Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Couldn't help myself... :dielaugh:

I do NOT support this mod!

6c0b9b39cbb39a8a05fbd884269f5368.jpg
You are not the first one to mention such mod in some form...

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Android unit ftw! I ripped off my pinstripes and I guess I am about to repaint my driver side skirt. My daughter stepped on it in the back and knocked the paint of, then I kicked it and knocked more paint off. Smh

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sleepy has a nice Clarion that may fit the bill, but I could look into the android. No name kinda scares me on them. got a recommendation to look at?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
Sleepy has a nice Clarion that may fit the bill, but I could look into the android. No name kinda scares me on them. got a recommendation to look at?
I've only really looked at the Pioneer Android radios, but I'm sure other big name manufacturers make them too. :twocents:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I see them now that I am looking, but it triples the budget.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Do it once and never have to do it again. (Said no one with a mod bug ever [emoji13] )

To DIC or to not. That's been my struggle.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would spend money if it was the DD, bt with it being toy status but still used often, it is harder to justify replacing a nice Alpine with all the features i want but double din....

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There is an android head unit designed specifically to fit my Silverado's dash. Made by "Pumpkin" - sounds funny but reviews on it are surprisingly good. I'm tempted to get one when budget allows. The factory radio sucks.

Reactions: Blckshdw

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The clarion has better specs then the android. I do like the 10 band equalizer vs 3 with the clarion. I personally wasn't a fan of clarion, always felt it was expensive for what you actually get. But that unit seems pretty stout. I vote clarion.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I had great luck with them myself. Was always a Pioneer fan for solid basic units but the Clarions and Alpines seemed to be nicer but at a cost.

I keep wanting more features and extras, but in all honesty I listen to local radio for Reds games sometimes or the Ipod nearly the rest of the time. Every once in a while some gives me a cd to listen to.

I think it would be cool to be able to listen to things through my phone at times and have navigation, but those are not things I would use much.

Reactions: littleblazer

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My next radio is gonna be one of the Android app radios, or a multimedia player (no radio) I haven't listened to a radio station in over 10 years. It's always been through my phone, or MP3 player. And the only reason I have a DVD player now, is for the large screen to go with the backup camera.

When the prices come down a little more, I may pull the trigger, and try to resell my Pioneer to soften the blow to the wallet some.

Now you wanna talk about something nice to have, but at a cost? I was researching car DVR systems again last night. The different resolution codes, which cameras had the most TV lines in a small package. :undecided: I still want to have a 4 channel setup someday. That would be bad ass! :yes:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I went with Clarion in the Tb and liked the unit I had but I went to an Alpine Multimedia head unit in the Astro after I realized I used the IPod more then anything in the Trailblazer and Camry.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have alpine multimedia w iPod link n all that now. Just want a touchscreen n something new really.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've started looking at halos....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
pics!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Well sparky.....i may end up with your nickname shortly once i start doing the electrical upgrades to the van! Damn mod bug has it in its head that it wants to go full bore LED lighting with extra 12 v plugs on top of the Inverter and dual battery bank for the "house" batteries....

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
littleblazer said:
I've started looking at halos....
I would advise against cob. One of mine started losing individual LEDs by three months. I'm, by far, not the only person with that issue. Trs claims their new switchback halos don't have that problem but they're too new to know yet.

Reactions: littleblazer

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Is it a bad thing that i want to take apart the turnsignals of the Astro and try to figure out how to retrofit or have them retrofitted with LED..possibly Switchback style panels?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Of course not.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
But it'll look cooler.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sparky said:
Of course not.
Ok...at least that proves im not totally nuts yet lol

Mounce said:
Buuuuut it'd be easier just to get a bright ass 5630 switchback and put into it.
If it wasnt for the corroded and damaged turn signal socket on the drivers side i would look more in this direction...but then again there is always splicing on a new socket to get there...

littleblazer said:
But it'll look cooler.
Yep...something different from stock astros for sure..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Ok...at least that proves im not totally nuts yet lol
Well I wouldn't go that far :rotfl:

Reactions: Mounce

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So I started playing with photoshop with a picture of stock Silverado 18" wheels. Thinking maybe I could do this semi-custom route without breaking the bank perhaps, although some corrosion on the wheel face would need fixed first.

WE-560-5353-SET-001-Small.jpg
Silverado18painted.jpg

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I agree! Plastidip them first to see how you like it. And if you do get them painted or powder coated

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Be some tape work, but i dig it

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I just wonder how much it'll cost to fix and recoat the corroded surfaces, then coat them in black. Won't happen right away (money) but I'll at least look into it more now that I've done the photochop

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
The LED tail lights and LED 3rd brake light look awesome on the F150. Sad to say, I really could not tell a difference in brightness in the 3157 reverse lights with 5730 chips when comparing them to my 1156 reverse light with 5630 chips. They are a huge improvement over the 3157 incandescent bulbs.

One of the contacts broke off the for 212 interior light so I had to order a new interior light from EBay. LEDs are on the way for the interior as well.

The OE headlights on the F150 are horrible, even after upgrading to headlights with clear lenses. Since TRS is having their sale this weekend, I am going to pick up the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projector kit and retro the F150 headlights. Also ordered some new F150 Harley Davidson version headlights that are all black and 3157 LEDs for the turn signals.

Since the wife has had my TB a lot over the last couple weeks and weekends, I figured since I cannot mod the TB, I would mod her F150. She actually noticed the upgrades and really loved the LED tails. I know she will appreciate having projectors in the headlights.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pics, sir?

If the headlights have the same adjusters as the older 94-98 mustangs you might wanna invest in the special ford tool. I think it's like $20. All I know is, quarter inch ratchet and 4.5mm or 5.5mm socket (can't remember which one) barely gets the job done on my car due to lack of adequate space. Been needing to adjust mine some but haven't due to how much of a pita it is.

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online