road that leads into the hotels is under construction although it is still bypassable should you want to try it. They have another temporary entrance set up directly across from the KFC. Just keep an eye out for the signs for the Comfort Inn and I am sure you can figure it out.

There is all the major fast food restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel as well as Pizza Hut, Buffalo Wild Wings, Bob Evans, Big Boy, Chinese Buffet and a local steak house. There is a WalMart, Meijer, Advance, Auto Zone, CVS and Walgreens. There are 2 different car washes, but they both looked to be automatics. It did look like my truck would fit though so they should be good for anyone.

I think that about covers my recon mission. If anyone has any additional questions feel free to ask. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well done sir! Looks like a great setting.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
The bathrooms are under video surveillance? :ugh: :blush:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online