What did you do to your GMT today? [Part II]

flyboy2610

Registered Member
Nice tires! Looks like plenty of nice deep siping. That'll help in the snow.

Eric04

Silver Supporter
Nice tires! Looks like plenty of nice deep siping. That'll help in the snow.
They are the club exclusive version of the Defender series, which most people are very happy with in the snow. Last winter in MI wasn't even winter so odds are I will find out how good the tires are this year.

NJTB

Silver Supporter
Ran over a road gator, took out the entire passenger side fender liner. Called a couple of junkyards, they said they had a couple of Trailblazers in the yard, and was getting ready to make the time to go and get one. Not happy about it because it's been raining constantly for the last week.
Just for shits and giggles, I Googled 'inner fender liner', never expecting they were available, but they are. Ordered one from Amazon, should be here Thursday.

Mooseman

Master Blaster
With the break-in now over, I setup the WDH on the Sierra. Actually no setup at all since it wound up being perfect with the Avalanche's setup. Front ride height was at its unloaded height (37" at fender center) and the rear squatted 1/2" bringing it to 37 1/4". Then towed it to the wastewater treatment plant where they have an RV dump station however I didn't check prior and found it closed on weekends (like that makes sense for RV'ers). Also wound up having to put diesel in it when the light came on. It took 87.9L after being driven 872 km. Not able to calculate actual consumption however the DIC said my best was 7.6L/100 km (~31 mpg). I disregarded my average since it did tow with it at the end of the tank.

Something interesting, I was able to accidentally light up the tires even with the trailer hooked up. No wonder since it has almost the same torque as big brother 6.6L Duramax.

:jawdrop2:

Mooseman

Master Blaster
330,000+ and counting!
That's in miles? That is really good. Mine was scrapped at the same number but in KM because of a dead trans. Wasn't worth it to fix.

Mike534x

Hobbyist
Replaced the rear glass lift struts. Bought a pair for the XL/EXT instead of the SWB, but got the correct ones in today. Old ones felt weak but held up, but its nice to have the glass sit higher then when it was sagging before.

Also installed a new plastic cover on the driver seat for the position/lumbar controls, since the plastic clips broke away again. This'll make it replacement #2 within 3 years. I suppose its time to find a shop to replace/renew the foam padding. I'd do it myself, but I don't feel comfortable with undoing everything and having it all go back together correctly...

cornchip

Hobbyist
Abandoned the Trailblazer at the bottom of the driveway......another no start event. Happy I have a new spare vehicle to drive. I'll try and have a look around the site tonight and read some of the many 'no start threads' as it's bound to be something new.

Mektek

Hobbyist
Replaced the rear glass lift struts. Bought a pair for the XL/EXT instead of the SWB, but got the correct ones in today. Old ones felt weak but held up, but its nice to have the glass sit higher then when it was sagging before.

Also installed a new plastic cover on the driver seat for the position/lumbar controls, since the plastic clips broke away again. This'll make it replacement #2 within 3 years. I suppose its time to find a shop to replace/renew the foam padding. I'd do it myself, but I don't feel comfortable with undoing everything and having it all go back together correctly...
I did the foam repair job a few years ago. Remove the outer side of the leather seat cover to get to the flattened foam underneath. I cut out pieces of foam from another gm seat and glued them in on top of the old foam to lift it back to original height.

littleblazer

Gold Supporter
Put seat heat in the second row of the colorado... mainly because I can so I did. :tongue:

cornchip

Hobbyist
Got the TB back up the driveway. Shotgunned a new ignition switch (dash lights were funky before) and remained the same after replacement. Checked the starter with a jumper at the relay and that seems OK. Neutral safety seems fine also. Another observation I noted before it got too dark.....I put my hand on the large connector next to the fuse box and I heard the clatter of the throttle body....good right? The bad thing that I noticed right after was small wift's of smoke from the harness below the front cavity PCM plug. Can't be good. How could they be related?

My thoughts....I still have a NOS engine harness for this. It's a big change all at once....and might hide a simpler problem without fixing anything.....not that it would hurt. I'll
get more into it on the weekend.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Master Blaster
Gave some love to the TB. After doing an oil change on the Caprice prior to storage tomorrow, I also did the TB's since it was at 12% OLM and over a year since it was done. I have to drive it more. The brake rotors are rusting quite a bit and the parking brake hardly does anything. I may temporarily take it off the road since we currently don't need two vehicles but then I am also thinking of sparing the new Sierra from some of the winter driving and use the TB more.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfulcher
Top Bottom