Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Capote said:
Oh cool :biggrin: Yeah sometimes I think about changing it up a little bit by getting maybe 1 white glow bar from LEDGLOW and maybe zip tying it to the header panel, but still in the same spot. When I first put the 2 LED strips behind the grill, the only way I could really mount them was on that small part of the header panel that is at a slight downward angle. That's why they're visible. Either way I still like the way it turned out. Would be awesome to see how you go about it. Would really recommend you try an LEDGLOW glow bar. Would create a nice ambient glow behind the grill.
Well I will be working on it soon enough. and this is what i wanted to do to the floorboards front/rear

$_57.JPG

Ignore the bottom parts of the picture, my shit won't be plugged into the lighter plug lol

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Well I will be working on it soon enough. and this is what i wanted to do to the floorboards front/rear

$_57.JPG

Ignore the bottom parts of the picture, my shit won't be plugged into the lighter plug lol
Footwells always turn out well :biggrin:
lol yeah don't worry, ignoring the pic with the cig plug goes without saying my friend :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Pics of strips you chose? Or link?

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
I am thinking about giving these a try. (2) in the grill and one for each floorboard.

LED Strips
I know a few people who have used those type of LED strips. They're not very durable from what i've been told.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
They Probably didn't install voltage regulators.....
They were the kinda people who have those ghetto ass cars who go to those ghetto ass audio shops that do ghetto ass work, lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
BlazingTrails said:
I don't see any point in doing e-fans on the i6. it doesn't take up power.......
I know the whole power thing is debatable but I thank them every time I have to work in the engine bay of my truck. Had the replace the alternator a few times and it is a 20 minute job now. The belt is a joke. I can see my A/C compressor working without having to strain myself. The coolant temp sensor started leaking because I hadn't tightened it enough. Took 25 minutes with the alternator removal. Water pump? Ha!

I just have this vast open space where an ugly shroud used to be.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Mooseman said:
I know the whole power thing is debatable but I thank them every time I have to work in the engine bay of my truck. Had the replace the alternator a few times and it is a 20 minute job now. The belt is a joke. I can see my A/C compressor working without having to strain myself. The coolant temp sensor started leaking because I hadn't tightened it enough. Took 25 minutes with the alternator removal. Water pump? Ha!

I just have this vast open space where an ugly shroud used to be.
I could definitely see an advantage in that regard. If my clutch ever goes out I would do efans. And I'm doing Efans with the 408 stroker anyway :smile:

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Addicted to the point of carrying mods around just in case i can get time to do them.

Reactions: BHAMER

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Too much work modding new house but got another pile of parts for truck for before jambo

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Addicted to the point of carrying mods around just in case i can get time to do them.
Still have a tiny little scanning style blue LED strip I bought while I was in NY on leave back in July, sitting in my storage compartment. :rotfl:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shocks, exhaust parts, speakers, mounts for roof rack, LEDs, decals....prolly more in the truck but at least that

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Shocks, exhaust parts, speakers, mounts for roof rack, LEDs, decals....prolly more in the truck but at least that
Geez man :rotfl: you should go take a pic of what you got in the back waiting to be fiddled with :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Trailz I think you should be The Poster Child for this thread. We are here for you borther :love0001:

:crackup:
:iagree:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The seal kit for steering rack and relay for light bar in there too

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
The seal kit for steering rack and relay for light bar in there too
Is there some sort of auto parts portal in your TB that you're not telling us about? :undecided: :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Garage is a mess so truck us storage for its own goodies for a bit

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The Goodies Mobile :thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
No Not anyone, i would kill myself before doing that to a corvette. i saw a video on YouTube a couple of years ago of this car, and the guy that owned it was talking about all the stuff he did to it. i almost threw up in my mouth, but the laughter had me so confused...... :no:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
No Not anyone, i would kill myself before doing that to a corvette. i saw a video on YouTube a couple of years ago of this car, and the guy that owned it was talking about all the stuff he did to it. i almost threw up in my mouth, but the laughter had me so confused...... :no:
By any chance do you remember what the title of that vid may be? lol i'd like to take a gander at it myself

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
I just tried to find it, i am not sure what to type to get it to come up?? I know it was the same car, you don't see a raped corvette every day...... :hissyfit:
i'll try to look for it, if I find it, i'll post it

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I need to get my new garage organized so I can do a few of my mods and some maintenance.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There was a video posted on here within the last couple of months. I thought it was THAT corvette, but it was a woman selling it IIRC

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014