What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Yea you can paint rotors, I did mine. You see in his first couple pictures where there is the clean section of rotor, and around the outside of that is a bunch of rust? The clean part is called the fire path. If you paint your rotor, the next time you drive your truck and you hit the brakes, the pads will wear off the paint along the fire path very quickly. Where all the built up rust was will be protected by the paint, and the fire path will be cleaned by the brake pads every time you drive.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
DDonnie said:
Wait, you can paint your rotors? How does that work?

Pads remove paint from face of rotor on first few stops, rest of rotor still painted keeping rust away and also looking awesome.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Paint the whole thing with high heat the pad will wear off what it uses the rest stays black no rust showing ^yep what he said didn't see that post on my phone.

DenaliHD66

Dec 4, 2011
jbacklund said:
Just drove my Trailblazer, fan clutch gave up... Time for E-fans.

Latest order from Amazon,

ACDelco 252-822 Water Pump Assembly"
"Purolator C15388 BreatheEASY Cabin Airfilter"
"Flex-a-lite 31163 Variable Speed Control Module with Threaded Temperature Sensor"
"Dayco 5060915 Serpentine Belt"
"ACDelco 251-2029 Gasket"

Cabin filter? Am I missing something?

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:
Cabin filter? Am I missing something?

Only on the early 02 models I think. Cost cutting measure. One of the decent things that went away as the model aged

EDIT: I think May03lt did a how-to video to install it.
Found it. [video=youtube;O54ZebfQixo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O54ZebfQixo[/video]

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The earlier years had the cabin filter door, but no filter installed. Later they removed the door altogether, but you could still cut it out and put a door on it. This reminds me that I need to check/replace mine.

I've been driving mine a lot recently and using the AC. Well, yesterday I made a comment in this thread about how my thermostat was still original and working, but made a joking comment that it'll hear me and start acting up. Go figure, I drove it later that day again and I caught my temp gauge wavering a bit and dip down a notch, even in 90 degree temps with the AC running. Joy, it heard me after all :crazy: Given how it acted a bit jittery I'd suspect the temp sensor more than the stat, but if you do one you do both. I didn't notice it act funny at all today, so I'm keeping my eyes on it in case it was a fluke, but I have this feeling I might be doing a t-stat and sensor change at some point now :crazy:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
DDonnie said:
View attachment 15722

I wonder what this button does...

I think I figured it out

susanapu.jpg

vatypa3a.jpg

e5uqavar.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Paint the whole thing with high heat the pad will wear off what it uses the rest stays black no rust showing ^yep what he said didn't see that post on my phone.

Did you use the same high heat for the rest of the wheel well or just clean it all? Everything looks very uniform sheen.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well it was yesturday but I didn't get around to posting... it's really happening :rotfl:.. the beaSSt's motor was pulled today in preparation for the crate motor...

Here she sits when I dropped her off..
20130626_105849_zps09d0b415.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
After you get it back and the broken in, you'll be camming it.... right? :biggrin:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Sweet. I should be up there Saturday if ya wanna get a bite to eat. Wonder if there is anyone else that would want to join on the no notice mini meet

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
New rotor and ceramic pads, thanks to the 24 month warranty at Autozone. Too bad the weather wouldn't cooperate... absolute downpour 3/4 the way through! :-(
azerehez.jpg

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Decided to bedline and paint my old crappy wheels. They look fantastic in person, and now I can sell the good ones and put the cash in the mod fund. Letting them dry overnight, but before and after....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372468912121.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372468912121.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36

chethro

Jun 15, 2013
Installed an Aries brush guard today. It took about 2 hours taking my time for the install. Next week, I will beef up the radiator supports and add some flat bar from the brush guard uprights to the bumper. I think I will add a skid plate to the bottom of the guard under the radiator as well.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grille fit perfectly, but decided not to leave it black. It did not go well with the overall look of the TB. Also, used VHT night shade on my rear reflectors. Should be installing the grille tomorrow after some wet sanding Sunday morning.

View attachment 29216

Attachments

• 20130629_124153.jpg
    20130629_124153.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 32

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
dmanns67 said:
Grille fit perfectly, but decided not to leave it black. It did not go well with the overall look of the TB. Also, used VHT night shade on my rear reflectors. Should be installing the grille tomorrow after some wet sanding Sunday morning.

I can tell you were having a good time painting, you painted ALL of the tape too! :raspberry:

Edit: Nevermind, my laptop screen made the blue part look like overhead light glare :duh:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
I can tell you were having a good time painting, you painted ALL of the tape too! :raspberry:

Edit: Nevermind, my laptop screen made the blue part look like overhead light glare :duh:

:rotfl: Yeah I had a little over spray, but there is still some blue tape left. I wanted to make sure I had nice even coats. :raspberry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
took apart my left rear brake that was making some noise. Found the lower slide pin was totally frozen. I had to stick the bracket in a vise and really beat on it to get the pin free. All cleaned up and working now however and I caught it in time before it wore the brake out too much.

Around 50k miles on these, I'll probably get another 15-20k out of them I'm guessing.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
CaptainKD said:
^^^ Killer. :biggrin:

That grill is seeeeexxxxxxyyyyy!

Thank you sir. It is a little dark in color right now, but will lighten up in a couple weeks like my mirror covers did. Definitely looks 100 times better than the stock grille. Now my TB is 100% debadged.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Grille looks sweet, now u gotta locate a old school chevy badge lol
But the rear is gorgeous

Thanks brother :thumbsup:

You must be referring to 05TBowner. His grille is similar,but it looks like the bottom part of the frame is cut off. I actually like the plain look and no badges what so ever on the TB.

The rear is getting there. I still need to do something with that rear step pad. Either paint it black, color match it, or remove it. No sure what mess I will find underneath.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:

You must be referring to 05TBowner. His grille is similar,but it looks like the bottom part of the frame is cut off. I actually like the plain look and no badges what so ever on the TB.

The rear is getting there. I still need to do something with that rear step pad. Either paint it black, color match it, or remove it. No sure what mess I will find underneath.

Yea, and do what i think STL did and just fill the holes under the step pad. It looks like you have a pretty good match with the paint so you dont have to worry about it really

Someone on the gmtnation group on fbook said rubbing peanut butter on the trim restores the color, creamy though, chunky makes a mess but you wont be dissapointed and it lasts 3+ months

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:

My grille comes in tomorrow, I may have to paint it as well...:undecided:

The rear step comes off very easily. Just pull up on the side closest to the liftgate, and it will pop out from that side and the other side is just a few tabs that slide into the bumper. Took me 30 seconds to get off. I painted mine with bed liner rattlecan from lowes.:thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Yea, and do what i think STL did and just fill the holes under the step pad. It looks like you have a pretty good match with the paint so you dont have to worry about it really

Someone on the gmtnation group on fbook said rubbing peanut butter on the trim restores the color, creamy though, chunky makes a mess but you wont be dissapointed and it lasts 3+ months

Yeah I have heard the same. I would use my heat gun before peanut butter though. Mice love peanut butter too.

24v 4.2 said:
My grille comes in tomorrow, I may have to paint it as well...:undecided:

The rear step comes off very easily. Just pull up on the side closest to the liftgate, and it will pop out from that side and the other side is just a few tabs that slide into the bumper. Took me 30 seconds to get off. I painted mine with bed liner rattlecan from lowes.:thumbsup:

Spec-D is very slow. Took them almost two weeks for my grille to get here. I installed my grille unpainted, but did not like the look. I really like it painted though.

Just so you know Spec-D provides six new grille clips with the grille. Mine were pretty beat up and needed replaced.

Bed liner is a good idea. Thanks for the heads up and info :thumbsup:

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Yeah I have heard the same. I would use my heat gun before peanut butter though. Mice love peanut butter too.

Spec-D is very slow. Took them almost two weeks for my grille to get here. I installed my grille unpainted, but did not like the look. I really like it painted though.

Just so you know Spec-D provides six new grille clips with the grille. Mine were pretty beat up and needed replaced.

Bed liner is a good idea. Thanks for the heads up and info :thumbsup:

Does our grille just pop off?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
24v 4.2 said:
Does our grille just pop off?

Yes it does. Use a flat head screw driver to pop out the (7) clips. There are four clips across the top, one on the bottom on each corner, and (1) clip in the middle. The new grille only uses (6) clips as the one in the middle is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online