so who still uses the old site?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Trailvoy.com will NEVER regain it's place on the internet pedestal. It's former glory will only ever remain an elusive ghost that it will forever bemoan losing.

The white knight fell off his horse and onto his sword - an ugly, painful death witnessed by many.

Time to move on already.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I am making a few photo edits to my how to articles over there! :thumbsup: I venture to guess that I will have no further access after they catch on.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
the roadie said:
Wait a few weeks. They'll SPAM you with a desperate plea to come back and post. Gotta keep the stats up SOMEHOW to sell those frickin' ads. :wink:

10:1 the ads are nothing more than a simple embed code to a pay-per-click service.... Adblock takes good care of those.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kardain said:
.. Adblock takes good care of those.
Almost everybody was using that tactic already, but it wasn't the primary or only reason we all left the OS. :wink:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
the roadie said:
Almost everybody was using that tactic already, but it wasn't the primary or only reason we all left the OS. :wink:

Yeah, I think I've caught up on the whole issue after seeing the story on both sides.

I'll be honest, I still venture over there. As I am still relatively new to the GMT platform (bought my TB in July 11), there is still some good info over there for n00bs that hasn't quite been transferred over here. I just don't post and have stricter than default ad filters for the OS.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Noobs helping noobs! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Every time I go back there, I laugh (and cringe) at the lame advice that noobs are getting from other noobs.

C'mon folks; aside form a few rare problems, there are few things that can go wrong with our platforms that are not predictable and easily fixed. The engines are darn near bulletproof. It drives me NUTS when noobs ignore good advice and listen to their friends on some ricer forum and end up spending a ton of money on stuff they don't need.

Honestly ... when is the last time that "change your fuel filter" every did a THING for anyone except pad the pockets of the dealers and parts suppliers.

I still laugh when owners on the other site report their temp gauges are a tick or two to the left of center and they STILL deny they have a thermostat/coolant temp sensor problem. Go for it buddy ... and come back and whine when you lose your top end acceleration because you have just cooked an expensive and sensitive cat converter now too.

I have been driving cars and writing about cars and writing about driving cars for many many years and I am old and a bit set in my ways, but even I know enough not to rely on old wives' tales, and I understand the technology in these vehicles is different than it was even 10 years ago. Cat converters, sensors, coils, plugs ... are ALL very sensitive these days, and vehicles have been forced by regulators to run MUCH narrower stoichiometric ratios these days.

Sheesh. Noobs "helping" noobs. What a joke.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Serious question along the lines of this topic.

I subscribed through Paypal to the OS so its listed in my PayPal account as a subscription. If I cancel that subscription, do I lose the extra "privileges" I have there? I'm thinking no. Unfortunately I know I ain't getting my money back.

Reactions: SmokeyMcBlazer

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Mark20 said:
Serious question along the lines of this topic.

I subscribed through Paypal to the OS so its listed in my PayPal account as a subscription. If I cancel that subscription, do I lose the extra "privileges" I have there? I'm thinking no. Unfortunately I know I ain't getting my money back.

You will not lose your benefits until the full term has passed. Then, when it goes to renew, you will then lose your benefits.

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I've posted a few times over the last few months. mostly I just direct the offroad guys to offroadtb to find the info their looking for after some vague answer. I don't really venture out of that area. I figure the more lifted the better. I haven't gotten a PM or anything yet, but I haven't posted more than half a dozen times since this site became active.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, i havent gotten any pm's or warnings yet either.. and all of my contributions lately have been just to get people to email me so i can let them know about here...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Well I got a nice PM from them today after my editing of a few pictures.

Originally Posted by TrailblazrI6
This is simply not going to be tolerated. You know the resultant consequence.

"There say there is one thing about burned bridges - the hardest thing in life is figuring out which one to cross and which to burn."

-Trailblazri6

My reply:

You are exactly correct, actions always deserve consequences.

My actions were the direct consequence of Vertical Scope issuing a DMCA takedown notice to GMT Nation claiming that I copied information that did not belong to me and rather to a dead account that was used to re-post the how to under their name, even though they still used links to the pictures in my photobucket account.

I was perfectly fine with leaving harmoniously and not causing issues. However, when information that I have provided willingly and freely is blatantly stolen from me then I take some offense to that. I have no interest in sharing the information through this site anymore and since it wouldn't be taken down, I made the appropriate edits.

I understand that you are just doing your job, and I have no ill will against you. My issues are with Vertical Scope and their poor effort in managing this site.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Yup, it is official!!! :thumbsup:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Violating the site rules.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Yup, it is official!!! :thumbsup:

Hmmm. See what is said if you ask them to site which rule(s) you violated.
If push comes to shove, I'll bet it comes down to this
  • Registration: TrailVoy and its staff reserve the right to deny or terminate any membership for any reason.
... including arguing with the Admin(s), mentioning that other sites exist, reneging on your lifetime commitment to host pictures for their site, or "'cause I said so".

Yeah, yeah. I know. Not worth the typing energy to get an "valid" answer.

PS: Had to go look at your old CV shaft thread. You sure know how to leave the building. :explode:
Already one complaint about missing pictures. Wonder how long those new ones will stay there?!
Damn. No free beer smiley on here.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
... and it's not like they can threaten you with the ban hammer either... :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Here's what they had to say about Regulator, who KNOWS he owns his own pictures and can do with them whatever he damn well pleases. "Less than good intentions"??? :thumbsup: VERTICAL SCOPE has "Less than good intentions". :yes:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=77761

Sure seems like VS escalated childishly FIRST, by filing the BOGUS DMCA takedown notice on US. Asshats. :hissyfit:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm guessing my global ignore status may be getting lifted. Someone has been tinkering in my profile and wiped out all my GMTN stuff that had been there for the past month. :undecided:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
I'm guessing my global ignore status may be getting lifted. Someone has been tinkering in my profile and wiped out all my GMTN stuff that had been there for the past month. :undecided:

Im tempted to post to see if my ignore has been lifted but that means I would have to post over there.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
07 TB RIDER said:
Im tempted to post to see if my ignore has been lifted but that means I would have to post over there.

I go to My Replies, and pick a thread with a low post count, and find where I replied. Then log out, and click the "return to the page I was on" link, see if my response is still visible. So far, no dice. If they do lift it, I will have to remove lots of pics, and do some editing here :hopeless:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:

Mine has been cleaned for a while so I doubt it.

07 TB RIDER said:

Blckshdw said:
I go to My Replies, and pick a thread with a low post count, and find where I replied. Then log out, and click the "return to the page I was on" link, see if my response is still visible. So far, no dice. If they do lift it, I will have to remove lots of pics, and do some editing here :hopeless:

Try sending a PM to one of us others that you have listed in your friends, if you can see them. Or PM someone that you know isn't being punished.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
djthumper said:
Mine has been cleaned for a while so I doubt it.

Try sending a PM to one of us others that you have listed in your friends, if you can see them. Or PM someone that you know isn't being punished.

There was a friend request in my inbox from MarkMC, that's why I thought my ignore might have been lifted. Didn't think anybody could see me... Then I noticed my profile had been scrubbed down. :confused:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
That's weird? But not surprising. Look up my profile. Same name. I try with my phone and won't load....BUT it does here.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
There was a friend request in my inbox from MarkMC, that's why I thought my ignore might have been lifted. Didn't think anybody could see me... Then I noticed my profile had been scrubbed down. :confused:

silvernclean said:
That's weird? But not surprising. Look up my profile. Same name. I try with my phone and won't load....BUT it does here.
It shows you guys on the member list, I sent a friend request if you get it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Weird. The notification was up top, but when I clicked it, no friend request? You, sir, have been DENIED!!! :crackup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Page will load when I'm not logged on. As soon as I log on...nothing. haha oh well.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
Weird. The notification was up top, but when I clicked it, no friend request? You, sir, have been DENIED!!! :crackup:

and so are you...

IAFF78

Dec 29, 2011
Im not gonna lie, i used the OS a day ago to help expedite my problem. The help i received her was overwhelming and greatly appreciated. The OS...not so much help provided.

It saddens me what the OS has turned into. When i signed up to the OS I was one of the first 100 guys to join the site. I was there for some time and enjoyed my run. There was alot of good people on there who now have made the switch. Wish i could remember my original screen name. I re-joined after thanksgiving past and created a new screen name and quickly found how depleted that site was.

Im glad that a member from the OS told me about this site. Without him, I would have never found GMT Nation. Im happy to be here and share what ever info I have obtained through my years. Lets make this site as good or better than what the OS once was.

Happy TRAILing,
Kevin

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
YOUNG said:
i clicked on that there link roadie posted, scrolled down and clicked on regulators profile, it says that he is banned of course,, but yet it says he is online! wth....

Once you log on, they seem to be keeping people in the statistics for a week or a month. Whatever it is, I suspect it's to display artificially inflated active member numbers to advertisers. I know with as few posts per day as they're getting, that they REALLY DON'T have 200 members logged in and 1900 lurkers. What a whopper of a lie. :eek:

Proof:
View attachment 18031

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 34

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
I still visit the site about once a week. Curiosity above anything else. Got the banner to post.

"It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Please take a few moments to perhaps ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Thanks!"

For the roadie ... counters increasing.
6728100213_1f0c364fbc_b_d.jpg

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:
After some additional lies, including a claim that he doesn't ban anybody, the Chief Goofball closes the thread because people are starting to disuss That Which Shall Not Be Mentioned.

We call it the Great Exodus, or the December Jailbreak, where we got out from underneath Vertical Scope's thumb and profit-sucking business model. :biggrin:

Just PM'd davenay67 from the end of that thread trying to convince him to head over here. Wonder if I'll get a warning for that ? :eek:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
woody79 said:
Just PM'd davenay67 from the end of that thread trying to convince him to head over here. Wonder if I'll get a warning for that ? :eek:

As long as you didn't spell out GMTN the correct way then you should be fine. I went undetected intill I made a public comment about banning noobs then they found my sent messages.

Hopefully they don't catch on to my new messages :lipsrsealed:, don't think so since I've gotten new referrals here.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well they finally caught onto me... they went into my profile and deleted my email address, and also disabled my signature... i can see it in my profile, edit it in my profile, but when i reply to a thread, it doesnt show up... looks like i'll have to find another way :crackup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well they finally caught onto me... they went into my profile and deleted my email address, and also disabled my signature... i can see it in my profile, edit it in my profile, but when i reply to a thread, it doesnt show up... looks like i'll have to find another way :crackup:

You still haven't pissed them off enough to be put on global ignore on banned YET

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
You still haven't pissed them off enough to be put on global ignore on banned YET

:rotfl:

I was banned, ignored, and deleted!! Hell I think they even took away my pudding cups!:cool:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Ghoster said:
:rotfl:

I was banned, ignored, and deleted!! Hell I think they even took away my pudding cups!:cool:

If they were butterscotch I ate them :raspberry:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
But that hasn't stopped us, now has it?

Muaahahahahahahaha

Nope.... and I got a whole fridge full of new pudding cups!!!:biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member