Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
New steering wheel cover
uploadfromtaptalk1426375204521.jpg

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
New front tires on Thursday, matching rears planned soon.

There is no pothole "season" on the road coming out from the factory. It's been like that as long as I can remember, and it just gets worse. So bad, it's been brought up in a recent meeting, and I personally went to the DOT website and used the Report a Road Problem feature to pinpoint where and what. There literally is no road there anymore, and it's havoc on tires, likely why my front right had a spot that went left, a spot that went right, AND a bulge along the tread.

I heard the guy take the tire off and whistle in amazement. Oh I know guy, and believe me driving on that thing was not fun.

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got the trim looking black again. Cleaned it with alcohol and put the dressing on. Looks good. We'll see how it holds up.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I've pulled the headlight switch in and out a couple times, each time taking out a bunch of screws etc....
uploadfromtaptalk1426467017639.jpg

so then i go to check the fuses under the panel on the side of the dash (like on my cavaliers, cobalt, etc...) yeah, there is no fuse panel there. And if I would of actually thought for a sec, i knew that. And you can replace the headlight switch through the hole.
uploadfromtaptalk1426467150046.jpg
oh well, got the switch for all the exterior lighting installed. Will run to a master relay with a wireless controller for each channel.

Reactions: Mounce and Blckshdw

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Drove the Voy to NYC/LI.

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
Took it for a run in the mountains today, got it covered in mud and pine needles, as the predicted sunny weather was actually steady rain all day, with a little sleet thrown in at higher elevations. At the end of the trail, went for a hike with my buddies along a section of the Trans Canada Trail. No truck pics, but one from the hike: That's Jason, at 6' 1", in front of a youngish west coast cedar, maybe 700 - 800 years old.

Attachments

• TCT 003.jpg
    TCT 003.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 23

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Washed her one last time @ 12am before putting her in storage for 3 months, added StaBil fuel stabilizer to gas tank

uploadfromtaptalk1426515835165.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426515844065.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Got my annual NYS vehicle inspection. The mechanic said that mine is easy because it's in really great shape....guess I'm easy too because I tipped him ten bucks to get the guys coffee :thumbsup: Mike.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Over the past couple of days I have done the folowing.....
-Replaced CPAS solenoid
-Cleaned throttle body and replaced gasket
-Cleaned air filter,MAP & IAT sensors
-Cleaned intake manifold with seafoam using a 30"360°straw to go down each runner
-Finally did the quad brake/dual turn mod
-Quad beam headlight mod
-Replaced clockspring to correct BO026 code
-Replaced motor mounts
-Lubed and re torqued sway bar end links
-Repaired rattle in drivers side door panel
-Replaced mirrors
-Order complete set of Bilsteins
-Got a state inspection

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Commanded it to tow the boat. (First nice day, had to go out on the water) Then dragged the boat out of the dirt ramp. Buried the truck in 2wd then pulled her the rest of the way in 4wd. The trailer wheels got stuck in a mud hole, that's probably why it didn't go all the way. (3500lbs + nasty mucky mud = fun) All in all a great day.

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Mypetropig said:
Over the past couple of days I have done the folowing.....
-Replaced CPAS solenoid
-Cleaned throttle body and replaced gasket
-Cleaned air filter,MAP & IAT sensors
-Cleaned intake manifold with seafoam using a 30"360°straw to go down each runner
-Finally did the quad brake/dual turn mod
-Quad beam headlight mod
-Replaced clockspring to correct BO026 code
-Replaced motor mounts
-Lubed and re torqued sway bar end links
-Repaired rattle in drivers side door panel
-Replaced mirrors
-Order complete set of Bilsteins
-Got a state inspection
Single man are ya? :biggrin:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Last month when it was about 5 degrees outside:
- Replaced water pump
- Replaced belt tensioner w/spindle
- Replaced stationary belt spindle
- Replaced serpentine belt
- Replaced transmission cooler lines

Attachments

• 0224151751a.jpg
    0224151751a.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 0224151752a.jpg
    0224151752a.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Mark20

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Not so squeezy in the garage mate!

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Wishbone said:
Last month when it was about 5 degrees outside:
- Replaced water pump
- Replaced belt tensioner w/spindle
- Replaced stationary belt spindle
- Replaced serpentine belt
- Replaced transmission cooler lines
I really need to get some tarps to do that when working on the truck in bad weather. I can't get it all the way in the garage but I can get the front in.

Pau Hana

Mar 13, 2015
Let's see- here's a recap of the last couple of weeks:
  • replaced the fuel pump and sender. Took about 3 hours of solo work- it's good to see a working fuel gauge!
  • Got the factory stereo replaced with a Pioneer AppRadio4. Plug in the iPhone, and I have instant access to maps, music, phone, Pandora, and Siri.
  • Replaced the blown factory speakers with Alpine components in the front (SPS-610C) and 2 ways in the back (SPS-610). Driven off the head unit, this thing rocks!
  • Fixed the air leak in the driver's door.
  • Checked and cleared all codes
  • Cleaned the throttle body.
Next of the list- plugs, chasing down the P0410, and changing all fluids.

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
northcreek said:
Single man are ya? :biggrin:
Believe it or not, married with 2 boys ages 3 and 9. I guess I should have said over the last couple of weekends, that would've been more accurate. Its all stuff I've put off way too long.

Reactions: northcreek

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Mounted my summer Wheels with a new set of tires, I had 275/45-20 last summer but they were to wide pita to drive on bad roads.
So I got 245/50-20 instead on the same Wheels, but now I have to lower it. Looks like the Wheels are to small in those big Wheel wells hahaha

Attachments

• 2015-03-18 09.14.16.jpg
    2015-03-18 09.14.16.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 37

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Put 25$ of gas in. It's nice that that almost fills her.

Reactions: Eric04

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
littleblazer said:
Put 25$ of gas in. It's nice that that almost fills her.
What ya got a 15 gallon tank?

Reactions: Sib

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
DAlastDON said:
Or something inside the tank taking up space?
I don't wanna know about his drug hide out. :wink:

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Had to have a rebuilt transfer case installed in her this week. It started to make grinding noises 4 weeks ago. Last week it was making a high pitched squeal. The dealer opened the drain plug and found all kinds of shiny stuff in the fluid. It had 87,500 miles on it. The fluid was changed at 51,600. The rebuilt has a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Filled it up, then what started as a simple trip to a neighboring town following up on a couple apartment leads ended up being a nice Saturday cruise burning a total of ~9 gallons. On flat, relatively straight roads, it wouldn't be nearly that much, but this IS West Virginia, it's all hills and turns... even some crazy nearly-180s to suddenly go up a steep one. The posted speed limit is commonly 55 but you'll never find yourself hitting it!

Never did follow those leads, enjoyed driving too much...

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Yesterday trying to get my BCM to work as I want it, probably continue this evening. Got some new ideas to try

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Brake pad change today...going to be a muggy 34°.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online