so who still uses the old site?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
The problem is we're not a TrailBlazer forum, we're a GM truck forum.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Just checked my hotmail.com account and holy shit VS actually sent a reply email, screen shot of my original message and their reply.

AS of right now I can access the user CP, but have no access to edit my personal information or settings, and the Server is too busy screen keeps appearing.

I did this as an experiment to verify a few things and see how much BS they could throw at me, this a 100% confirms that they watch this site (I never once mentioned the nation in this email or the one I sent when my account first went miserable). Secondly I wanted to see how much VS cared about their secondary customer clientele (primary being the advertisers, ass backwards I tell you). Third they should have no issue with the link to gmtnation being posted on TV if they have "no issue" with users being on both sites.

Oh well it was good for a laugh and well worth the few minutes spent on the email.

Also the amount of spam being sent to that email address has increased by at least 200%. In three day it has received 75 emails, usually get about 20-30 emails over the course of a week.

Attachments

• vs sent.jpg
    vs sent.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 37
  • vs reply.jpg
    vs reply.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 39

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
More lies. We have a fantastic reason to invite noobs here - TO HELP THEM!

We don't make money off them like Vertical Scope does. We have no paid staff to take their skim off the top.

We just CARE about folks who aren't getting their questions answered. Not enough to go back to the parasites at trailvoy, but for them to claim we have no reason is a full-up lie.

They just don't UNDERSTAND the reason, being greedy mercenaries with no concern about the communities except how to keep one barely alive so it can be milked. Think being used as human batteries for the matrix.

View attachment 25451

Attachments

• movie_matrix_reddit_editorial.jpg
    movie_matrix_reddit_editorial.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 22

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Glad I found where my "subscription" to TV was buried in PayPal so I could cancel it before it auto renewed.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jman423 said:
We're a security threat?
We threaten their ad revenue, and revenue keeps them warm and happy little parasites, so yes. Our existence is a threat to their security blanket. :rotfl:

View attachment 25496

Attachments

• linus-peanuts.jpg
    linus-peanuts.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 22

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
the roadie said:
We threaten their ad revenue, and revenue keeps them warm and happy little parasites, so yes. Our existence is a threat to their security blanket. :rotfl:

View attachment 11263

Now where did I put those moths?

tricguy007

Dec 7, 2011
I'm a spammer on the other site every couple of months and have yet to get banned. ( cross my fingers so I can keep spamming ) I love to bring people over to the good side . :wootwoot::wootwoot::thumbsup:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I just sent about 8 or 10 PM's to noobs who joined in the last few days.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
C-ya said:
Thanks. EVERYONE who still can should do a bit of this, since it helps the noobs. Just don't post up about it here because they have spies, and folks have been banned over there for no apparent reason. They also read the Trailvoy PM logs, since the "P" in "PM" means NOTHING to those parasites. They treat us as competitors and not as helpers of folks who need help.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
C-ya said:

Lol I like what you did there :thumbsup: before the edit.

Oh and by the way, my account is still locked over there. Probably because I posted their email full of lies.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Roadie, I think we should change your name to GMT_Moses for leading this mass exodus. Or how about GMT_Jesus?

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Lol I like what you did there :thumbsup: before the edit.

Oh and by the way, my account is still locked over there. Probably because I posted their email full of lies.

Yeah, I figured I should edit that once I saw folks posting about spies.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hypnotoad said:
Roadie, I think we should change your name to GMT_Moses for leading this mass exodus.
I wasn't in any way the ringleader on this move. I imagine the founders of the new site had to think long and hard if they wanted to leave me and my sarcasm behind. :frown: Seriously, 100% of the volunteer, unpaid mods and admins defected instantly and wholeheartedly when asked. I gave up quite a bit in post count and credibility to start over here, but the mission of this site aligns with my own. And the mercenary purpose behind the Vertical Scope business model does not.
Or how about GMT_Jesus?
Ummmm, no. :no: Pied Piper maybe. :yes:

animal

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
I gave up quite a bit in post count and credibility to start over here,
While I agree about the post count you gave up I must respectably disagree about the credibility. I think most everyone from the old site did and still knows that you are "one" of the most knowledgeable folks around for the GMT360 platform.:thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
animal said:
...still knows that you are "one" of the most knowledgeable folks around for the GMT360 platform.:thumbsup:
As if his head wasn't big enough already. :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Wow, even the Christmas greeting thread over there sucks...not 1 reply to a newer members thread wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! That is pretty sad! Someone with an account should send everyone a rescue PM and tell them where the action is. I have noticed our member counts rising almost daily :thumbsup:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Wow, even the Christmas greeting thread over there sucks...not 1 reply to a newer members thread wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! That is pretty sad! Someone with an account should send everyone a rescue PM and tell them where the action is. I have noticed our member counts rising almost daily :thumbsup:

I'm trying to stay under the radar this time recruiting members.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Spamming is bad, it tends to piss off more people than it helps. It may just be a bad choice of words. We don't want to spam other sites.

What we do want is to reach out to the poor people that are not getting any help over there, or that are not getting the "right" help. Those people will benefit from the rescue and we will not appear to be uselessly spamming our name just for the sake of getting members. That's the VS way, not ours. They choose to block our name, otherwise it would just be a peaceful co-existence where we could shuffle the "un-helped" over here and get them squared away.

While we can't control what any of your do over there, try to keep that in mind.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
So the GM Customer Svc social media idiot shows up again, gets blasted, Beaver-boy comes out of retirement to defend the indefensible, and the thread has more life going in it than anything in the last 4 months. 2008 Trailblazer Transfer Case - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Have I mentioned if they show their faces here they get banned for adding zero value to the discussion and actually spouting bad advice?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
So the GM Customer Svc social media idiot shows up again
I was lurking around over there and pulled up the "Admin" profile. Guess who's on the "friends" list? :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The Admin has friends? :eek:

Ahhhhh. Goofball friends.

And his visitor message list is full of absolutely ignored pleas for help. What else is new over there? Nobody home, nobody in charge, nobody cares like we used to. Vertical Scope is a Destroyer of Forums.

View attachment 25672

Attachments

• Fluffy_31d891_2031398.jpg
    Fluffy_31d891_2031398.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 174

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I've been banned for the second time now.

This time, all my posts have been removed. Pretty much the only thing I had to offer over there were referals to this site though.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I was looking at the Reality thread. I could access page 1 fine, but every time I clicked "last page" it wouldn't load. I figured that someone was cleaning up. :undecided:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Classic data base failure when they ban and "remove all posts" of their victim. Page count collapse.

Like a black hole in its last few minutes of life.

If there's any benefit to Vertical Scope and Rob Laidlaw in this debacle, it should be to treat the communities with more respect. Instead of ant farms to be ignored.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
Classic data base failure when they ban and "remove all posts" of their victim. Page count collapse.
Right. But usually when you click "last page", it loads the last "existing" page...regardless of the page number. I couldn't get it to load anything.

ShadowClutch

Sep 5, 2012
It still comes up with valid search results for different topics, but overall new/productive activity seems to be void over there. Though the ad flood is burtal. GMTN is my primary resource because of the active discussions.

I should be removing the OS decal from my rear windows this weekend. Unfortunately, though, the GMTNation logo isn't very appealing to me, so I don't think I'd be chasing one of those down. Might get some custom alma mater/ alumni decals done, though.

The new site is great, though. Keep up the good work. As I find myself becoming active again, I'd love to support the site via subscription.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There is a block format logo you can get if you prefer that :yes:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
ShadowClutch said:
It still comes up with valid search results for different topics, but overall new/productive activity seems to be void over there. Though the ad flood is burtal. GMTN is my primary resource because of the active discussions.

I should be removing the OS decal from my rear windows this weekend. Unfortunately, though, the GMTNation logo isn't very appealing to me, so I don't think I'd be chasing one of those down. Might get some custom alma mater/ alumni decals done, though.

The new site is great, though. Keep up the good work. As I find myself becoming active again, I'd love to support the site via subscription.

If you're looking for decals / logos, try checking out this thread --> http://gmtnation.com/f43/canadian-decal-vendor-1550/#post29968

There's gotta be something in there you would like... :yes:
And if not, I'm pretty sure that Harmless (Stef) will work with you to come up with something that fits the bill...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• roadieharness.jpg
    roadieharness.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 47

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member