Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube farm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, after driving the wife to work, went out for breakfast, then home. Putzed on the dishwasher which wasn't working right, and then, after lunch, went out in -20c to pull out the rear driveshaft on my wife's CR-V after seeing that the rear u-joint has failed again. It is now a 2wd until I can fix it again. Now gotta go pick up the wife :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My back was cooperating a bit today, so did some crawling under the sink, and the rear access panel in the neighboring cabinet to get a better idea of what I was dealing with, with my faucet swap. The connection from the copper line to faucet was 1/2" and the new faucet takes M10. The included supply lines are only 20", and I knew I'd need at least double that. Used my wire snake and some tape, to measure off 40" (the longest line I could find available) and it will just barely clear with no kinks.

Pulled the water line off to get a better look at the failing seal....

20190128_184535.jpg20190128_184642.jpg

You can see it's worn down on that top edge, I suspect that's where it was leaking from. Most of the faucet near there was pretty corroded from what I could feel. Hand was nice and nasty after unscrewing the plastic connector. Now I gotta wait until Wednesday when the new lines arrive. So cold water only for a little longer.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Who knew auto zone includes a free riot shield when you rent a spring compressor. Featuring my neighbor Spencer. FF978036-7F3C-4B7B-8CE1-A8C33AD335E7.jpeg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man but from my office and in the field a bit.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube farm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Had my gallbladder taken out today. Now I'm limited to 20 pounds of lifting for 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any weird side effects. I am interested as they are talking about possibly taking mine out. My wife had hers taken out November 2017, with no side effects. My brother had his taken out in 2012, and he cant eat without being near a bathroom. A friend in another forum had hers taken out in 2016, and cant go without being near a bathroom as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Had my gallbladder taken out today. Now I'm limited to 20 pounds of lifting for 2 weeks.

Tomorrow I go in to see if they will remove my 10 lb restriction after 6 weeks. Had umbilical hernia and it has sucked not being able to help with kids through Christmas and this month

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Tried to have an "out with the old, in with the new" episode, but life is never that easy. Removed the kitchen sink's old faucet and pipes...

20190130_171300.jpg
...hooked up the new lines to the new faucet, fed them through the sink and snugged up the plastic nut to get it in place. Routed the lines through to the neighboring cabinet and this happens... Somehow I mis-measured, and came up a few inches short. Measure twice, curse once should probably also be a saying. :hissyfit: Footlong extensions have been ordered.

20190130_173241.jpg

Would really be nice to get this done and over with. Contrary to what some may believe from my projector retrofits, I'm not a very patient person. :no:

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Why not just buy water lines at your local Lowe's or whatever?

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Slow day in the office, but I've got meetings all over the place. About to walk into number 3 of 4, so that's something to do. Looking forward to getting home, threw some chicken in the crock pot to make tacos tonight (and the next couple of nights)

Why not just buy water lines at your local Lowe's or whatever?

That was my first choice, but they never have the ones I want/need locally, and didn't even have the kind with the M10 fitting on one end. Everything was also female to female, they didn't have any extensions. I assume that's why the PO made his own lines, now if he had just left the sink along the wall like all the other houses built with the same layout, it wouldn't be an issue... #WhenModdingGoesWrong

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working a bit at both jobs and finally feeling like there may be a little light at the tunnel end. But frustrated that my DR appt got moved to the morning

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just got back from sledding in the Minden, ON area. Trailered my sled to and from there 670km/5 hours. TB handled it well as usual. Beautiful trails there after the fresh snow.

Tomorrow morning, trailering it again, heading to our cottage, which is about 1.5 hours away, for the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and xavierny25
D

Deleted member 20902

Brakes, rotors, brake sensor, lower control arms, oil change, top off fluids, replace tag lights on a 2011 BMW X50i M Sport 4.4L bi-turbo. This thing was quick, sport mode ftw!!

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finally climbed up in the attic to get the water descaler installed. Instructions said it was best to install it where the water main enters the house, which meant I had to get to one of the corners far from the access hatch. Didn't have enough boards to get where I needed to go, so had to shift some stuff around. Ended up taking the large piece of MDF from my failed vacuum table project and a scrap piece of plywood, using those near the hatch, and moving the smaller ones further out in the tighter places.

Forgot to put knee pads on, so halfway through wrapping the first coil, my knees reminded me just how big of a mistake that was. Wasn't about to go get them, and have to make another round trip, so gutted it out and got the 2nd coil wrapped. Nowhere to really hang the module or mount it, so put a 2x4 to prop it up so I can see the indicator lights from the access hatch (if I hold my phone up high enough) Now just have to wait, and see how well this thing works.

20190202_102803.jpg

Got cleaned up, now relaxing for a bit. Need to go get some groceries for tomorrow, and the next week, fill up the EXT. Probably a few other errands I should take care of too, and not procrastinate.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Got to do a decent amount of driving today for the first time since the new struts, springs, front sway bar endlinks, and tune. Overall very happy with the results. Tires rub less from the new springs. Less body roll, probably due to the end links. The tune perked it up, no longer choked out by torque management. Struts seem to perform a little better than the old. The old struts were also bilsteins and while they were super crusty, seemed to be in decent working condition. Front end is noticeably stiffer though with the new springs. Feels like a brand new truck. I also missed being taller than most everyone and being able to see over them. One of the big things I didn’t like about driving my moms bmw while my truck was down. Super happy though. :2thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working on some reports at my office and then church with the family and then prolly smoke something on the pellet grill and then maybe witness the superbowl

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally climbed up in the attic to get the water descaler installed.

Do keep us updated on this. I am very interested on how it works out for you as I would love to ditch the water softener and get something like this to help with scale and rust.

For me, today, letting the body rest after spending the weekend getting my snowmobile out from slush on the lake at the cottage. Everybody got stuck. I got stuck twice, my son once and my nephew 4+ times. Did not make for a pleasant weekend. 😡

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Changing oil in the TA

Aug 28, 2017
Georgia
Well not what I wanted to do when we left home earlier.My 04 Envoy with 126,858 miles on it and not a single scratch on it just got rear ended:quiverlips::hissyfit: tonight by a 02 Toyota Camry.These trucks are tough when hit in the rear broke my bumper cover and bent its brace but the Toyota has a bowed hood,bent fenders,headlights and grill all over the road and puking antifreeze and oil :crackup:,it left on a flat bed and I drove off.I do need a parts diagram for this area of the 04 Envoy if anyone has it please so I can see what all is in that area that's bent.

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_192712.jpg
    IMG_20190204_192712.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20190204_192934.jpg
    IMG_20190204_192934.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not much there to bend, prolly just plastic needs replaced.

Today is another cube day

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Now that my neighbor has moved out, I can finally practice my metal vocals anytime I want! That is until they finish remodeling and someone else moves in....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube, but its ok cause its rainy out anyway

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Been a pretty slow hump day in the office. Decent amount of interesting work to do this morning to keep me occupied, but nada most of the afternoon. Bad part about that, is I start browsing the web for stuff I don't need... Today's episode of interwebz window shopping "Let's see what the prices are for power folding mirrors again"

For the most part, prices haven't budged much, but they do offer them with clear turn signal lenses now. There have been a couple of recent occasions where they would have come in handy due to tight parking situations, or people not being good at putting their vehicle in the middle of the spot next to my door. :mad:

Reactions: Mooseman

Adamc0909

Dec 14, 2017
Monticello ga
What am I doing today y’all may ask , trying to figure out why all of the sudden all of my door speakers quit working. The only audio coming out is from subs in the back. 🙄🙄🙄

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Last night I had to stop by my brothers shop to check in on his powder coating oven that had a wire short out and fry 2 relays.
While I was there he showed me a few of my parts that he had to redo and the spacers I brought him lat week.87404
Rear calipers
rear shock spacers

This morning I'm on my iron horse ride to work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the personal office and doing a multitude of project....woo hoo

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sitting at home watching the freezing rain and rain melt away the white gold :frown:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work stuff. And hoping I get my truck back today.

D

Deleted member 20902

Assembling 4L60E, and 3.8 grand national long block! Then maybe washing all of our cars!

Also the torque converter clutch locked up on the 06 tb 4x4! So I've got to drop the Trans and install new tc. Fml

Stay away from CVC converters, 3rd failure in 2 years. I'm not using them anymore.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just put a deposit on a snowmobile, sight unseen except for this one pic. $3500 for a $5000-6000 sled ain't bad. Only problem it has is it needs a new track. Talked to the dealer that put it up on Kijiji and he says he's even surprised it's still there and he just dropped the price. Nothing wrong except the track. So either tomorrow or Monday, heading to Barrie, ON on a 5 hour drive to pick it up. My only worry it won't fit my trailer :dunce:

Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hoping this afternoon goes quick so i can get out of here.

Reactions: Blckshdw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online