so who still uses the old site?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Reminds me of Top Gun, where Slider leaned over to Maverick in and whispered: "Gutsiest move I've ever seen, man."

:thumbsup:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Hmmm used it couple days ago to send messages to people about gmtnation don't imo if they went thru :undecided: put in reverse words moc.noitantmg

bdorsch44

Apr 21, 2012
How does one close their account on T.V. so that my name reads "no longer with us" :raspberry: just like the roadie and the others?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
bdorsch44 said:
How does one close their account on T.V. so that my name reads "no longer with us" :raspberry: just like the roadie and the others?
You don't. "no longer with us" is what they substituted for "banned". I sounds nicer and raises fewer questions. But in order to keep their numbers up, they are banning fewer people and just putting them in "global ignore" instead.

bdorsch44

Apr 21, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
You don't. "no longer with us" is what they substituted for "banned". I sounds nicer and raises fewer questions. But in order to keep their numbers up, they are banning fewer people and just putting them in "global ignore" instead.

Gotcha. So how do I get banned?! I want nothing to do with those tyrants. do I just put 1,000 links to GMTN in the threads or what?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bdorsch44 said:
Gotcha. So how do I get banned?! I want nothing to do with those tyrants. do I just put 1,000 links to GMTN in the threads or what?

Yep, find a few noobs with month old threads and zero replies (theres lots of them). Send them a friendly PM to let them know they can get help here. And then before you know it you will be banned... Thats how it works over there:confused:, help someone who needs help and you get banned. Pretty stupid!!!

ps. I'm Banned.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Just be careful that you are PM'ing true noobs. There are a few folks with 50-500 posts who are die-hard trailvoy fans (for some insane reason) and would love to see GMTN stagnate for our "disloyalty". So a PM to them will get you reported to the staff (whatever there is...) and banned.

2) Also remember the filter they put in, so ANY mention of "gmtnation" will be automatically and silently changed to "trailvoy", EVEN IN PMS. You have to obscure the name, or suggest they Google for some distinctive phrase that only shows up here, like "so who still uses the old site", the title of this very thread!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Short Bus said:
Posted :smile: Do you think I'll get banned or put on ignore again? Like I give a fuck.

I just pissed myself at the first response to your post over there :rotfl:

It said "yo son id hit the like button if these ******* had one"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I got a fried request over there and when I went to check it out the box didn't come up to except or decline the friend, after a little digging I found out it was blckshdw. I tried PMing blckshdw and it doesn't show up in my out box.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:biggrin: Yeah, I was messing around with stuff to see what still works while being globally ignored. I had a few friend requests to approve, but I was missing the option to accept or decline them as well. That's when I tried sending you one to see if it took... For the other people, I had to go to their profile and try requesting them, and THEN it accepted their previously sent invites.... :weird:

I did get your PM, that's funny that it's invisible in your outbox...

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
They still have me in the "miserable" user category, no global ignore and sure as hell not banned. Just get the server message with anything.

framedforlife

Oct 14, 2012
I still look at the old threads and post over there and thats about it I got a PM from (somebody who doesn't need to be named here.)

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sneaky bastids are still lurking here, or reading all the PMs over there. Admin came in this morning and banned that previously-named account.

EDIT: Still, about 30 noobs are in the process of being helped here who would have gone unfulfilled if they had only discovered Trailvoy. When we're sneaky, it's all about helping the noobs and running an enthusiast forum BY and FOR enthusiasts. When THEY'RE being sneaky, it's all about retaining eyeballs for shoving ads at for profit being sent up to Canada. So who's got the moral high ground?

ANOTHER EDIT: Yep - account was banned and the posts removed. BUT, as is usual for the lying sleazeballs at Vertical Scope, the account name still lives on as an active user viewing the forums. To inflate their eyeball count and continue the deception they commit while scamming their advertisers. Biggest lie of all time is that they still post: Most users ever online was 6,689, 12-11-2011 at 11:15 PM. That was in the height of the Great Exodus. There were NOTHING LIKE 6000 unregistered human visitors to trailvoy at that time - it was faked up hits. Our statistic of the same time period is: The most registrations in one day was 118, 12-04-2011.

And OUR daily viewing stats are real, not made up. There are currently 302 users online. 90 members and 212 guests

Theirs: Currently Active Users: 1779 (91 members and 1688 guests)

Where DO they create these scripted "guest" robot users, anyway? Advertisers need to KNOW these things about Vertical Scope and Rob Laidlaw, Destroyer of Forums.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok... just came across this "gem" of wisdom, courtesy of ylab...

You're other issue will be that some of those willing to swap out their exhaust manifolds may no longer be on this site. We can't really say where they are by name, but they're not here. (There was a split, I'm inclined to believe that the actual reason lies between what has been indicated by each side, which is usually the case in such instances).

He's inclined to believe the actual reason of the split?!?!?
I guess he thinks that EVERYONE who left simply made up the reasons, and that much of the documented reasons were simply fabricated...

The fact that people "may no longer be on this site" is kinda telling tho...

Un-bloody-real.... :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ylab just wants to close his ears and chant: "I can't hear you" instead of growing a pair and figuring out which side to take.

I wonder how anybody like that can come to a conclusion and vote in an election, if he has no confidence in his convictions.

Between us and trailvoy, it's very easy. You either believe in the not-for-profit enthusiast-owned and -run sites like ours, or you believe forums should generate profits for folks who don't even own one of the vehicles being discussed.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Un frickin' believable. The Admin responded to a noob's introduction post. :eek: A rare event indeed. New TB Owner - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

No MEMBER bothers to reply, but this proves the Admin is at least looking in once a month or so. And doing their typically ineffective cursory job making sure there isn't another undetected jailbreak. :rotfl:

Of course, in the last week, there were FIFTEEN intro posts that gathered ZERO replies. :frown: That would simply NEVER happen while we were all there, and is inconceivable that it would happen here. :biggrin:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
Un frickin' believable. The Admin responded to a noob's introduction post.
Did you notice that there were several intro posts that day...and the only one he responded to was a fellow Canadian? :undecided:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
dang Roadie, you just made me go look at the old site!
I did see a post about a guy wanting spacers. I PM'ed him to check out Mike and gave a few casual references here and offroadtb.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mubai said:
I didn't but I did comment...haha!

Dang, the original post isn't in google cache either. One of these days I'll figure out how to take screens from my phone.:crazy:

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Dang, the original post isn't in google cache either. One of these days I'll figure out how to take screens from my phone.:crazy:

Did you try searching for it? No you didn't! I don't believe you. It's all over the Internet, but I'm not going to tell you! Hahahahahahah!!!!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mubai said:
Did you try searching for it? No you didn't! I don't believe you. It's all over the Internet, but I'm not going to tell you! Hahahahahahah!!!!!

I'm about sick of people asking the same questions when all they have to do is search. I mean it took longer to take and post the pic then it would have taken to search for that red wire that is hanging next to the front fuse box in the trailblazer that isn't hooked up to anything.

Edit - nevermind lol I was gmt360° of mad

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Did anyone else read this post before it was edited?
He's a member here, so maybe he'll chime in next time he visits. :undecided:

the roadie said:
That Beavercountyemt is still trying to resurrect the old days? :crazy:
He's an idiot. (in my humble opinion)

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
bdorsch44 said:
Just post information about this site. You'll be gone in no time. (And maybe lead some new people over in the process)

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I've heard from 4 people who only used their old accounts to PM noobs and not post any taunts that they got nuked. View attachment 23486

They killed off posting member's emails. They disabled the ability to PM more than one member at a time. They killed the store, stickers, chapters, calendar, and meets.

They are promoting no new mods, and spammers run rampant until the paid admin gets around to it, which is sometimes never.

They still accept money for the (presumably) moribund Platinum section. Evil.

What they can't do is admit they lost the community. 98% of the active posters who know stuff.

I could not write a more powerful admission that they have no interest in anything beyond $$. Greedy, grubby $$ mongers - Vertical Scope and Rob Laidlaw. View attachment 23487

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    986 bytes · Views: 77
  • finger.gif
    finger.gif
    986 bytes · Views: 77

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Hmm, I got a few old email addresses I can burn through in order to help get a few more over. Time to start plotting and scheming. :biggrin:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Hmm, I got a few old email addresses I can burn through in order to help get a few more over. Time to start plotting and scheming. :biggrin:

I cant even get new names "approved" My past two accounds are "banned" even though they have never been activated.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Me007gold said:
I cant even get new names "approved" My past two accounds are "banned" even though they have never been activated.
You have to use a new IP address and clear your cookies first.

Ray Dockrey

Dec 6, 2011
There was somebody over there that was having issues getting help so i sent him a PM letting him know about this site and that he might have better luck. He told the admin and I got threatened. After that I quit trying.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Anybody notice a huge purge of threads earlier in the month in the Chat forum? Everything, almost 2600 threads, from before 10/1 just vanished?

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Not that it's critical to any tech searches that will ever lead anybody to trailvoy, but isn't it interesting? Yet another admission that they've killed off the community that might have used chat threads.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Looks like they changed the display options from "beginning" to "last month". :undecided:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I would like to point out that TrailVoy is our #2 referrer of web traffic, mainly new visitors. That would seem disappointing, but the #1 referrer is OffRoadTB, and they also get traffic from TrailVoy.

Thanks VerticalScope!!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
Anybody notice a huge purge of threads earlier in the month in the Chat forum? Everything, almost 2600 threads, from before 10/1 just vanished?
They must just be hidden. Look at the current stats...

View attachment 23523

and compare to the ones in this post...

http://gmtnation.com/f18/happy-birthday-bo-tie-ss-5387/#post102150

edit...Oh wait, you said earlier this month. Anyway...there's one thread still there that started 10/9/2007 http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=32140

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 217

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online