Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Still on truck...

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
You know your a modaholic when you walk into your local NAPA and the guys' says, "what's getting painted purple today Jeff."

Let the mod discussions begin.

How much is it for this course anyway? :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Don't hate the player....

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Sir ffeJ said:
You know your a modaholic when you walk into your local NAPA and the guys' says, "what's getting painted purple today Jeff."

Let the mod discussions begin.

How much is it for this course anyway? :rotfl:
Seriously tho, you don't have to pay to play bro, you're welcome anywhere anytime regardless!!

You do seem to like that purple paint. Do you buy it by the case? Have you thought about painting dash pieces?

I have a lot of white paint lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have layers of different color paint...prevents rust

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
Do you buy it by the case?
No need, my wife works for NAPA. Can you say "serious discount", I know you can. :biggrin:
I'm trying to keep it subtle looking. I have done the vents and other various items. Door lock indicator, fold down back seat latches, window switches

This is only a fraction of some of the mods. Enjoy
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Golitech/library/GMT%20Nation/Mods

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Hello everyone

The other week I was itching to do something, anything. I had already gardened the weeds, and made some dirty dishes just so I could wash them in my new dishwasher(mod thought). Damn it.

I kept looking at my E-Box and thinking, what can I do. For days I would rack my brain, at night I would wake mumbling mod stuff. As I sat on my patio relaxing with beer and thinking of another mod(doh), it finally came to me. I'm a modaholic and this powerful disease has got me by the balls.

Just like when I was a kid and listened to my inner ninja( yes roadie you're not the only ninja here), I had decided it's not what's on the inside that counts, but rather the outside. The outcome is a fresh new look on my E-Box.

Thanks for listening. My name is Jeff and I'm a modaholic.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Sir ffeJ said:
Hello everyone

The other week I was itching to do something, anything. I had already gardened the weeds, and made some dirty dishes just so I could wash them in my new dishwasher(mod thought). Damn it.

I kept looking at my E-Box and thinking, what can I do. For days I would rack my brain, at night I would wake mumbling mod stuff. As I sat on my patio relaxing with beer and thinking of another mod(doh), it finally came to me. I'm a modaholic and this powerful disease has got me by the balls.

Just like when I was a kid and listened to my inner ninja( yes roadie you're not the only ninja here), I had decided it's not what's on the inside that counts, but rather the outside. The outcome is a fresh new look on my E-Box.

Thanks for listening. My name is Jeff and I'm a modaholic.

Can you take a picture of it in your GMT? looks cool

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So I've impatiently watched for the mail every day since I ordered my LEDs, checked tracking, paced...

Help me guys.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just checked tracking again....for 2nd time today

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Is it mod addiction when you check the shipping tracking info multiple times a day as new goodies come?
Been doing that ALL week! I keep missing the UPS guy! He always comes at like 12:22pm, either i'm passed out sleeping or already left to go back to work. Whenever I order parts, it's a guarantee that i'll miss the 1st drop off and have to sign the little consent note to have him leave it at the door. It bums me out to have to wait another day all the time.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That's what's nice about the wife being stay at home mom. She is there to sign for my mods

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Well my wife hated it when I ordered parts... and well we're currently seperated :frown: ... no one here to sign for it anyway

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Capote said:
Been doing that ALL week! I keep missing the UPS guy! He always comes at like 12:22pm, either i'm passed out sleeping or already left to go back to work. Whenever I order parts, it's a guarantee that i'll miss the 1st drop off and have to sign the little consent note to have him leave it at the door. It bums me out to have to wait another day all the time.
I hate ups!

Reactions: Capote and JamesL3

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
BlazingTrails said:
I hate ups!
Tell me about it. I bought smoked lenses for my mirrors off of Aarkon and waited patiently for them to arrive, only to get them shattered in 7 pieces. Still bummed about that one as I have my led turn signals from TxBlazer waiting to be installed...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I once ordered a pair of high chairs for our twins, only to have one one of them arrive broken right at the part where one of the legs attach. I believe it was a pair of UPS guys, I've seen some travel together I guess for training or whatever, but these 2 guys whom I suspected probably threw my shit around rushing because they're too busy bs-ing all the time. I like it when my packages arrive from Fedex, they'll just leave my stuff behind the stairs. Never had an issue with them. Oh well, can't control who Amazon chooses as their delivery method.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Well for the last couple of weeks I have controlled myself pretty well, I haven't spent ANY money on my truck. My fingers are itching so bad to click "Buy it now" on ebay on a lot of shit. I don't know what to do I don't want to fall off the wagon. I need encouragement......

this is the stuff i am trying not to buy......

Pillar Black Out Kit

Power Folding Mirrors

Shift Kit

Heat Wrap

A/F Gauge

Hide Away Kit

Intake Manifold

Move Bitch Horn

Pillar Pod Tri

BADDASSNESS

I am growing weaker by the moment HELP!!

Reactions: BHAMER

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I think the pillar black out would look good on a white TB. What about the TBSS front and rear bumper covers? Maybe Kook's header? Full catback exhaust? E-fans? PCM retune, after the above have been installed?

Should I be adding to the list or telling you that you do not need those items :undecided:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
Well for the last couple of weeks I have controlled myself pretty well, I haven't spent ANY money on my truck. My fingers are itching so bad to click "Buy it now" on ebay on a lot of shit. I don't know what to do I don't want to fall off the wagon. I need encouragement......

this is the stuff i am trying not to buy......

Pillar Black Out Kit

Power Folding Mirrors

Shift Kit

Heat Wrap

A/F Gauge

Hide Away Kit

Intake Manifold

Move Bitch Horn

Pillar Pod Tri

LEDs = BADDASSNESS

I am growing weaker by the moment HELP!!
Fixed. You're welcome. :biggrin:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I already have most of that.....but your missed the whole 408 stroker engine conversation didn't you?

I don't see any point in doing e-fans on the i6. it doesn't take up power.......
I seen that. Did not know you had an LS in the garage.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Lol I got LEDs waiting to be put in. White LEDs for grill and all 4 floorboards :smile:
What's your plans for the grill LED's? :biggrin:

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
Can you take a picture of it in your GMT? looks cool
I don't know whether I should thank you or curse you. :crazy:

While putting the E-Box in for the picture(still doing some work to it), I came across a mod idea to cool my amp in the floor compartment. Thanks or curse you for this :wink:

The pic

The mod

Lol I got LEDs waiting to be put in. White LEDs for grill and all 4 floorboards :smile:
What's your plans for the grill LED's? :biggrin:
Talking about it is good therapy. So what is the plan?
:rotfl:

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Well i saw a Grill on here illuminated and thought it looked bad ass, (you know who you are) I just want to do accent lighting in the top. not visible led's.

something like this but white lighting.

Nissan-Maxima-LED-scanner-light-2.jpg

I used to have an amp in my cubby on my 2005 Envoy, i had replaced the top with plexi glass, and had fans cooling the amp. it was nice looking.

I guess I have had the Mod bug for over 15 years, because every single car i have ever had was heavily modified....... :duh:

LMAO :dielaugh:

Reactions: BHAMER and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Well i saw a Grill on here illuminated and thought it looked bad ass, (you know who you are) I just want to do accent lighting in the top. not visible led's.

something like this but white lighting.
Was it me by any chance?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
yeah your background image on your profile :whore:
Oh cool :biggrin: Yeah sometimes I think about changing it up a little bit by getting maybe 1 white glow bar from LEDGLOW and maybe zip tying it to the header panel, but still in the same spot. When I first put the 2 LED strips behind the grill, the only way I could really mount them was on that small part of the header panel that is at a slight downward angle. That's why they're visible. Either way I still like the way it turned out. Would be awesome to see how you go about it. Would really recommend you try an LEDGLOW glow bar. Would create a nice ambient glow behind the grill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online