What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I drained my transmission today, and removed the pan and replaced the filter. Refilled with 5 qts of dex VI. I felt ambitious so I did the hayden fan clutch and ac delco water pump i've been sitting on. Fan is actually much louder, but i've heard they quiet down over time. I hope so anyway. OEM water pump lasted 160k, bearing started to squeal. Internals looked fine. I broke a water pump bolt while re-assembling. I checked the spec after I broke it, it was rated in INCH lbs (89 lb/in). Luckily autozone had a replacement. Glad I only broke one of them. I did use a little RTV on both sides of the gasket. This should be this trucks last water pump.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Sorry for pic whoring but i wanted to play with STL a little bit... Editing contest!!!!!! :rotfl:

That's a nice style pic but the other one is a white on black SS... You may need more of that ladies leg in it to win it...

Not much of an editor, but I'm sure you could make some sweet as pics with whatever you got!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
fr34kout said:
I've never messed with photoshop =/ all my pics are always raw and 99% of the time straight off my phone lol

LightRoom is pretty easy to bring the pictures to life, Photoshop is heavy chop and cut editing Light room is an adjustment program.
View attachment 28941 RAW
View attachment 28942 Lightroom
The only issue is when you try to bring some heavy adjustments the phone pictures really suffer you can tell in the cloud in this one, If you had a way to shoot in .RAW the possibilities are endless in lightroom.

ANYway back to GMT talk Im going to throw up a Show your edits thread go crazy lol.

Attachments

• 20130330_161343_zpsbd717d35.jpg
    20130330_161343_zpsbd717d35.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 26
  • 20130330_161343_zpsbd717d35.jpg
    20130330_161343_zpsbd717d35.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 26

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
The mailman came today.... And my shifter came in from 05tbowner!!!!!!
A month and a half to get from NY to toronto (a 6 hour drive) postal service needs to step their game up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 25

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Put the shifter on and mannn is it big lool
Also painted the center part of the hubs so you wouldnt see rust while im trying to figure out what to do with the center caps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 19

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
You should also hit up Tony for a set of chrome lugs with the 4 locking lugs. They're closed acorn shaped so they look a lot cleaner than the lugs that you have on now. Those rims look good on your truck :thumbsup:

DenaliHD66

Dec 4, 2011
I never really had the inclination to do the shifter upgrade, but I drive around with my hand resting on it, and that one looks way more comfortable. I've also thought about somehow incorporating a pad to the center console since my elbow rests on it.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Changing the water pump because I was not thinking about it when I changed my fan clutch...lesson learned, do it all at once.

Man...would sure appreciate an e-fan setup right about now, :yes: was not going to remove the shroud, radiator....this way is not drastically shorter just don't do it with a warm motor. Placed a piece of cardboard against the inside of the radiator for protection.

Attachments

• 0618131753a.jpg
    0618131753a.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 33

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Changed the spark plugs. Found two bad coil pack o rings and one plug that had backed out and had some blow back.
8u4esa9a.jpg

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
You should also hit up Tony for a set of chrome lugs with the 4 locking lugs. They're closed acorn shaped so they look a lot cleaner than the lugs that you have on now. Those rims look good on your truck :thumbsup:

I had a bad experience with those acorn lugs, they tend to expand a couple sizes bigger and the shells spin
But i do have 4 locks, im just lazy to put them on and take them off all the time

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
DenaliHD66 said:
I never really had the inclination to do the shifter upgrade, but I drive around with my hand resting on it, and that one looks way more comfortable. I've also thought about somehow incorporating a pad to the center console since my elbow rests on it.

Yea its really wide and real smooth but i dont like how it sticks out on the right because i'm used to holding mine on the side like a stick shift
You probably could with some modding but for me my console is comfortable enough :raspberry:

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Yea its really wide and real smooth. (Thats what she said) it sticks out on the right because i used to hold mine on the side like a stick shift ( Sounds like a personal problem to me)

Couldn't resist that one it was just to easy. :tongue:

DenaliHD66

Dec 4, 2011
gmcman said:
Changing the water pump because I was not thinking about it when I changed my fan clutch...lesson learned, do it all at once.

Man...would sure appreciate an e-fan setup right about now, :yes: was not going to remove the shroud, radiator....this way is not drastically shorter just don't do it with a warm motor. Placed a piece of cardboard against the inside of the radiator for protection.

This tan colored fan blade I've seen around... is it a lightweight alternative to the OEM ones? When its time to change my clutch I'm just going e-fans, but just curious.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:
This tan colored fan blade I've seen around... is it a lightweight alternative to the OEM ones? When its time to change my clutch I'm just going e-fans, but just curious.

Is there a different color fan blade out there? :confused:

Mine is original and is the same tan/beige color.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Installed a PCM of NC trans cooler with black braided hoses.

2013-06-18_17-01-38_408.jpg

2013-06-18_17-01-50_361.jpg

2013-06-18_17-01-01_14.jpg

Directions were so so, had to add a couple washers to keep it away from the condenser and definitely had to trim more than the small picture showed. Didnt really say how to route the hoses either, so i think i did it the best way. Besides that, everything is plug n play and goes together real nice. I'd give them a solid 9/10 for this product, and guys with a body lift should have no problem running this, lots of extra hose.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:

That fan is the stocker. Does have some heft to it.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
fireman4215 said:
Changed the spark plugs. Found two bad coil pack o rings and one plug that had backed out and had some blow back.
8u4esa9a.jpg

Did you put anti seize on (when those old plugs were originally installed I mean)?

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
My stock radiator fan was black plastic. Might be a difference between the I6 and V8? That or it changed after a certain year.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe they just changed the plastic on later years.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Did you put anti seize on (when those old plugs were originally installed I mean)?

No I didn't. This is the first time I've ever had problems with my spark plugs it was a couple of blown o rings and a spark plug that had came loose and had some blow back.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Strong vibration between 65 and 75 and after having the tires balanced bearings replaced only thing left was the drive shaft it was out enough that it shook the balance machine it was on

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Nothing special

Riveter
Drill, drill bit 3/16
Marker
Measuring tape
Masking tape
Automatic center punch

Fairly simple

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
fr34kout said:
My stock radiator fan was black plastic. Might be a difference between the I6 and V8? That or it changed after a certain year.

Prob a year change, mine is an 02 so prob a few changes after the first year.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Helped my friend with his '03 TB (if he learns the computer and signs up he be called Mr. Framer), started by wanting to change axle seal on driver side. Also ended up to change the wheel hub, both upper n lower ball joints and took the cv shaft apart to put a new boot on. Learned lots today. The new seal will be in tomorrow the NAPA one was too small so we ordered a GM one. Then tomorrow gonna pull passenger side off and do the cv boot on that one too, hopefully no more ball joints or a wheel hub.

Attachments

• DSC03415.jpg
    DSC03415.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03416.jpg
    DSC03416.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03417.jpg
    DSC03417.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03418.jpg
    DSC03418.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03419.jpg
    DSC03419.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 24

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Wishbone said:
Got a new HID ballast from a fellow GMTN bud, Woohoo!

Also got some Timken wheel hubs delivered, hoping this fixes the problem with my cruise control...
View attachment 15384

Got my new Timken wheel hubs installed. Waddaya know... My cruise works perfectly now at speeds above 68-69mph!!! Lesson learned... Don't buy cheap off brand wheel hubs!

tokahao

Dec 9, 2011
rmsg0040 said:
Why did I take so long to pull the trigger? Just installed!

Awesome. Opened the hood today for no reason but to have it stay open on its own. Fell in love all over again :tongue:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
24v 4.2 said:
I ordered the same grill! It just shipped today

Where did you order your grille from? Have you decided to color match it or leave it black?

If you are going to paint it yourself, I recommend the website I listed above. I used their to color match my mirror covers. I was skeptical at first since I have metallic paint, but it is spot on. The paint is mixed based on the color code you will find on the data plate in your glove box. You are looking at 5-8 business days turn around time for the paint. The only issue I found was the website might call the paint color something different, but go by the paint code.

They also have sand paper, prep solvent, adhesion promoter, primer, and clear coat as well. I picked up everything besides the paint from Advance Auto.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Where did you order your grille from? Have you decided to color match it or leave it black?

If you are going to paint it yourself, I recommend the website I listed above. I used their to color match my mirror covers. I was skeptical at first since I have metallic paint, but it is spot on. The paint is mixed based on the color code you will find on the data plate in your glove box. You are looking at 5-8 business days turn around time for the paint. The only issue I found was the website might call the paint color something different, but go by the paint code.

They also have sand paper, prep solvent, adhesion promoter, primer, and clear coat as well. I picked up everything besides the paint from Advance Auto.

I was planning to leave it black to match my wheels. But I may have to look into that.:undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Filled it with fuel. Had some discounts from the grocery and got premium for $3.57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online