so who still uses the old site?

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
I am getting the word out to more now. The damn script they are running blocks typing GMTNation and converts it to Trailvoy.com. But I am sure you all knew that. I have to type GMT nation . com

Ok got some good hooks in there. Should be some people coming over. Prbly will get banned now. Oh well.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Short Bus said:
And how many new TV accounts are shills?
Inflating their member stats with one-post shills is an unavoidable consequence of getting the truth out. There is a better tactic, but I'm not going to post it for the trolls to carry back there and lock down.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
CaptainXL said:
I am getting the word out to more now. The damn script they are running blocks typing GMTNation and converts it to Trailvoy.com. But I am sure you all knew that. I have to type GMT nation . com

Ok got some good hooks in there. Should be some people coming over. Prbly will get banned now. Oh well.

Yeah the URL switch has been going on since the great migration.

I did the same thing about a month after coming over, they wont ban you. They just put you on the "miserable user" list and you cannot do jack shit. They also posted 2 times under my user name after they "banned" me. After they pissed me off I raised holy hell with the Admin, VS, and the MODS. Ever since that time the mods have been on a come and go, do not help, post or assist relationship with TV.com. Coincidence maybe, oh well I could really give sh!t.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
CaptainXL said:
This chart kind of hurts the eyes. If you have this in spreadsheet format can you adjust it to smooth out the data line to provide an average trend?
Here's a slightly smoother chart. If you know me, I mock excessive smoothing because that's what the GM designers did to the ECT gauge and then you never know the truthful data unless you look at the raw data stream. I like raw data. You can make better decisions from it. :wink:

View attachment 20653

Here is probably what you want. What I consider excessive B-spline smoothing and you lose sight of the short-term variations like weekend/weekday changes. Actually, this *is* good for a management presentation. I manipulate the pointy-hair bosses sometimes with data like this, but only if I can sneak something by them. :wootwoot:

View attachment 20654

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 18

Spyw

Apr 23, 2012
I know people shouldn't use TOS, but my page view is almost worth some of the gems of wisdom that I see.

I just saw a topic titled "Rough Idle" that started with the OP saying "My 02 Trailblazer LTZ with the V6 has recently started idling rough." Someone posted mocking him for saying V6 and then someone else posted telling him he has to replace his cylinder head.

:crazy:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Spyw said:
I know people shouldn't use TOS, but my page view is almost worth some of the gems of wisdom that I see.

I just saw a topic titled "Rough Idle" that started with the OP saying "My 02 Trailblazer LTZ with the V6 has recently started idling rough." Someone posted mocking him for saying V6 and then someone else posted telling him he has to replace his cylinder head.

Lolz:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Spyw said:
I know people shouldn't use TOS, ...
Nobody says that. :no: Lurking is entertaining. Looking up data in the OS archives that WE posted is perfectly valid. Tactfully inviting noobs and old-timers who haven't visited since the Great Migration to move over here is helpful to them and adds to the community here.

What's discouraged is to give them answers over there and give them false hope that it's a thriving place. That would be a disservice to the vehicle owners.

Posting enough to attract Vertical Scope's attention and get invited to be a replacement, second-generation nooberator would be truly evil, though. Actively helping Vertical Scope through misguided volunteerism is something that would make me question somebody's awareness of the economics involved. Getting actively involved in banning people for discussing GMTN is out and out collaboration. I don't suffer numbnuts like that gladly. :hissyfit:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Spyw said:

I can see it now - "I replaced the cylinder head, cost me $2000, and it still idles rough! WTH!?!" and then someone says "oh yeah, forgot, try cleaning the throttle body..." :crazy:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
A lot of the more experienced members over there are tired and becoming more and more short with newbies. They often end up replying with only a short phrase. I bet they are feeling like its less and less worth it.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
CaptainXL said:
A lot of the more experienced members over there are tired and becoming more and more short with newbies.
There's nobody to moderate them. They could turn it into an insult-fest and nobody is going to say a thing. The culture is not even on autopilot anymore. It's in free-fall.
They often end up replying with only a short phrase.
Yah. Not like they're getting paid by the word, or have anything new to add to the technical content. :frown:
I bet they are feeling like its less and less worth it.
Hehe. As if it ever was.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Google anything on the TrialBlazer (didn't try Envoy or other GMT platforms) and Trailvoy.com blazes in at listing #1 on page #1. That ensures that all noobs are going to be pointed to TV every time to search for answers to their issues.

In comparsion, I got tired of hitting 'next page' to try and find GMTNation. Being on the first page of Google is the best way to get new peope to the site in today's lazy age of 'googling'. Any other ways to get GMTNation to move up the charts, other than the post and 'how to' threads that are currently being done..??

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
davenay67 said:
Google anything on the TrialBlazer (didn't try Envoy or other GMT platforms) and Trailvoy.com blazes in at listing #1 on page #1. That ensures that all noobs are going to be pointed to TV every time to search for answers to their issues.

In comparsion, I got tired of hitting 'next page' to try and find GMTNation. Being on the first page of Google is the best way to get new peope to the site in today's lazy age of 'googling'. Any other ways to get GMTNation to move up the charts, other than the post and 'how to' threads that are currently being done..??

Ask questions. Even if you know the answer(provided it isnt all ready answered), we need content on this site.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Just checked it out .. That makes things bad over there . Looks like thing are about to implode ??

LBB

Apr 5, 2012
Ok, I am not going to the other one right now.
But I would like to clean my throttle body and I am looking for the How to guide.
It should be somewhere here for my model, and this would be the only reason to check it out in the other one.

After I have a couple of problems that might come from this, I would like to do it on Sunday.

Someone could even send me the link in a PN so that I know you answered me.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
LBB said:
Ok, I am not going to the other one right now.
But I would like to clean my throttle body and I am looking for the How to guide.
It should be somewhere here for my model, and this would be the only reason to check it out in the other one.

After I have a couple of problems that might come from this, I would like to do it on Sunday.

Someone could even send me the link in a PN so that I know you answered me.

Check out the articles section, you'll find the how-to in there :thumbsup:

LBB

Apr 5, 2012
CaptainXL said:

Just post different links from here on your facebook, linkedin and so on. This should give it a nice google boost.

And on the other hand, if someone has a unused domain, write the tv link 1000 times in a row, this will give it a negative setting on google for link farming.

This might outweigh their script.

- - - Updated - - -

Blckshdw said:
Check out the articles section, you'll find the how-to in there :thumbsup:

only found the 5.3 on there, unless I am blind.
Without glasses I am kind of blind.

Now this is cool, I wrote two answered and the forum put them both together.
Never saw this before.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
LBB said:
- - - Updated - - -

Scroll further, it's down there :wink:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
LBB said:
Just post different links from here on your facebook, linkedin and so on. This should give it a nice google boost.

And on the other hand, if someone has a unused domain, write the tv link 1000 times in a row, this will give it a negative setting on google for link farming.

This might outweigh their script.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is cool, I wrote two answered and the forum put them both together.
Never saw this before.

http://gmtnation.com/showthread.php?t=221

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
I used the old site over the past week to find out how to replace my motor mounts. I also posted on that site a quick one line comment, about a more detailed post at gmtnation, uh um...I mean...gmt nation.

SHILOW

Mar 29, 2012
I was just there today having a debate on whether an SUV is a truck. The guy got pissed and went into a rant about how that site sucks now. He said he was never coming back.:hissyfit: It was funny :raspberry: I'm not sure why he took it so seriously.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
SHILOW said:
I was just there today having a debate on whether an SUV is a truck. The guy got pissed and went into a rant about how that site sucks now. He said he was never coming back.:hissyfit: It was funny :raspberry: I'm not sure why he took it so seriously.

That was funny, he needs to grow a thicker skin if he's going to be on any forum.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
SHILOW said:

A BOF, RWD SUV is a truck.

Unibody/FWD SUVs are wannabes :tongue:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
I ended up there from a search for transmission line replace, and my AV complained about some attempted malware. I sent the admin a note and will not be back.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
CdnGMan said:
I think I was placed on "global ignore"...
I feel kinda special right now... *fist pump*

I can still see your older posts so I think they just deleted your recent stuff. If you search "blckshdw" you'll only see quotes from him, not the actual posts.

That guy is right though, they hacked up that thread pretty good but left the 12vcity spammer post up.:rotfl:

Earlier today (courtesy of google cache):

trailvoy_zps64fe63ad.jpg

A few minutes ago:

trailvoy2_zpsceb97180.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
MAY03LT said:
I can still see your older posts so I think they just deleted your recent stuff. If you search "blckshdw" you'll only see quotes from him, not the actual posts.

Oddly enough, I can still receive and accept friend requests. I got a few of those after I got hit by the invisi-ray :weird:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Indian spammer designersareesu looks like they shot off TEN spams around 9/5. Still all up.

On our watch they would not have lasted until the SECOND spam. A dozen mods on 7X24 patrol would simply not allow it.

I think Vertical Scope lets spammers live because they value the post count more than the community destruction caused by the vandalism.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
the roadie said:
Indian spammer designersareesu looks like they shot off TEN spams around 9/5. Still all up.

On our watch they would not have lasted until the SECOND spam. A dozen mods on 7X24 patrol would simply not allow it.

I think Vertical Scope lets spammers live because they value the post count more than the community destruction caused by the vandalism.

Vertical Scope sounds like some new kind of mouthwash....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online