What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Putting in a new battery today...old one is nearly 4 years old and it needed a jump this morning. I've got a prorated warranty, so that should sting a bit less.

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Dropped it back off at the transmission shop :frown: Had the transmission rebuilt in January. Yesterday when I was accelerating it quit shifting gears. Would just rev up until I left off of the accelerator, then it would shift gears.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Putting in a new battery today...old one is nearly 4 years old and it needed a jump this morning. I've got a prorated warranty, so that should sting a bit less.
New battery solved the problem, but I only got $26 for the old one. :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Rolled it through the car wash on my lunch break so it will be mostly clean for tomorrow's Orlando meet. :cool:

20150220_122021.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Took the LED headlights out and put the HID's back in. Tried to do the fogs but they are toast...have to order a new set.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Sib

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Here's some pics of my mod day.

1st up was HID install. Out with the old :biggrin:
View attachment 65589

A set of LED Switchbacks.....
View attachment 65588

Daytime and nighttime shot of HIDs and LEDs. The fogs look gross now.
View attachment 65586
View attachment 65587

I choose to go with the Cap Mod to keep the DRL....
View attachment 65593

Next up was to redo the bolts from the Rear Handle Delete because they were rusty. Old vs New.
View attachment 65590

While waiting for the paint to dry I soldered up some LEDs int he rear HVAC control unit.
View attachment 65591

Last mod was to install an upgraded 212-2 in the cargo area. It's bright but I think I'm gonna get a brighter one. Old vs. New
View attachment 65583

Finally hit up the car wash and gave the old girl a bath.
View attachment 65592

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Broke my rear drivers outside door handle last night...have to buy a new one and get it painted when I get the new hood.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Now how did you manage that?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Unlocked the door (notice one, not all) got in, started the truck, had to get out and get the scraper to get rid of the ice...tried to open the rear door and it was locked. Almost ripped the handle out of the door. Looks like I busted off the screws so I have to buy a new one, luckily they're only about $10 but I still have to get it painted.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Oil change. They were out of the 5-quart regular Mobil 1 Synthetic at Advance, so I went with Mobil 1 Synthetic Extended Life or something like that. Cost a couple dollars more overall, and I don't think I'll just go with a 15,000 mile interval just because the jug says so; I'll stick with OLM. Also trying out a Mobil 1 oil filter to go with it, has a nice steel core to it.

Also, they have regular PF61 filters there! All I could find for my last change (going to Wal-Mart for supplies) was the PF61E filter. The core may be plastic but it appears to have held up, I'm hanging onto it as I plan to crack it open for a more thorough examination of the "after."

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've been using the Mobil 1 filters for a few years now.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Sparky said:
I've been using the Mobil 1 filters for a few years now.
I read the box up and down, checked some online reviews, and opened the box and examined what I could of the unit itself before purchasing. It was something like $10 or more, while I could have had a Purolator Gold for $7 or a PF61 for like $5, so I wanted to be more confident in the cost.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I get them with the oil change specials from Autozone.

Reactions: littleblazer

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ordered the new door handle last night from Rock Auto. Chose 2 day shipping so I could put it on Thursday after work since I don't have to work at Wallyworld that night. Looks like you can get black textured or black smooth...got the black smooth because it will match the truck perfectly.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
I find that NAPA has the best deal on a full synthetic and a good filter overall, especially for the 4.2 since it takes so much Oil.

redmaro42

Sep 25, 2014
ordered up my 07+ rear wiper arm to replace my 04 arm that even after lubing doesn't wipe the whole window. So improve the looks and function by the upgrade. :biggrin:

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Used the self-inflicted broken exhaust tip to convince the wife that new exhaust was a NEED, no longer a want, come spring :wink: Hopefully dual exhaust will fit when flexed out. Time to start driving up on stuff and checking.

Reactions: smt 59 and Mounce

smt 59

To the dealer for a front end alignment after a major pot hole jumped out in front of me and blew out my toe in/out. Looks like the city will pay for damages as many other cars were towed away with broken rims, flats and ripped off bumpers, lucky I was in the Voy.

Reactions: CaptainKD

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
Driving on I-35 just past the Olathe 56-Hwy exit this morning, I got smacked by part of a tire, that was kicked up by some jackhole, on the passenger side of my front end.

need:
new headlight
new bumper cover
misc hardware
re-align pass-side fender
possibly repaint the whole truck since the front end will get done

ugh....and I just got a new engine....murphy's law (mine)

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Finally added my rear led turns. Was just going to pull back the coating on the stock wires a little bit and twist the resistor wires in so I didn't have to use wire splices but ended up cutting the stock wires so had to resolder them. Ended up just splicing in the resisters and called it a day. Fronts are on the next up list now.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Went to the body shop yesterday arvo, he's going to ring me later today or tomorrow with the price for a new painted hood.

Tried to replace the rear drivers door handle and found out it's not the door handle, it's the brace/bracket that holds it on rusted and fell apart. And that's a part that is not available except off a junk one...fortunately just found 2 at the local junkyard, so my arse will be out there early on Sunday morning.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Matt said:
Went to the body shop yesterday arvo, he's going to ring me later today or tomorrow with the price for a new painted hood.

Tried to replace the rear drivers door handle and found out it's not the door handle, it's the brace/bracket that holds it on rusted and fell apart. And that's a part that is not available except off a junk one...fortunately just found 2 at the local junkyard, so my arse will be out there early on Sunday morning.
Let me know what they quote for just the hood painting portion if you can. I have been looking a bit and all the quotes on painting the cowl hood seem high enough I may be doing a full spraypaint and some vinyl on it :wink:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Let me know what they quote for just the hood painting portion if you can. I have been looking a bit and all the quotes on painting the cowl hood seem high enough I may be doing a full spraypaint and some vinyl on it :wink:
Will do.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

RedneckEnvoy

Nov 3, 2014
Pulled the codes. Already have misfire code P0300 back and it has only been a few months. Only seems to be misfiring at idle.
Also have a clutch fan code.
Trav

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Not my GMT, but put a new fuel filter on Dad's 04 Duramax Silvy. It was throwing a P1093 (low fuel pressure at rail) and in limp mode, new fuel filter and presto, problem solved. Old filter only had a tick over 1000 miles on it. :crazy:

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Shout out to mrwitty...made me take another look at the new handle I got from Rock Auto and it did have the bracket. (I'm a dickhead) 20 minutes and I have a door handle that doesn't flap in the breeze.

Reactions: Mounce and Blckshdw

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
Shout out to mrwitty...made me take another look at the new handle I got from Rock Auto and it did have the bracket. (I'm a dickhead) 20 minutes and I have a door handle that doesn't flap in the breeze.
You're NOT a dickhead, you fixed the problem :thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
You're NOT a dickhead, you fixed the problem :thumbsup:
Thanks mate :thumbsup: , but sadly, I can admit it. When I looked at the back of the handle the bracket is front and centre and I didn't even realise it...
80541-002__ra_p.jpg
See the metal with the nut, the one I got is the same colour as the nut so blind Freddy could see it. :duh:

EMT

Jul 30, 2012
Columbia, MD
I got new tires on Thursday... had the front right replaced today, since it went flat Friday night and a tow truck didn't come until 9:15 last night (when they said they would show up at 3:00) :explode:

Reactions: Mounce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online