The Worst Appearance Mods

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah, he's way too cool for Walmart. :crackup:

Haven't seen a single body kit that I like. I feel like a body kit screams ricer no matter what it's on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Yeah, he's way too cool for Walmart. :crackup:

Haven't seen a single body kit that I like. I feel like a body kit screams ricer no matter what it's on.
Only thing like a body kit I can say I like are ground effects kits. That's it

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I figure the TB SS front bumper for the Envoy would be considered part of a body kit. I do like a lower front valance maybe with a splitter. Discrete rear spoiler is okay. All depends on the car and its use.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
mcsteven said:
I figure the TB SS front bumper for the Envoy would be considered part of a body kit. I do like a lower front valance maybe with a splitter. Discrete rear spoiler is okay. All depends on the car and its use.
Okay, I can make one exception, the Envoy SS bumper.

Reactions: mcsteven

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I was simply saying that not all body kits are bad. I mentioned the Voy-SS bumper. For me, I think if it's a little discreet it's good, though I do think a lot of the Asian cars lend themselves well to some of the more outrageous kits. On my 2000 Galant I had front, rear, and side lower panels; splitters up front; a top of rear window air dam; 17" wheels & tires with the car lowered 1" in front and 3/4" in back. No megatron face or dragster spoilers.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Never thought of an Olsmobile Alero as a sports car let alone worth a body kit and a BIG ASS SPOILER FTW!
Then you haven't spent enough time in the Midwest. All kinds of kids out there trying to pass Aleros off as low-rent Ferraris.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Aleros are junk anyway about it

Reactions: Mounce

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Noel Crystal said:
The door guards need to go but other than that I like it.
Yeah, this is certainly one to remove the stripping. And the O. Change the name to Envy.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:confused: Can't say that there are any bad appearance mods on that one. :no:
Noel Crystal said:
The door guards need to go but other than that I like it.
And the glass antenna needs to go as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sweet...

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Um, :no: , :no: , :no: . :hissyfit:

And on the Cobalt - even raceday they need to see in front of them.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Mounce - you're fired. No more comedy reviews from you.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
You're rehired

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:iagree:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:squint: Is it me, or does the exhaust pipe angle back towards the trunk? If so, maybe they use it to tie a tether, so people can roller-ski behind it down the road? :confused:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Actually, it's a flapper. The angled part is the hinge. :rotfl: :eek:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
?? The exhaust is on the passenger side with a chrome tip. This looks more like some sort of 1 sided bumper protector or maybe part of a bike rack or carrier.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
mcsteven said:
?? The exhaust is on the passenger side with a chrome tip. This looks more like some sort of 1 sided bumper protector or maybe part of a bike rack or carrier.
I thought that was a trailer hitch.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
You're right. Hard to tell on small screen. So, I'll bet its part of a carrier for bike or something.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, I mostly see those for bike racks or wheel chair carriers down here. Every once in a while, I'll see one pulling a Uhaul and I just SALTS (to borrow from the :whore: thread :biggrin:) cuz it's usually someone in a Del Sol or something that would be at the bottom of your list of vehicles likely to be seen towing something.

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angree

Members Online