so who still uses the old site?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hmmmmm, I have to assume you have a better ad blocker. The links are from Viglink (plenty of dirt on them if you Google for it) and I thought it was pushed by the site owner, not by my getting infected. In any event, one can visit Opt Out of VigLink and turn the links off, or just add viglink to your ABP. I tend to visit Trailvoy with the ad blocks turned off just to keep a watch on how bad it's getting for the average visitor.

Vertical Scope continues to suck, however. That won't ever change.

ShadowClutch

Sep 5, 2012
the roadie said:
Hmmmmm, I have to assume you have a better ad blocker. The links are from Viglink (plenty of dirt on them if you Google for it) and I thought it was pushed by the site owner, not by my getting infected. In any event, one can visit Opt Out of VigLink and turn the links off, or just add viglink to your ABP. I tend to visit Trailvoy with the ad blocks turned off just to keep a watch on how bad it's getting for the average visitor.

Vertical Scope continues to suck, however. That won't ever change.

Just using Chrome w/ AdBlock; it's true that I may have already opted out from Viglink at some point in the past. I do think those sorts of embedded links are specifically site-enabled. Or, yeah, AdBlock is terminating them.

For sure.

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I've still been posting over there off and on while directing members here and to offroadtb. I figure siphoning off members is probably the best course of action. I've tried to remain below the radar and have so far been successful. I'm not sure how much longer I'll last though. I suspect referring members to gmt national (minus the al) on a google search might put me on the radar, we'll see.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I stop by there about once a quarter and only find one or two threads that are of any interest. If you're using Firefox without an ad blocker you can easily see how many web sites they down load ads from. I installed AdBlock and things look much better. Plus the pages load faster.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Followed the Ground location link from another thread here and decided to quote the message so I could copy the pics. I was told my password was 243 days old and therefore expired, but was told to use "this page" (link to pw change page) to change it. Clicked it and saw that I had been banned with no reason given and no lift date. Yay! First forum I have ever been banned from! Now to make another account and just blast them to hell for being douchenozzles before they ban that one. I couldn't even look at that page since they IP matched me and blocked me. I actually had to go back to the page under a different IP to even see it again.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
adminlol_zpsf8d9d4e7.png

You guys remember the April fools thread over there? Looks like the admin took my advice:rotfl:

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
I got banned again. Guess its when I mentioned that a company called vertical scope turned the site into a shit hole.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
mikekey said:
I got banned again. Guess its when I mentioned that a company called vertical scope turned the site into a shit hole.

Yeah Mike, they can't handle the truth to well.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Porkins said:
Yeah Mike, they can't handle the truth to well.

[video=youtube;5j2F4VcBmeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo[/video]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I am new to the Nation and I have to say that I feel more welcome here than I ever did on the other site. I orginally joined the other site mainly because when I would search maintenance issues, mods, or general information about my TrailBlazer on google, the other site would be the first link that would show up. I just happened to be reading through a thread on the other site not too long ago where a member mentioned this site. After checking this site out and seeing the majority of the people with the knowledge have the "no longer with us" under their username on the other site have moved to this site, I figured this must be the place to be.

I have to admit that I was fooled by May03LT's April Fools thread :duh: prior to learning a little bit about the history between the two sites!

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Failvoy: banned me then unbanned me but edited all of my private messages where I tried to mention gmtnation and substituted Trailvoy in its place in every PM. haha such a joke.

They had set up a word blocker early after the break. if you type GMTNation anywhere on the site, it will change to Trailvoy automatically. Included links, sigs, posts, threads, vehicle information. We got around that for a while using mini links. but they caught on to those also and manually changed those. as they did in my old profile sig.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Hatchet said:
They had set up a word blocker early after the break. if you type GMTNation anywhere on the site, it will change to Trailvoy automatically. Included links, sigs, posts, threads, vehicle information. We got around that for a while using mini links. but they caught on to those also and manually changed those. as they did in my old profile sig.

wow with that much effort they could have actually improved the site instead

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ConeKilrAutoX said:
wow with that much effort they could have actually improved the site instead

They setup a trigger in their database, so anytime a new record is made, run a 'replace' script to swap GMTNation to Trailvoy. One of those "set it and forget it" kinda things on their end. So, like usual, minimal effort on VS's part. :hopeless:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:
They setup a trigger in their database, so anytime a new record is made, run a 'replace' script to swap GMTNation to Trailvoy. One of those "set it and forget it" kinda things on their end. So, like usual, minimal effort on VS's part. :hopeless:

so sad. that was my first site to help me. now its like a ghost site. but GMTnation is so much better now than failvoy was taking into considering VS's part. :yes:

triz

Apr 22, 2013
So far so good. I had no idea how bad it got over there. I spend a lot of time on my other car forum and then went to trailvoy to respond to a few threads and saw someones Sig to come here. So here I am!:thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
triz said:
So far so good. I had no idea how bad it got over there. I spend a lot of time on my other car forum and then went to trailvoy to respond to a few threads and saw someones Sig to come here. So here I am!:thumbsup:

Welcome!!!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Hello Short Bus,

Our records indicate that you have never posted on our site before.

Yes I have, you just didn't like what I had to say :raspberry:

Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum. Thanks and welcome to TrailVoy!

Thanks, I feel welcome, BUT WAIT!!!!..............

You have been banned for the following reason:
Still trying. Violate site rules.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

At least they admit that still trying is against their rules :crazy:

View attachment 27768

Like I give a flying F:lipsrsealed:K

Attachments

• Banned on TV.jpg
    Banned on TV.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Short Bus said:
Hello Short Bus,

Our records indicate that you have never posted on our site before.

Yes I have, you just didn't like what I had to say :raspberry:

Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum. Thanks and welcome to TrailVoy!

Thanks, I feel welcome, BUT WAIT!!!!..............

You have been banned for the following reason:
Still trying. Violate site rules.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

At least they admit that still trying is against their rules :crazy:

View attachment 14084

Like I give a flying F:lipsrsealed:K

What a joke! I'm so glad I got banned way back when I did. At least here at GMTNation it's a real community, you don't see people getting banned here all the time for conspiracy to take members else where . They act so childish with there dumb remarks n reasons for being banned. Date ban will be lifted: Never, oooooh........where shaking in our boots, a life time ban, the harshest ban of them all, and for what? I think the biggest dummies are the business's that actually pay to advertise over there, a place where no one gets help and all the contributors get banned, hey Mr. Advertiser, now that's a good spend eh? :crazy: I think VS needs a new business plan. I still hate that my album is over there n I can't delete it :hissyfit:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I your going to go out, go out in style!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Mark20 said:
I your going to go out, go out in style!

How about remaining a "mole" and referring anyone and everyone possible here so they too are aware of the BS VS dealt out? Reasoning is that site helped me out immensely at times and if I can point someone in the right direction, GMTNation.com, there might be a few more on the road when I need a part in 10-20years. :smile:
I just PM folks or reply in thread to check this place out. Say it is their loss not mine by not doing so.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
How about remaining a "mole" and referring anyone and everyone possible here so they too are aware of the BS VS dealt out? Reasoning is that site helped me out immensely at times and if I can point someone in the right direction, GMTNation.com, there might be a few more on the road when I need a part in 10-20years. :smile:
I just PM folks or reply in thread to check this place out. Say it is their loss not mine by not doing so.

It's not like you can't make more accounts :raspberry:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Short Bus said:
It's not like you can't make more accounts :raspberry:

True, how many people read a post that will eventually be removed before it is? Sounds too time consuming for me. Guess I didnt get screwed as bad as others here. I'll slowly push the envelope-softly poking "the man" over and over and over.

I miss all of the OG's here smartass comments to others over there. Is there top 3/10 #list of who went out and how?

Short bus: what would be a better username for a new acct; Failvoy, TrailvoySucks, "nation,GMT", verticle scope blows,GoogleTheRoadie? GMTruckNationdotcom, other ideas? Maybe a 2nd acct to keep the mods busy?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I think the biggest dummies are the business's that actually pay to advertise over there
Yeah, but mostly I feel sorry for the poor souls who don't know any better than to donate money to them. :hopeless:

View attachment 27774

Attachments

• TV2.JPG
    TV2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 12

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They changed my password in the exodus and I have never been able to get back in there. Never even got a chance to get kicked out. They do not say I am banned, they just won't let me reset the password. Says email them, but they never respond. I wanted to edit some stuff out of my profile n such, but gave up.

F Vertical Scope and F Trailvoy.com

At least the heart and soul that made that site back in the day, still thrives here!

Kdizzydawg

Apr 14, 2013
I never used either if these forums until earlier this year when purchasing a used envoy with much needed attention to many functions!! Anyways, I was on the old forum seeking answers to my problems as I google searched my issues and TV is all over my searches, and the only way I found my way to this forum is through the other... Eventually! So my question is why does gmt nation not come up in google search or is it buried down pages and pages? I usually go to first few sites I see!! But yes I am glad I finally stumbled down the rabbit hole.. And found my way over here!! :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Kdizzydawg said:
I never used either if these forums until earlier this year when purchasing a used envoy with much needed attention to many functions!! Anyways, I was on the old forum seeking answers to my problems as I google searched my issues and TV is all over my searches, and the only way I found my way to this forum is through the other... Eventually! So my question is why does gmt nation not come up in google search or is it buried down pages and pages? I usually go to first few sites I see!! But yes I am glad I finally stumbled down the rabbit hole.. And found my way over here!! :thumbsup:

Funny thing, if I google Trailvoy only the first hit or so is trailvoy, the rest are GMTNation :rotfl: and usually about why no one wants to be there at Trailvoy. Check it out...

Kdizzydawg

Apr 14, 2013
Ok yea I tested a google search in regards to a erratic fuel gauge.. This forum is 5 pages deep, shit I never make it that far in searching maybe 3 pages!! All I am saying is I am glad I managed To find my way here bc it's most the guys here that had the great feedback on the OS!! Once this site gets few years older perhaps it will make first page!! biggrin: thanks to all for everything!!:thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Kdizzydawg said:
Ok yea I tested a google search in regards to a erratic fuel gauge.. This forum is 5 pages deep, shit I never make it that far in searching maybe 3 pages!! All I am saying is I am glad I managed To find my way here bc it's most the guys here that had the great feedback on the OS!! Once this site gets few years older perhaps it will make first page!! biggrin: thanks to all for everything!!:thumbsup:

This is why I don't answer technical questions in PMs. The only way we can get up in Google is to have more content. So post, post, and when in doubt, post some more!:cool:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
TollKeeper said:
So I just got an email from a girl who owned a Isuzu Ascender that I recomeded check out the OS back in November. She got banned, and she never even made a post, or sent a IM.. and shes blaming me. Aparently she just joined a week or something ago.. WTF?

Now they are banning people on a wim?

All I got to say to those admins is..

[video=youtube_share;BNL6aoWJnsE]http://youtu.be/BNL6aoWJnsE[/video]

Of course they banned her. Common totatarian organization tactics. Destroy those exposed to the truth!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online