What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Drove it back and forth to work today, was a bit slick on the way in but not too bad.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Let me know what they quote for just the hood painting portion if you can. I have been looking a bit and all the quotes on painting the cowl hood seem high enough I may be doing a full spraypaint and some vinyl on it :wink:
Forget it mate. $1100 and change for an aftermarket (NOT OEM mind you) hood painted. Looks like I'm going the painted hood on ebay route for $495.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
installed 2 new headlights and picked up a set of SS sway bars (front and back) for $25

next up, I need to order a new headlight header panel and get that LT front bumper with fogs

**if anyone has a set of Suspension Maxx end links (installed), please IM me, I have a question

-Sean

Reactions: mike_k and Capote

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Filled it up with gas, got 14MPG on the last tank, short trips and bad weather are a killer.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Washed her, haven't had a chance in like 3 weeks -__- ....

Reactions: Mounce

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
Had a shop install a new front hub for me today, while I was at work. The mechanic told me he replaced the one that was noisy on his stethoscope, but that the other should be done soon, as well. Sure enough, I can still hear a faint rumble from the front. He also spotted a wonky UBJ on the right, so I'll have to replace both when I get the lift installed. I'm trying to save for the lift, but the rear brake job on my K3500 and the new TB hub have eaten that money for this month, so the lift waits, again.
icon_e_sad.gif

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Sunday - finally had time to hook up HP tuners and set it for the 4.10 gears. Tuned out sais, and the radiator fan. Ordered electric fans and I will do a writeup on that. Worked on the shift points and pressures a bit and did some butt dyno adjustments. She's running good boys.

Hopefully soon I can get it on a dyno and do some more tuning and post some numbers.

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
smt59, link for the brakes?

After work, drove the TB over to KMS Tools to grab a few pics with their old Chev duallie and LaFrance fire truck for the photo contest

Attachments

• old trucks 002.jpg
    old trucks 002.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 28
  • old trucks 007.jpg
    old trucks 007.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 26

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
A little fan action last night :smile:
:undecided: You going with a pair of 12"s? Looking forward to seeing some warm weather temp readings with those.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Left it in the garage since we did not get too much snow.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Test fit it into a storage unit

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
Ordered Markmc's 3" front lift to upgrade from my 2.5" I have now. And got a new set of tires put on it. 35x12.50r15s BF Goodrich A/ts had to take each tire in individually the tire shop wouldn't touch it because it had adapters. So I took each one off one at a time in the lot across from their shop and did it that way. I've got a little rubbing that will be taken care of tomorrow right after work.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Did some donuts in the parking lot on the ice. (So far the power steering pump is okay) [emoji13]

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Just ordered an AAM splined disconnect off Ebay for $230.00 with free shipping.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Tried to change my one license plate LED but the screws that hold the lenses on are rusted so bad that I can't get them out. I'm going to have to pull the whole license plate pocket off the truck to get to the sockets.

Well, one bulb still works, so screw it I'm not taking that all apart right now.

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
Made an appointment at a stealership for TC drain and fill, as I have no idea if mine was ever done in the 9 years before I bought it.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Got rid of the turbo sound by changing the idler pulley. Then had a chirping sound afterwards. So I changed the belt and all is nice and quite now. Ahhhh

Reactions: Mounce

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
Odometer went over 200K this morning on the way in to work (of course this is on its 2nd engine).

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Yesterday, cruised in it with the windows down. Today, driving it in the rain. Gotta clean it soon, the inside looks like a pig pen! :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Just drained about 20oz of oil from it. After talking with Angel a couple weeks ago about an odd phenomenon where doing an oil change and only 6 quarts showed as full on the dipstick... And I've had an odd idling issue since my last change, plus that phantom stall out in traffic 2 weekends ago, I decided to make use of the quick valve I installed, and drain a little oil at a time while checking the readings.

Apparently I have the same issue, and blindly dumping in 7 quarts cuz the manual says so, was too much, as my dipstick still reads full. I probably could have drained a little more, but didn't want to lug out my jack to raise the front end enough to stand the oil bottle upright. I'll see how the truck drives (and idles) over the next couple of days, continue to monitor the level.
wish.gif

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Installed New idler pulley & belt tensioner
uploadfromtaptalk1426029663398.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426029674248.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Monday it got new diff fluid and TC fluid and a hub. Today it got some lower control arms ordered for it since the bushings are basically shot up front.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Used it as a U-Haul again [emoji21] so tired of moving crap, but this is the cleanest & newest Stop N' Stor facility in Hinesville and the farthest from my place

EMT

Jul 30, 2012
Columbia, MD
I removed the headlights, headlight mount, front bumper cover, front passenger door, fender, fender liner, and had to take the side skirt partially off...

IMG_0557.JPG

should be pieced back together tomorrow with parts that aren't damaged

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Bought some spare parts and 34" tires for the Diesel.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Cleaned it and replaced the brake fluid. Pedal is a little firmer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.