Not open for further replies.

wesman43

Apr 30, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
I locked her up, and walked from the gym to work...she wouldn't crank :no:
security light on and just not cooperating with me :hissyfit:

will see what's up my next day off...hmph

Aww she's feeling neglected

Today took a look at my air filter, yes that was it. I took a peak, shut it back up, and went to work. Some day. :screwy:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Forgot to mention, after we did a lot to my freind's '03 TB. Driver side axle seal, new cv boots both sides, upper n lower ball joints driver side, new wheel hub and new slide pins n boots in front calipers. His TB was anxious to get out of the garage....

Attachments

• 20130621_182621.jpg
    20130621_182621.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 24

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Kept on getting P0440. Finally broke down and dropped the $11 on a new cap. So far, so good...
geruzu6u.jpg

Only thing that sucks is that I couldn't get the stock piece on that lets it hang off the door.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Hey Grey, I don't think its bright enough. :tongue:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
tokahao said:
Put her under the knife! :eek: Used a Dremel since I didn't want to shell out the cash for a proper 4.25" hole maker. Saved $40 (Milwaukee brand) and still got FWI install done :thumbsup:

View attachment 15638
View attachment 15639
View attachment 15640

Looks good, a lot cleaner than how mine turned out! What did you use around the edges? I wanted to put something like that lol.

And if you can't find anywhere to do the CASE relearn, I can call up my friends at the GMC / Cadillac dealership on Nimitz. I know about half the mechanics, the parts manager, and most of the parts guys. Had one of the younger mechanics do mine when I put in the new PCM.

tokahao

Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:
Looks good, a lot cleaner than how mine turned out! What did you use around the edges? I wanted to put something like that lol.

And if you can't find anywhere to do the CASE relearn, I can call up my friends at the GMC / Cadillac dealership on Nimitz. I know about half the mechanics, the parts manager, and most of the parts guys. Had one of the younger mechanics do mine when I put in the new PCM.

Thanks, might take you up on the offer if I can't do it here on Hickam at the Auto Hobby Shop. My grille has the washer fluid sprays for the headlights... since the replacement tank kit doesn't accommodate more than two pumps I cut up the lead hose and used that to line the hole. I'm all about cheap and free!! :cool:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Haha I have the same kit from PCM. I actually removed my pump for the rear nozzle, pulled the water line out, and pulled the fuse for the arm. Completely useless to me, can't wait until I finally shave it off. I would have put the pump for the headlight washer, but I cracked it with a wrench while getting off my mechanical fan and didn't feel like paying $82 (my price, regular is closer to $150) for the headlight washer pump from the dealership. Napa could not find the pump I needed.

And I'm almost positive the Hobby Shop won't be able to do it, I think you need the GM Tech II to do it. If they DO have one, it should only take you 5 minutes.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
CASE relearn can also be done by hp tuners scanner, or a dash hawk, if you have access to either of those

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Finally, my year and a half long battle will come to an end...

The dealership called me today and the beaSSt goes in Wednesday for the crate motor to get installed... Hoping that this is the final time I have to deal with this...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
Boost that thing.

oh there are some huge plans for her... IF.... all goes well... to the point where she will get trailered pretty much anywhere she goes...

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Alright! Finally getting the crate motor you deserve. Should have asked to pay the difference for an LS3 or LS7 crate hahaha

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
oh there are some huge plans for her... IF.... all goes well... to the point where she will get trailered pretty much anywhere she goes...

I call the block when you go Cast iron and Forged hahah

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I yanked off the exhaust tip that was dangling off and dragging on the ground... I did the res. delete about 8 yrs ago and I guess the welds finally gave up... No pics cause it's dark outside but I suppose I'll be calling around tomorrow to get another simple one put back on.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fr34kout said:
Alright! Finally getting the crate motor you deserve. Should have asked to pay the difference for an LS3 or LS7 crate hahaha

its been sitting at the dealer since memorial day weekend lol... but I had the big Midwest meet to go to, so I told them to wait until I come back... and I threw in the idea of a LS3.. but at this point.. im just glad we won the battle to get the crate motor...

STLtrailbSS said:
I call the block when you go Cast iron and Forged hahah

post saved :thumbsup: lol... at this point I don't know what direction I wanna go in... first is break in this motor, then get the tune, CAI, e-fans, and t-stat back in, then go headers, cam (with supporting head upgrades), and built trans w/3000 stall or higher.. then we'll see where I take it... boost could be in her future, forged for sure...but as I build her up, I know other things will break.. cost of playing with a race vehicle.. while the motor is brand new, all other components are still stock and aged... so we'll see..

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Carolina_Jake said:
View attachment 15668
I haven't noticed any difference in anything but sound...

Thats is all you will get from cutting the resonator off. It also cleans up the rear end IMO. You could always cut the stock muffler off and replace with a flowmaster or magnaflow. If you are wanting performance gains, a PCM tune is definitely the way to go.

Carolina_Jake

Jun 7, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Thats is all you will get from cutting the resonator off. It also cleans up the rear end IMO. You could always cut the stock muffler off and replace with a flowmaster or magnaflow. If you are wanting performance gains, a PCM tune is definitely the way to go.

You read my mind ... Im driving to the PCM4 Less North carolina office this week.... Its an hour away., so no big deal there... Cant wait to explore that !! Ohh and youre right, i only did the deleted res to clean her up some :wink: :thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Carolina_Jake said:
You read my mind ... Im driving to the PCM4 Less North carolina office this week.... Its an hour away., so no big deal there... Cant wait to explore that !! Ohh and youre right, i only did the deleted res to clean her up some :wink: :thumbsup:

I wish I would have went when I lived in NC. It would have been only a 4 hour drive or so. I hear they can tune the PCM while its in the truck and then you can take it for a test drive and the tuner will ride along and make adjustments if needed. Plus you will save quite a bit of money on shipping costs and downtime to the TB.

Your TB is looking great by the way! :thumbsup:

Carolina_Jake

Jun 7, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I wish I would have went when I lived in NC. It would have been only a 4 hour drive or so. I hear they can tune the PCM while its in the truck and then you can take it for a test drive and the tuner will ride along and make adjustments if needed. Plus you will save quite a bit of money on shipping costs and downtime to the TB.

Your TB is looking great by the way! :thumbsup:

Thanks alot mann,
Yeah the guy I just talked to said that he will ride with me and take a test drive while he programs the PCM in route... That'll be fun, I'll let ya know what all goes on....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hooker Aerochambers sound good on the I6

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
Note: I actually did this on Sunday. First posted on ORTB.

Well, I was finally able to get the TB up one the lift today. After I got the wheel and rotor off, I was able to indeed see I had a bad wheel seal. I didn't get any pics of the seal, but it was pushed out about 3/32 of an inch, at the top. Pulled the seal, and more bad news... Time for another bearing. And only 2 months later! Went to the parts store, got the bearing, and the axle wouldn't fit back in. Back to the parts store. They had indeed given me the right part number, but someone in QC must have been sleeping that day. Bearing was covered by warranty, and Timken upgrade was only 14$ more. All put back together now, and she's happy.

IMG_20130623_163304_406_zps65de24da.jpg

IMG_20130623_161045_543_zpsdde22dd9.jpg

IMG_20130623_161055_335_zps0e2828b1.jpg

IMG_20130623_161110_572_zpsa42c8a8e.jpg

jbacklund

Dec 16, 2012
Just drove my Trailblazer, fan clutch gave up... Time for E-fans.

Latest order from Amazon,

ACDelco 252-822 Water Pump Assembly"
"Purolator C15388 BreatheEASY Cabin Airfilter"
"Flex-a-lite 31163 Variable Speed Control Module with Threaded Temperature Sensor"
"Dayco 5060915 Serpentine Belt"
"ACDelco 251-2029 Gasket"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online